RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

It wont happen in the league because you are surrounded there with people that have exactly the same driving level.
Here in the club it is something different and i would like to stress that A LOT of drivers here are running this game for the first time. The league is to have fun and to learn, meet new friends, get adjusted to online simracing etc etc.

Like i've said before, we dont give away prizes for the best Racing Club driver because it is not about the points :bike:

I agree Bram...I am one of the slower drivers, but for me its the FUN what counts in the first place, and to have fun with other race-fans online.

I did my very best to give those fast guys the room they needed.
I think those fast drivers need to watch, slower drivers :D

If you don't like it...don't join, easy ;)

Robert and Mark if you are getting so angry...I stay home next time, if thats what you guys want !!!!!!!!!
Its not always easy to give fast drivers the room they need.

Now its time for me to get angry :p

Anyway, I am the first one who respect fast drivers...and who is watching the blue flags ;)

Hans.

I am sorry of my comments last night, I came home from the pub after having a few drinkies :D I also agree with all of you now I have a clear head :) Your right, its not the end of the world lol, so maybe i should keep my drunk stupid bloody mouth shut next time, as Ramon can vouch for me, I am nororius for writing garbled crap on forums once I have had one too many ;)

I was a little annoyed when I see people not moving over, but after reading all these comments I feel i need to chill out a little and start having a little more fun.

On a more positive note, I had an absolute blast last night :)

I had grrrreat battles with quite a few of you and I can really mean it when I say there was not one moment when I felt i could not trust the guy next to me even though there was mm's of air between our bumpers :):):) :drunk::alla:

Practice:

I had never driven at this track before the practice session, But soon I found it was not hard to learn it, haipin, then another hairpin, then a turn and another turn, and voila, back to the start again :bike:

I soon found some good pace towards the end of the session.

Quali:

Well this was mayhem :) It seemed as though the amount of ppl on track had doubled from the previous session lol. I just could not get a clear lap in at all, I tried to distance myself from the person in front but always, somehow I either messed up or got caught out :)

Towards the end of the session I thought that I could not go faster until suddenley out of knowhere I hookded up a fantastic lap to get it on pole by a tenth :)

Race1:

I got a good start and managed to stay in the lead for the first few corners (only just though :)) then at the hairpin (which one!!) (the left hand one) I looked back to see a little bit of carnage :)

For the nest 14 laps I had a relativley easy run at a win in this race, until lap 14 where my tires were really starting to bad, also with some MINOR hold ups from the back markers (I am not pointing any fingers here and am now calmed down from my drunken stupidness of last night forum spamming :)) the gap decreased rapidly until my 4 sec lead had turned into a 1 sec lead with 3 very fast looking drivers behind me :)

At this point I had to go into defensive mode as my raw pace was not quick enough to keep me infront. With Rob Croner approaching fast I knew I had to make no mistakes. At every corner for 3 laps or so i had to take inside lines to stay ahead and it paid off with him making a small error with 2 laps to go allowuing my lead to increase to 1.5 secs, enough for me to just get to the finish line with no more pressure dfrom behind :) Pheeew, that was a tight end to a very fun race :)

Race2:

Well this started off very nice too. It was soooo damn close racing in the 1st lap or so, I managed to gain about 2 or 3 places and on the 1st lap. Then I tried to go round the outside of someone and got my rear wheel on the curb which spun me round 180 degrees :(:( I dropped from 5th (?) to 11th (?) and so had to try my hardest to get back up the field. I got up to 4th with about 10 laps to go, and from there onwards I had a pretty lonley race, no one close behind, and no one close in front. I then managed to pick up 3rd place with Rob dropping out for some reason?? What happened mate??

I just want to say thanks for this race night, I had good fun and well done to all who finished the races, well done also to Ludwig for race 2. And also to Mr Lennon for his solid pace throughout the evening :)

I had some great battles with alot of you last night, but the most intense has to be with Rob Crone, Thankyou for not hittibng me andf my defensive driving off the track, It was very very very close wheel rubbing action, great to have that trust with people you dont know :)

@Rob Crone, do you remember racing with me on the public server on RACE 07 WTCC class round Valencia?? We had a blast then also :) Remember on track though my name is RUEMORG and you will remember im sure P:)

thanks again for everyone involved in making a great race evening

Mark (Rue)

Nice story there Mark, Usually with me its the other way around. I talk to much without a beer :D as soon as i had a few my talking stops and so does my driving skill :drunk: heheheh !! Last laps yesterday i had the same with ppl in the back, some saw me in there mirror ( thx Hans :thumb:) and i also came up in a fight between two cars in the back and just backed up for half a lap so they where done and passed after that. Its indeed a two way story for all of us and everybody still learns to be a better driver after all. Still i think it was a fair and most of all FUN event, Lets move on to the next :bike:

Attachments

• Warren Mini Race 07.JPG
    Warren Mini Race 07.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 209
Ok, I think I've overreacted (again.. lol :p)! I feel sorry for the guys who got lapped, went a bit too harsh maybe, but I really think.. even if you don't get blue flags, you need to watch backwards once in a lap atleast, so you know what you are waiting for.

For us it maybe was a bit frustrating sometimes, but hey, it was a race to practise just like any other! Just keep learning, learning, learning. Lol, maybe I'm speaking as a much experience racedriver that is older.. but in fact I'm little bit younger, and not experienced haha :p So don't always listen to me!

Yes, yes, I thought I remembered you already Mark.. didn't know from what quite sure though! Well, I think we proved again to have big battles with eachother! You're one of the best defenders I know so far, hehe! Now I know what Formula-1[NO-B] felt when I was defending him for around 5 laps at Sepang with the Formula 3000's.

Nothing better than this sort of battles, really, it was terrific!

Oh, and why I got disconnected? Yup, router.. that's why I got late into qualifying again around 5 minutes before the end. Oh well, the racing was good.. looking forward to the next race! :)

Ok, I think I've overreacted (again.. lol :p)! I feel sorry for the guys who got lapped, went a bit too harsh maybe, but I really think.. even if you don't get blue flags, you need to watch backwards once in a lap atleast, so you know what you are waiting for.

For us it maybe was a bit frustrating sometimes, but hey, it was a race to practise just like any other! Just keep learning, learning, learning. Lol, maybe I'm speaking as a much experience racedriver that is older.. but in fact I'm little bit younger, and not experienced haha :p So don't always listen to me!

Yes, yes, I thought I remembered you already Mark.. didn't know from what quite sure though! Well, I think we proved again to have big battles with eachother! You're one of the best defenders I know so far, hehe! Now I know what Formula-1[NO-B] felt when I was defending him for around 5 laps at Sepang with the Formula 3000's.

Nothing better than this sort of battles, really, it was terrific!

Oh, and why I got disconnected? Yup, router.. that's why I got late into qualifying again around 5 minutes before the end. Oh well, the racing was good.. looking forward to the next race! :)

Rob, If you have rFactor, I would love to see you at this event, it will be a real test of driving skills i believe :) and i am yet to feel 100% confident with this mind boggling combination :)

Great battles, cheers again for your compliments of my defensive driving, it would never have worked if I could not trust that you were not going to hit into the back of me :)

Respect must come from both sides, but thats my humble opinion.

I already told you guys during the chat I had a pain in the neck not caused by the G-forces but looking in that bloody mirror all the time...its your fault, drive slow next time :D

I forgive you guys, see you next battle :thumb:

I can't put the car in my behind if I see you in my mirror, if you know what I mean :cheesy:

Hans :banana073:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 13 34.2%