RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, either you love it or you hate it but it's just another track and for many, delivers in many areas.

Once again more drafting on the banks, who said straights were boring?

I had a car that handled well. Let me clarify that, it worked well untill there were new tires on the front and chewed up ones on the rear :).

A good quali lap, as good as my best ever.

Fortune put me up in the front early on but I took a beating while there and was almost happy to have gone off in the hairpin and dribble downfield for some fun racing. A quick pit for two put me ahead of Snr and Damo but with Peter taking off in front of me I knew I would just be trying to hold onto my place. First spin on the worn rears had me tap the armco in T1 and that took about 6kph off my trap speed. With a botched entry to T1 on another lap I put Damo right behind me and it was easy for him to pass on the banking. I worked my a$$ off to stay on his butt. My plan was to wait until the last lap and come out of the draft for a run to the line. On the second to last lap it would have worked perfectly the way we were running but Damo would have gotten me back on the last lap so I waited. It just didn't work out on the last lap :( but it certainly was a great fight to the end!

Next weeks track layout is a bit more normal, there's some really tight stuff in there so watch out :)

Last edited:
Well that was certainly an interesting race!

I got bounced up and down the field it seemed like for the first few laps, but ultimately got up to 4th by the first quarter of the race. With Reggie and Arunas beginning to pull away for 2nd and 3rd, I was thinking I would have to settle for 4th. With a lighting quick pit stop, I some how jumped both of them up to second! :confused:

That last half was nerve racking. At first Arunas began to close on me, but then I began to pull away. It looked like I had 2nd secured, until Arunas stormed right up to me in the last few laps! The "Polite Punk" got by me the last corner for second. Thank you all for the awesome racing and see you guys next week.

I.
Love.
Daytona.

First of all, I want to say Thank You All for voting for my return to the server after my R07 have crashed ;)
Second, it was very intense racing, thanks to Reggie and Nelson. It was like victory to me to finish in 2nd position and grab this position in last corners.
And third. I think I have just discovered my lucky racing plan - start the race from the back of the grid :D

Okay, let's do a lap... wheredoigetoutofpits?! Oh, there, right on. Ooooh, best carousel-ly turn ever? Okay, really nice set of esses, another carousel. Weeeell.. now it's getting a bit more tricky, huh? OHGODTHEREISAHOUSECOMINGATME. Phew, made it. Actually, no - the turn's getting even narrower! Well, we're basically no faster than a turtle, easy set of left-right this way, on for some poweeeer! Aaaah, unexpected right-hander!

What a nice track :D I'm in. Well, I hope. I'll switch to 3G if all else fails (again) ;)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201505):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back