RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Just got out.. connection lost lap 17 race 2.

In qualifying I ended up at 3rd, but it seemed I was lagging in the race! I'm sorry for all those people that had problems with my car, and thanks you allowed me to race thru, even with my lagg :).

Race 1 I ended up 4th, great battle (in my NON-lagging screen :p) with Ludwig Ghidi, Gary Lennen and a fenomal battle with Ruemorg! Great defending there mate :)

Race 2 Whole the race behind Ludwig and Gary with about a 1.5-2 seconds distance, till, like in the first race, their tyres seemed to get lost. My tyres where whole the race fine and the difference you really saw at the end of the race. Sorry for the 2 hits Gary btw, it weren't real bad hits, but they were there.

Ok, now my biggest complain, BLUE FLAGS! There were drivers out there that totally ignored them and caused me a 2nd place instead of Gary in race 2. Those drivers really need to watch the people up in front, because if this happens in the wtcc league too, i know many people will not be happy.

• Andy Marsden

Fun race tonight, apologies for being a bit too agressive in the first few laps of both races, been used to racing AI drivers all these years! :)

QUALIFY
Ok-ish, qualified 18th which is probably a PB for me hehe :D

RACE 1
Very good start! Gained quite a few places, 2 on the starting straight as Gareth and someone else did a Lewis Hamilton and had starting problems. Dropped back a few places after almost loosing it on the last turn on lap 2 and sat 17th until lap 7 when I lost the back end and slammed the front right of the car into a wall and broke my suspension. Had to retire as the car refused to move :(

RACE 2
Started last due to my retirement in R1 but managed to get up to 16th in the first few laps. Dropped to 17th after spinning after the hairpin (and almost collected the front two as they lapped me - as a side note the blue flags didnt show until you had past me, so apologies there but i wasn't trying to cause a pile up, just recovered from a spin after all!). Sat in 17th till I finished the race, one lap down on the first 4.

OVERALL
A fun race (apart from my retirement in R1). Didn't realise how tricky this track actually was till I raced it! Again sorry to P1&2 when they lapped me but as I said the flags didnt show when you were behind me, thats the honest truth :)

Andy

sorry guys for not showing up
but after i finished yesterday all installs i was looking forward to the event, waked up early to get some train in on that track
and my brand new hdd decide to kick his MBR(Master Boot Record) out of this universe :/
so till i got the new hdd out of the shop it was already midday
i just finished with the most important stuff not even race is installed yet

i am realy sorry for not posting earlyer but i realy forgot in the trubble i had

Qualifying: 10th

Race1: Got a good start and passed 2 people up to 8th which soon became 6th after passing Terry and Tobias. I held them up for about 6 laps till someone was nudging me on msn (stupid me) and had to close it. Down to 8th then it happened again resorting me going very very wide on turn 1. Down to 10th then followed Jens, Untill Tobiad ran out of fuel which gifted me 9th but finished behind Jens.

Race 2: Started 9th and another good start and was 6th after first lap behind lagging Robert :)D) but when I dropped off Behind Terry and Patrick I settled down for 7th. But when I followed Ian of the track I slipped to 9th and chased down Jens again, But he was too fats for my liking and settled 9th. But Robert bravely ended his race and I got 8th. Yet on Lap 19 I managed to make a mistake on the straight (??) I had to defnd like crazy from Theo and Gareth but luckily I formed a gap and finished 8th!

Very good nights racing, Legs sore after I had to stretch them to reach the pedals in Race 2 coz they were being pushed forward steadily! I enjoyed it and my first RD points

Ok, now my biggest complain, BLUE FLAGS! There were drivers out there that totally ignored them and caused me a 2nd place instead of Gary in race 2. Those drivers really need to watch the people up in front, because if this happens in the wtcc league too, i know many people will not be happy.

It wont happen in the league because you are surrounded there with people that have exactly the same driving level.
Here in the club it is something different and i would like to stress that A LOT of drivers here are running this game for the first time. The league is to have fun and to learn, meet new friends, get adjusted to online simracing etc etc.

Like i've said before, we dont give away prizes for the best Racing Club driver because it is not about the points :bike:

Wow, some great races... Just love those Radicals!

Qualified in 15th position. Was pretty satisfied with that as this was my first time on this circuit and I was still working on my setup.

Not a good start but I managed to avoid most of the troubles in the first few turns. Then in the chicane some cars in front of me crashed, I had to brake to avoid and somebody hit me in the back forcing me off track. Dropped to 19th position and my Radical was damaged. Still because of other people making mistakes I managed to finish in 13th position.

Second race... man, one of my toughest races yet, I was constantly fighting of attacks from the back driving in 10th position... had fights with Jeremy Trotin, Gareth and Tobias Röhner but I managed to keep them behind me all the time. Especially Tobias was all over me and so close all the time I had trouble hearing my own engine! LOL! Big compliments, I think you were faster than me but never did you even touch me!! :thumb: When I thought he finally passed me Tobias made a mistake and spinned his car (right into the pit lane I think lol!) and I was back fighting Gareth again!

