RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

After struggling for 2 hours with this track, it suddenly all clicked into place for qualifying. Talk about good timing. First run I set a 2.39.0, 4 tenths down on Keith who had been flying all night and would be hard to beat. I improved to a 2.38.6 but Keith had improved to a 2.38.2 so I was starting P2.

First race was a disaster. I got a half decent start, Michael passed into turn 1 but i retook him in turn 2 and tried to live with Keith. Over the next 4 laps Keith pulled away just under a second a lap while Michael was around 2 seconds behind me always.

Then the first problem. My computer juddered going down the start/finish straight causing me to miss the braking point for turn 1 very badly. That's a damn big gravel trap! I rejoined in 3rd I think with Marcel just behind me. Then later in the lap, my computer did it again, only this time worse, going into the very fast right hander. I had to slow right down and stop until the framerate returned, but I had only a little control of my car due to the framerate - sorry if I caused any problems with people avoiding me.

I was then 9th and of course wanted to get into the top 8 for the second race. I promptly flew off into the gravel trap after the very fast chicane due to pushing way too hard, and was now 7 seconds behind Corey in 8th. I picked up 8th place due to Dallas pitting and hunted down Corey and passed him for 7th into the first corner of the last lap and finished there.

Race 2 was a lot more successful for me. I got a reasonable start, Yves overtook me in the BMW, but then chaos. Yves either downshifted too much or too hard and with it being RWD his BMW couldn't take it and slid sideways across the track. Corey slipped through on the outside and I managed to squeeze between the wall and Yves' car, over the kerb. Unfortunately the rest of the field was caught up in the pile-up, unbeknown to me.

I passed Corey into turn 2 and concentrated on pulling away from the field, posting a couple of 39s, and keeping my eye on the progress of Michael and Keith. Unfortunately Michael received a tap from Dallas into the fast chicane which ended his race and Dallas also went off, allowing Keith into second. However, Keith's car was damaged after turn 1 and after going off on the exit of the corner leading onto the downhill straight fell into a battle with William, allowing me to win easily :)

Shame about the incident in Race 2, it could have been a great battle, with people charging through from further down the grid. Many thanks to RD and Yves for setting this up - it was 5am by the time we were finished :)

• Andrew Evans

thanks man... from what i know this is running on a different server to the usa event last night... chances are this just hasn't been patched yet... it'll get sorted later... soon as there's a development, i'll let y'all know....

• Chad711

Guys sorry I had to pop out on race 2. I was trying to squeeze this into my schedule at last minute and just couldn't finish race 2. Not that it matter as I wasn't really any competition for any one what so ever! :(

Other then that, I need to some practice with these cars. That race was the first time I had ever been in a WTCC car and that track. Wow those cars are a different animal all together from GT pro cars. I can't say I really enjoyed them since I am use to more power better handling. I might continue to try them out but I hope to see more GT Pro race events or WTCC Extreme.

Good job to everyone else, you guys really know how to push these cars around the track.

My first club race I have attended and I had wicked fun.

Qualifying: I loved this track and my setup seemed to be pretty much dead on. First lap nailed a 2:38.56x which I had not seen anyone else in the 2:38.xx's at all. Then suddenly I see Mr Ryan Callan come out of nowhere and nail a 2:38.6xx which had me worried. I proceeeded to try and best my time to ensure I would have pole and managed to run a 2:38.2xx even though I was on route to a 2:37.xx but made some mistakes.

Race #1 - Started pole and got off cleanly, managed to get out front and pace myself running consistent 2:39.xx. Ryan Callan was close by and was not falling off until he made a small error which then left me with MIchael following about 8 secsonds behind. I put down the hammer and drove my hardest each lap pulling away each lap (no fun).

