RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I´m in,Dennis.
tom_coronel.jpg

Thank you !

As I hadn't trained this week due to my current internet situation, I was expecting to be as consistent as my connection - and we both delivered ;)

Surprising myself, I got up to a nice pace, and the Egg was a dream to race with - snatched P2 in Quals and... got disconnected in warmup. Oh well.

However, thanks to the two-server setup, I went on to the GTP2 server, got a few more laps in, got a few more disconnects in and was allowed to start in P2 (due to setting the best time in P1 and... randomness, I suppose? :D)

Had a nice start and took the lead for the first lap, until I missed my brake point into T1, went onto the grass and re-joined for a nice midpack battle with Matthias, Dennis and Nelson.
A few laps down, I likely caught Dennis off guard by braking early into T1 and he spun me around - got by both Reggie Snr and Matthias afterwards, again, and brought home P4.
While I was gaining some time on Nelson doing so, it wasn't enough and another missed braking point into T1 didn't help ;)

Thanks for racing everyone, see you around next time - hopefully with a more stable connection :)

Not a lot to say, I chose the Viper which was really really hard to control. I couldn't put a lap together in qualifying, and started seventh. I guess my gearing was great for the start, I felt like I got a jump on everyone. Then quite a few people must have seen something shiny off of turn one and went to investigate :D. Held onto third until the end with an ultra consistent run with zero spins or offs.

Race 2 was a similar story, but this time I was the one who say something shiny out of turn 2 :roflmao:! Luckily, my Viper has booster rockets (Shh, don't tell anyone :whistling:) and I was able to get third which I held until the finish.

R1 had a great start, was in p3 into the first lap, got on the straight, then Nelson's Viper(I want a drugs test on that car:p) went past like a rocket, stayed consistant all race, came home 4th :thumbsup:

R2, started in pole for some reason:unsure:, decent start lost a few places, then flew off at the straight before turn2, carried on last place digging out the laps hoping others would make mistakes, a few did and let me back into a great battle with Dennis, we must have had 5/6 laps great racing, he pulled me along the straights in his draft(was like nascar at the end :)), the Zonda was great in the corners, but straight line speed let it down no matter what I tried with the gear box earlier, anyway, thanks all for some really exciting racing! :thumbsup:

the Zonda was great in the corners, but straight line speed let it down no matter what I tried with the gear box earlier
Yeah, that's the Zonda - a wonderful car to drive (well, apart from the first lap as everything's heating up, but that might be just me), but rather lacking in terms of top speed ;)

THE track, THE cars! Awesome combo that brings both applause and tears. If you competed today, you are now ready for next year, muhahaha! :unsure: but I think we'll use these cars at LeMans also :devilish: so gear up :thumbsup:.

I chose the Egg this time for no good reason but it did have good top peed. With a little tuning it also drove well for me :inlove:, so happy. In quali I got a great draft off someone, no idea who as I was using an FOV of 60 and I couldn't see labels. It gave me a time two seconds faster than my best practice time.

R1: All was good on L1 until I got to T% and lost control of my braking, after waiting for everyone to pass I did the same thing in T1 which led me to increase the volume, for some reason I had lowered it and lost all sounds indicating grip! Fearing the worst but wanting to race I carried on as others faltered, some heading off to the GTP2 server, how well that worked out :thumbsup:. After chasing Damion, to have him off and head to the other server, then catch Snr only to see Arunas just ahead, uh maybe I won't stay and play so I head off in pursuit of Arunas! We picked up Matthias quickly and stayed within drafting distance to the end but no much happened in the last few laps other than some fun, close racing!

R2: Everyone is here but for Morne :(.
I cannot give the same commentary as the racing was just WAY too close, WAY too fast and WAY too much fun overall! Well, that was until I tagged the wall at T5 and lost 5kph on the straights, from that moment on Paul Hurlow and I were locked in a fierce battle with usually only inches between the two of us :geek:. My loss of top speed meant that we were soooo close on top end, there was a draft but no one could get away! It was ridiculous, it was AWESOME :thumbsup:.

Another killer track for next week, hope to see you there!

In quali I got a great draft off someone, no idea who as I was using an FOV of 60 and I couldn't see labels.

Whoops, forgot about that - the file in questions is your PLR file located at SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\Dennis Phelan\Dennis Phelan.PLR (I assume ;)), the line to be changed is

Labels: Height of vehicle labels="0.10000"

(0.1 being the value I'm using at the moment, might wanna try different ones)

That was some great racing! I had lots of fun trying to tame the Dodge Viper. Power sliding very often and a tiny mistake here and there made me bring home P2 in both races.

Reggie Jr just made less (or zero) mistakes, so a well deserved double victory for him.

Especially I enjoyed the great fight with him for the first half of race 1 (worth to watch replay) and the beginning of race 2.

Thx everyone for the nice Event!

Hi all , soz for ducking out last night , just wasnt really enjoying it. Never felt I had any particular control over the car while racing. Also having reviewed the replay , big apology to @Arunas as it looked like I moved outwards and caught you :(.

See you all tonight in something I can actually handle , the mini . :)

Damo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back