Then I think Ross made a few mistakes and I also gained on him (somebody else dropped out so I was now in 9th position). Ross made a mistake on the straight and I could've passed but he closed the door on me pretty hard (more like slammed it in my face and bolted it shut... :D ). Had a nice fight in the last few laps but missed my braking point in the last lap at the end of the straight and had to let Gareth past. So finished in 10th position in the end. Had a great race, thanks guys! :thumb:

Race one i was a bit shaky from 2nd spot starting,just too nervous and making mistakes,i ended up turning Robert round at T3,sorry about that Rob but i will say at that point your car was doing the insane rubber-band effect thing with lag,i used my experience in these situations and promptly tapped your nose to get you facing the correct way again and we were going with i hope very little delays? :angel:,the chase was fantastic though and the standards of clean racing,thanks for the Gift of a podium at the finish lap.
Race 2 i got a very hooked up start and found myseld into second place and harrassing for the lead,but Jens had some good speed on the parts that mattered making a pass difficult,eventually he made a small error and got to sneak past,but i now had a fast Ludwig chasing me,but now i felt good about the tyres and pushed hard to make a small gap,but my mistakes at some places threw the gap away,then i do one mistake on the exit of T1 and Ludwig is there to pounce and take the lead,now i have Robert on my case with great speed,up ahead a car we approching to lap is recovering back onto the track,he lets Ludwig past,but i dont think he sees me and comes into the middle of the track,i have to go off the track to avoid and this lets Rob through to 2nd,i think for sure if Robert doesnt drop connection he will finish ahead of me,and with his late in the race speed i wouldnt bet against him for the win,but Ludwig takes a very good deserved win i think,i am happy with 2 podium finishes amongst guys of this calibre and speed.

Special Grats to me m8 RUE for a nice race one win,not folding under pressure like some of us do.......(ahem)
Well done again Ludwig for race 2 win.

Many Thanks organisers for the time and facilities it takes to allow us all this pleasure.

It wont happen in the league because you are surrounded there with people that have exactly the same driving level.
Here in the club it is something different and i would like to stress that A LOT of drivers here are running this game for the first time. The league is to have fun and to learn, meet new friends, get adjusted to online simracing etc etc.

Like i've said before, we dont give away prizes for the best Racing Club driver because it is not about the points :bike:

I agree with Robert Crone, the backmarkers were abismal tonight, Not EVER have I had to fight past people that are 1 lap down before, At one point I found myself swearing and cursing down the mic through TS cos no body took notice of the BLUE FLAGS... they are there for a very very very very good reason. I lost about 2-3 secs battling with people who should have moved over to let me through. This may be the only time I get angry here at RD, but i think some special care needs to be taken when someone is TRYING to get passed not even fighting for position. Anyway this is the end of my moan, I had a blast tonight despite these minor complications :)

I will write my race report in the morning, cheers to all who took part in making it a great eveing,m but PLEEEEEASE do take care IF you are a backmarker :)

Mark (Rue Morg)

Well I agree with Bram, Racing Club events are designed to allow people to learn how to race on-line, so we need to show some tolerance. Is it really so serious if people occasionally lose a coupla seconds in a non point scoring "friendly" Race Night Event?
However, I also recognise that lapped drivers need to quickly learn and respect the Blue Flag rules, so a friendly reminder / advice in the forum is no problem.

Just to remind everyone, check the Racing Club Rules and Code of Conduct:

http://forum.racedepartment.com/applications/3364-racing-club-rules-code-conduct.html

I think it adequately covers the need to respect Blue Flags as well as "swearing and cursing down the mic through TS".

Lets all work together to make the Racing Club an enjoyable place to race.

I agree to both parts. If you are leading the pack it can be frustrating if a backmarker don't let you pass. But don't forget, not everyone focus on anything. While very concentrating its easy to overlook a blueflag.

I think the Friendly Development series will be a great opportunity for everyone to learn to drive close and what to do if a fast driver is trying to lap you.

As said, respect each other and get over it :) Its all about fun.

hi,

very nice racing :)

quali at place7

race 1: after mistakes and knocking at my back ^^ im somewhere at the 11th place... sry, but im braking in the first corners a little bit earlier because the brakes an tires must be warm up.
i ended the race at 8th place, someone has not enough fuel :sign0151:

race2: omg...start from the 1st and i had a very good start, but i must learn to manage the stress if i look in the mirrors :bike: after some mistakes i found me on 10th and through other mistakes i ended in the points... myabe i paint next time my mirror black :p so much stress i cant handle ^^

very nice event thx for the orga :)

• Andy Marsden

I agree to both parts. If you are leading the pack it can be frustrating if a backmarker don't let you pass. But don't forget, not everyone focus on anything. While very concentrating its easy to overlook a blueflag.

I think the Friendly Development series will be a great opportunity for everyone to learn to drive close and what to do if a fast driver is trying to lap you.

As said, respect each other and get over it :) Its all about fun.

I agree with Ramon, yeah as a backmaker I know I have to move over when being lapped but I try and do it safely, after I have exited a corner not during it. Half the time I pull off the racing line the 'lapper' doesn't seem to realise I am off it and make up their own and starts getting arrogant (thats racing in general and not poking fingers at anyone last night). The only time I remember causing trouble last night was when I recovered from a spin and the flags didnt show until I had been lapped.
I respect the faster drivers and try be polite but sometimes i'm trying to have a back-pack battle and don't really want to loose the guy in front of me because I slow down too much, which i'm sure most, if not all, of you can understand.
People need to calm down a little over stuff like this, yeah its annoying and people should respect each other but at the end of the day its a game and no matter how good (or bad) you do, even in a league, it won't effect your life. So as Ramon said "Respect each over and get over it, its all about fun"
Anyway i'm not going to say anymore on this as its just dragging the past through the mud for no reason.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play