Race Department Forum Racing - Season 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laad takes second win while Utzer scores a home podium
A hat trick for Jim Laad, as he takes pole position, fastest lap, and the win at the Bilster Berg. It seemed nothing could stop the Brit from scoring his second win and fourth podium of the season. Sharing the front row with Laad, Omer Said fought well, but a delay in the pits cost him and the Lotus team as Ben Utzer managed to pass him for second place. Once again the dynamic duo of Williams and Lotus took the Top 5 slots. McLaren managed to get decent points from two of their drivers, while Old Wolf lost his engine on the penultimate lap. Ferrari sat near the bottom of the table once again, and must be wondering how to salvage their season.

Results 5 Germany.jpg

Interviews
@Jimlaad43 Nice work there from you and the team. How did you manage to stay so fast all weekend?
@Omer Said you had a great drive out there today. Can you explain the mix up in the pit?
@Aidan Keranen P6 and P7 for your team today exceeded most people's expectations. Should we be expecting more from McLaren?
@Márk Lintner We heard a rumor of Enzo's ghost wandering the factory this weekend. Do you believe it?

Next Race
Next up is the difficult and demanding Endurance Race from the Snaefell Mountain Course on the Isle of Man! Over 60km long for a single lap, I can hardly believe anyone can memorize all those turns. You will all have until Tuesday night (GMT) to announce in the forum your driver order. After all announcement are made, I will finalize the Driver Order and start the race!

@Omer Said you had a great drive out there today. Can you explain the mix up in the pit?

I had a problem with the steering wheel. The dashboard was blank and some of the buttons were not working. I could not send the message about the problem due to pit-radio button not working as well. So they did not ready a replacement wheel for me. I had to wait in the box. We could have taken 2nd today, but a podium finish is still good.

The offical driver order for the Endurance Race in Great Britain is confirmed. Here is a recap of the rules clarifications I made during the testing session:
  • If you post out of order, you will incur a 4hr time penalty. The skipped driver must take your turn so that you are not driving twice.
  • If you edit your post, the time stamp of the original post will remain valid; there will be no penalty for posting the wrong thing and editing it, providing the correct amount of time has passed (4hr 1min).
  • If any driver drives twice, the team is disqualified.
  • Penalties will be compounded. If you post out of order and early, then you will received the appropriate time penalty for both offenses.
  • RULE CHANGE - In keeping with the time penalties of the other race types, If you post early, you will incur a 30 minute penalty per minute that you are early. This is a change from the original 4hr time penalty for posting early. I realized that by posting 4hrs early, you would receive a 4hr penalty, which would technically result in no penalty.
Williams
@Jimlaad43
@Benutzername
@Dovi design

Lotus
@Millsy24
@Omer Said
@Meff28s

McLaren
@Aidan Keranen
@TTupsi
@oldwolf

Ferrari
@Márk Lintner
@oorjit07
@Sasha Jednak

And now the countdown begins. Check that your team radios are working! The race will start at some point in the next 72 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%