Race #2 - Starting in 8th with some fast guys in front, i had my work cut out for me. On the start i nailed the lights, and managed to put myself into 5th place before T1. In the middle of the track I see Yves go around in front which causes all to check up, including myself. I then had the rest of the field behind me all pushing me forward like a wave when I nailed Yves car. Which did in fact give me damaged suspension. After the melee I was sitting in 9th I believe, and had my work cut out for me. I drove my A$$ off the rest of the first lap and managed to get back up to 5th place behind Warren Dawes, who was pinging at 240 I believe. THis made it difficult to get by him cleanly but I did so on lap 2 and then started to hunt down Dallas and Michael. When I got close enough I noticed these two were literally nose to tail and that cost them entering the high speed S bend when William got on his braking point and Dallas had no time to react causing a nudge/spin incident. This put me in second attempting to catch Ryan Callan, who was literally on fire. WIth the damaged car I could not run faster then 2:40.8 which was not going to get me caught up to Ryan. I was then goofing off a bit and made a mistake/waited for Michael so I didnt have to run another 6 laps by myself. And we had a wicked battle which I barely managed to win, this was only due to Michael making a few small mistakes on the last lap.

All in all I had a WICKED time. I was thinking of hosting a public event at this track with the GT Pro cars. I have a decent connection good for 13-15 people with no lag, and would gladly set it up if there was enough interest.

Good racing with you all and thanks RD and Yves for the fun.

Keith

• Andrew Evans

yep - as soon as you leave the garage you have one outlap, one hotlap and one in lap.... it won't let you run again in the qualifying session after that... one shot at death or glory, man!

edit: oh - and also you're alone on the track - no other cars

Race 2: Started P1 and thankfully avoided all the chaos in turn 1. I believe it was Keith who passed me quickly on lap 1 and seemed to check out.

That was me! :D

I was then goofing off a bit and made a mistake/waited for Michael so I didnt have to run another 6 laps by myself. And we had a wicked battle which I barely managed to win, this was only due to Michael making a few small mistakes on the last lap.

Wasn't it Willi you were fighting? :)

Beam me up Scotty - I will have to check on shifts for work, I'll confirm for certain on Friday :).

Name on RD forum: Ryan Callan
Name in game:
Ryan Callan
Your Country: England
Control: X360 Pad
Car: Vectra
Special remarks: ***will step aside.

There was a server named RD mini #1, but i can't join it because "incompatible version" (i have updated my game to the 1.1.1.20 patch)
yip same error message here, if the server was not updated to 1.1.1.20 then you get a message telling you that it is running version whatever but this just shows "incompatible version" hope it is not going to be a problem with lots of addon tracks since the update

• Dallas Willms

Ya I'm fairly certain that wasn't me nudging you on the first corner, I was the Seat racing on the very inside line, I was in P11 to start the race and came out of turn on in P3 I think, and don't remember any bumps?

Anyway my races (I don't remember them all but I'll give it a shot):
Race 1:
Qualifying went alright, I had a smoking lap right at the end that could have shaved a half a second off and put me up a place or two, but timing ended just as I was approaching the S-Bend, so oh well on that one.
Anyway the race, from what I remember, I came out of turn one decently, was up running P3 or P4 I think? I was catching whoever was in front of me (Monroe Honda IIRC) and into that sweeping left hander at the top of the hill I went for a pass since I had a lot more speed going down the straight, but I was an idiot and went WAY wide since I was to the right of him, this started the downward spiral!
After that I was catching someone else up and into the S bend and they started sliding so I had to avoid them, and I went ramping through the gravel and broke something. From there I was having major problems going into the S bend like I was before, and ended up cutting the last curb on it twice, leading to a black flag, which lead to frustration, and speeding in the pits, and another black flag, and cutting the s-bend again, and another black flag! Thankfully I was all alone at this point nearly 2 min back.

Race 2: Started P11 due to horrible Race 1, but came out of turn one in P3 by sticking to the inside line and NARROWLY missing the spinning BMW. After this I was racing scrappily and Michael caught up. I was faster then him in parts but he was faster in others, and we were pretty close at that point time wise, one of the major times I would pull away was going in to the S bend, but he would pull back up to me hard going into the turn after the S bend, which lead to trouble later on. Anyway, he passed me early in the lap, but I kept on his tail and could nearly pass in the straights, and coming into the S bend I was right on his tail. I knew he was slower going in so I was basically coasting in, but he was MUCH slower than I even thought, and I managed to tap him into a spin (Sorry!) I then was trying to look back into my mirror to let him pass back, and missed the corner coming out of the turn, and then he told me he wrecked so I proceded racing. I ended up catching up to Yves and someone else who were having a decent battle, but somewhere I offed it again and wrecked my suspension, and was so angry that I didn't want to battle with it for 15 more min.

Sorry again Michael for the tap! That wast just me being stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes