RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Brilliant race.

Huge respect to the little pack I found myself in; Michael Hermann, Chris Noble, Dave Gardner, and several others; a showcase of very clever and above all sensible driving from all involved, especially considering the tyre situation.

I was agonising on TS for ages about whether to change my lefts or fronts; I made the wrong call - doh!

• Andrew Evans

** IMPORTANT **

okies fellas... the track doesn't work online - hence your error messages... there's a potential fix, and if that works we'll return here next week... in the meantime enjoy next week right now as we visit Limerock Mountain instead... link in the top post...

apologies for the late change - unfortunately that's the risk with untested add-on tracks... :peace:

server is up and running and tested... lash on!

okay, here goes my take on events...

Qualy-

Had my best qualify ever on this track. Managed to qualify 7. Was a tough field last nite, but real close. My setup was good and I managed to find a good driving line.

Race 1 -
Had a good start, managed to get up to 5th(?) and it was me Corey and Steve fighting down into turn 4. I managed to get inside of Steve and just as I was going to take the inside of 4, got a little bump from Corey (I didn't even see you coming up Corey, was a race incident). That put me into the gravel and down into the back of the field, I managed to gain back some time, but could not get past anyone. Finished somewhere in the back (again...)

Race 2 -

All I saw was that everyone was sliding and stopping, I braked hard, nailed from behind and tried to get out of the way, managed to wind up behind Steve again. Sorry Steve for that bump into T4, I braked way too late to your early brake. I managed to finish 6th. Total points for the nite (3).

All in all, Twas a good nite, thanks for the fun Yves & RD. Looking forward to the next event!

• Mike Lee

Hmm, just had a blast around Macau in the Alfa. I reckon a special prize should go to anyone who finishes the race with front spoiler dam still on the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It a fun track and a testing one.

and managed to get back up to 5th place behind Warren Dawes, who was pinging at 240 I believe. THis made it difficult to get by him cleanly

Keith, was I lagging?
I usually suffer from higher pings, due to the fact that I am in Australia and the server is in The Netherlands. I have been told that despite the higher pings, I don't show lagging in-game. The other cars around me don't normally lag, apart from some exceptions (usually noticed by others as well).

If my higher ping is seen as a problem to others, I will stay out of the events, I don't want to be a problem to others.

• Michael Sharpe

Name on RD forum: Michael Sharpe
Name in game: same
Your Country: UK
Control: Keyboard
Car: Chevrolet Lacetti
Special remarks: prepared to step aside :) hoping to make up for disaster in RDWTCC race here :madgrin:

• Dallas Willms

I recommend that you check the replay. :)

I didn't see anything on the one posted but it seemed to fly by pretty fast, do you mind posting it. If I did hit you I'm really sorry! I would have slowed down/let you by, I just remember coming out of the first corner in awe that somehow I managed to not hit anything/anyone (or so I thought...)

Sorry man!

Keith, was I lagging?
I usually suffer from higher pings, due to the fact that I am in Australia and the server is in The Netherlands. I have been told that despite the higher pings, I don't show lagging in-game. The other cars around me don't normally lag, apart from some exceptions (usually noticed by others as well).

If my higher ping is seen as a problem to others, I will stay out of the events, I don't want to be a problem to others.
I didn't notice any lag from you at any time Warren. Perhaps it was with Keith being in USA pinging to Holland and you pinging to Holland?

On the first lap incident, it WAS Dallas who hit you, but Dallas got away with it. Hitting Warren and Michael?! Tut tut!

I did not realize that we even had contact in race 1 Tim - I went back and looked at my replay and it was a really bizarre incident. It looked like there was very little if any contact, door to door at very slow speeds, and all of a sudden your car shoots off into the gravel like a bomb went off :/

I do not have that add-on, I will look into it...

Keith, was I lagging?

Warren, your lag was hardly noticeable. It is just more difficult to pass cleanly with even a small bit of car movement due to a higher ping.

You ping is not a problem in the least, it almost wasnt worth mentioning. Id love to race with you anytime man, you are a clean solid racer.

Just wanted to clear that up

(Side note- I used to play an MMORPG that was hosted in Australia and my best ping ever was exactly what you were pinging 235)

Keith

• Andrew Evans

server is temporarily down to make way for the stcc explosion that happened this evening... it'll return tomorrow...

and ryan, i have a sneaky suspiscion it wasn't time wasted :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back