RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Congratulations Eric, now your life will be busy.

I am not racing the Mini event, but maybe I'll see you for the Oceania event at Macau. That track is a real challenge, but if you just aim to finish there you will do ok.

Thanks Warren. I will be at Macau just for the experience as I have never been to that track before (and it looks pretty though). I just want to finish:)

We also should leave the hospital tomorrow, hopefully I should have some time to practice:)

My funnest race ever at RD,
Was 3rd in qualy, but a mistake sent me back to eighth I think. Then I had a great time with Yves passing folks and battling for positioin, simply awesome fun.

Second race started with turn 1 carnage and I was able to work my way up to 3rd, then second. It turned out Keith was just toying with me though, as he took second back on the last lap. Third overall, great fun.

Thanks Yves for setting it up, and lap after lap of excitment. Sorry to all who had a bad race - give it another chance.

Grats to Keith and Ryan on their race wins.

Good to see the numbers increasing steadily for the USA Group. Another nice high speed flowing track promised some good open racing.
I decided to try the Alfa for something different.
Qualified in the middle P8.
Race 1: Quite an enjoyable race, seemed very clean, and I enjoyed a race long battle behind Marcel (again). I did my best to make him earn the podium spot, but in the end he had slightly longer legs. I finished a creditible P4 in my Alfa.

Race 2: Can't say it was totally enjoyable. The dreaded turn 1, lap1, melee set the scene for many of us. I saw Yves getting wobbly entering turn 1 up front, so eased off to keep everything clean. Unfortunately, Dallas charged into the back of me hard, sending me careering into the pack in front, where I became a pinball, getting hit repeatedly and badly damaging the car. This accident also took out many other cars. Pity people can't show some basic caution in lap 1. :nono:
The poor old Alfa was a nightmare to drive for the whole race, down on top end speed, and very difficult to handle. Keith gave me a few "love taps" before becoming the first of a few cars to drive straight past my Alfa down the straights.
Cory and I then had a great "battle of the Alfas", he was quicker but a couple of small mistakes kept letting me get back in front. Only problem was Cory was lagging badly at times, and I had a few heart attacks as his ghost jumped behind and back in front a few times. On lap 8, I was desperately trying to hold Cory off for P4 with a rather sick car, and spun off in the high speed chicane. Eventually finished P8, just behind Yves.

I enjoyed some nice racing, but I really wish we could get some sanity into the opening lap. :pray:

• Andrew Evans

geezers geezers... we now have a server open for testing, so, as ever, since it's an add-on track we've yet to run, any and all testing feedback welcomed... chairs!

Sorry for holding you up from unlapping yourself Peter - I was all over the place lol. And once you passed me, you went flying off anyway! It was like you wanted to be behind me!

A very tough race. Very lonely in general, not a huge amount of dicing. More hard work after the pitstops. I'll do my race report later - 4th place for me after throwing away 3rd on the last lap :(

No problem:) I wasn't so much faster than you and I was very careful, not wanted to ruin your race! When I passed you, I tried to push a little more, and it was too much.

After my second pit stop, the guy in front of me had a 30 sec advantage, but I was a lot faster (about 2-4 sec/lap) and tried to catch him, but it was too much. Good race anyways!:)

• Steve Perryman

Name on RD forum: Steve Perryman
Name in game:
Steve Perryman
Your Country: QLD Australia
Control: Logitech G25
Car: Seat
Special remarks: At least there is no F1 this weekend to get in the way.

Andrew

I just tried to go on the server to check for Friday and it says I have an incompatible game version, I am definitely updated to 1.1.1.20 version, says so in bottom left of main screen along with Crown Plaza, and I had no hassle getting onto the US Road One server yesterday afternoon.

Sam

what a event :) thank you Yves for setting it up

i came on the server like a zombi totaly brain death at 3:40 am was not much expecting
so i did a half assed qualy lap at least it was feeling half assed
as i was watching timings i saw its enough for place 3 on the grid what was realy suprising
but least not long then Yves pushed me to place 4, so i got back on track still feeling like a zombi i got my 3rd place back but i was knowing there is a low 2.39 or even a 2.38 in me so i tryed again but borked up last sector with -1.135 sec of my time
while i was trying to get a better time William pushed his honda up to place 3 on grid and left me with a 4th place :)

race1*

got a not that good start but the beemer behind me seams to had one cuz i got a friendly tab from Yves in his Fosters BMW no damage taken and i could go on
from then it was one of the verry best races i had at RD
i was chasing William for 3rd after a few lap i was right into his exhaust and set a move on the long start finish line braking on the fightline at verry latest point
but William was trying to defend with even later braking
now i was already way to far to back up so i was trying to hold my line and let him much room as possible
knowing he will have a realy hard time to get the honda around turne 1 on the outside line
and if i saw right he lost his rear ( sorry William to let you die on the outside :( i should have forseen that you dont give up spot 3 without fighting)
now having Ryan in front of me and a verry hot Dallas behind me i put the head down
to get Ryan constantly checking my mirror what Dallas is doing comming up to turne 4
Dallas was trying to set a move on me i braked as late as i could to still get the corner
knowing Dallas will set the move on me anyways
and as i expected he tryed to out brake me, with that move he basicly out braked him self now i had a comfortable gab to Marcel and Ryan still in view
i pushed all out of my death brain and was chasing Ryan down with a cuple of qualy laps :)
as i closed the gab to under 1.5 secs ryan made a capital error misbraking turne one
and of he was into the kitty litter now on place 2 6 secs behind Keith and 4 secs infront of Marcel
it takes me not long to understand that there is noway to close the gab to Keith he was driving like someone from outerspace
but i was still pushing to rise the gab to Marcel what worked quite well at one point i was 8 secs in front of him but from lap 6 my tyers startet to get down and i lost a big % of my grip so i had to slow down
but cuz of the change in my rythem i hit the kitty litter in that fast dubble left hander at last sector
came out with only 3 secs gab left to Marcel who was now pushing, i managed even my tyers where shot to raise the gab again up to 4 secs befor i made in the last lap the same error at the same turne again
now i came out of the gravel with only 1.xxx secs but could finaly save 2nd over the line even it was close
Great race guys it was worth it to stay up the whole night :)

race2*

got a good start and sloted in behind Marcel he lead me pretty well throug the field
Warren realy early on the brakes got past left and right by us Marcel was going for the outside of turne one while i stayed close to the curb, and then the carnage begun
Yves in his Beemer spun it and i just panik breaked to avoid him but noway to not hit him i was just to fast and to close, my panik breaking probaly gave all behind me a weeeee moment ( i am realy sorry guys but i had to break like that or i would have T-Boned Yves near flat out) then i got a verry bad hit in my back, what pushed me throug Yves, and Dallas passed me outside.
i was trying near everything to get past Dallas and i was more then 1 time so close to him that you would't be able to stick a stamp betwine us
after a few laps trying hard to get past Dallas, Keith closed up on us and i was knowing now i have to get past Dallas or Keith will just eat me for breakfast
coming down to turne 1 Dallas was sliding the seat around the corner as i was doing with the honda must be funy to see for Keith :)
i got that drift way better handelt that gave me the change to go past Dallas at turne 2 from then i could watch Dallas and Keith fighting it out but then i did a mistake
i saw Keith set a move on Dallas i changed line to infront of Dallas cuz i was thinking i could easy hold him but would get probs to hold Keith knowing his speed from race one
oh well that was a big big mistake coming down to that fast 5th gear zigzag i got a light tab wich send me strait into the tyerwall Dallas slowed down to wait but my car
was totaly wrecked the weel was more as 45° of center so i decided to pop out and watch the race, was verry funy to watch William who was flying with the honda

Great race all
and sorry again to all who i have distracted with my panik braking i realy feel like i was the main factor who coused the trubble in race 2 turne 1

Turned out to be a reasonably productive evening for me - (better than expected at least) Came into the race evening battling some kind of cold virus which left me a bit woozy, and it did not help me in my quest to attain any sort of comfort level with the Alfa on this fast, sweeping track.

QUAL: P12 as I never could seem to get under 2:42 - 1 turn tormented me all night.

RACE 1: I had a reasonable start and gained a position or 2 approaching turn 1, and settled in around P10 for the start. Steve and I then had a nice battle for several laps until he got tagged from behind I believe and fell back. I was stuck around P7 or P8 for the majority of the race trying to chase to William and Yves. While that was going on all of a sudden Ryan appeared in my rearview out of nowhere and came up charging hard. By lap 8 my tires were shot due to some hard driving in the middle laps and somewhere around this point I took my first of 3 dooming off-road excursions at the entrance to the fast sweeper after the chicane. Ryan gladly passed me and I finished P8.

Race 2: Started P1 and thankfully avoided all the chaos in turn 1. I believe it was Keith who passed me quickly on lap 1 and seemed to check out. I stayed in P2 for a lap or so, until again, I went off-roading at that blasted entrance to the sweeper. Fell back to mid pack and had to make a charge forward with some suspension issues. Eventually I caught up to Warren and he and I had quite a fight for several laps for P4. Sorry if I was lagging at times, I never showed any signs of lag on my screen - but I know how nerve racking it can be to be around a lagging car. Something was lost in translation between the US and Australia I guess :) I ended up catching a break when Warren lost the rear end (I think at that infamous sweeper entrance as well) and I thought it was smooth sailing to P4. Gaynall had other ideas. Again my tires started to fade around lap 9 and I was trying hard to keep my speed up while still facing forward. Alas, I pushed to hard into, you guessed it, the sweeper - and slid through the grass watching Gaynall cruise past. Had to settle for P5 finish.

Great races to everyone and see you next week! Tell your friends to join up - let's fill these race grids up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes