RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

wow! did enjoy this race. Eau rouge... what a corner! i would love to do that in real life! :) with out the clip of the barrier i managed about 20mins in. looks like i ripped the rear bumper off at this incident - probably explains the poor handling i was experiencing from then on in. really enjoyed it though.

What were peoples top speeds btw?

without a draft the best i hit was exit of eau rouge with 115mph (185kph) and hit 133mph(214kph) before hitting the brakes at the top of the hill.

Laugh of it all was my son still on my knee waving his arms about, poking at my face, grabbing the wheel, pressing buttons and trying to change gears randomly, and shouting "crash!" at the worst possible moment ... its the ultimate in concentration training :cool:

Yup... done this with my 2 year old and 5 year old... very challenging :D

Maybe we can let Lee have a special driving aid, twin brake pedals that way he might not use the back & side of my car to slow himself down :thumb:

Ouch!! someone take that knife out of my back eh :fencing:
In my defence mi lord, I had no problems "duelling" very hard and nose-to-tail with Karoly for ~20 mins in the race without once hitting him ... :cool:

Maybe you could send me the specifications of that "random brake test feature" that is installed on your mini Grant, so that next time out I can better anticipate it :p

What were peoples top speeds btw?

without a draft the best i hit was exit of eau rouge with 115mph (185kph) and hit 133mph(214kph) before hitting the brakes at the top of the hill.

At the pit lane exit at top of Eau Rouge I was at 184km/h, but you were 10k's faster at the top of the hill ... was topping out in the race at 204/205kmh without a draft. Driving Michael's setup/gearing yesterday I still only got to 209km/h :confused:

BTW: Was amusing watching you two doing your ice-skating impressions near "Blanchimont" at ~190kmh :pound:

Attachments

• grant and keith minis 1280.jpg
    grant and keith minis 1280.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 205
Hi,

Race 1: Sorry to Rhys Gardiner for the last corner first lap, I should of waited to try and overtake you on the straight, sorry about that.

Race 2: Sorry to Wally Masterson and Michael Herrmann, I left my braking to late.

Other then that I had a not bad races.
Thanks to RaceDepartment for setting it up

Race 1, I got caught in the dust and smoke and chaos of cars spinning in front of me, and in the aftermath, my steering was ruined - so that turning the wheel hardly turned the car. So I limped around the track and pitted for repairs and then tried to stay out of everyone's way when I was a lap down (but got a PB on the way :) ).

Race 2, nothing much to say... had some fun between Andrew Dawes and Ian Beech (I think) in front for a while. But ultimately just circulated around pretty lonely to finish 11th.

Well done to the winners, way out in front somewhere :)

I'll do my report later, but I need to get an apology in quickly, because I didn't know who I hit in Race 2. The replay has revealed all.

Very sorry to Cam, I tapped you in lap 1 of Race 2. I realised I was coming into the turn much quicker than you and braked as hard as I could, unfortunately locking up a bit, so I then pulled to the inside to make sure I missed you, but unfortunately you closed the door on me quickly just as I bounced the curb. It was just the slightest of taps, but the consequences were great, as you bounced off in a massive way. Really sorry, I'm amazed such a slight tap could result in that, really weird.

Anyway, I hung my head in shame and waited for everyone to pass and dropped to last for my punishment. :redface: (well all except for Michael who refused to pass me so we both sat there endlessly waiting for each other).
Again, very sorry Cam.

Race 1:
Well a driver missed the start and a few drivers were able to sweve around him but the was a bit a an accident that caused a a major pile up at the rear, Thought Id be safe taking the inside line but found I had no where to go but toswap paint with Maciek then got punted into Wally (sorry wally). Had a suspebtion and punture but managed to limp myway round to the pits. By the time all the damage was fixed I had been laped by the major part of the field but was able to rejoin a healthy 19th. So setteled down and got on with it witha bit of luck managed to up the anti to 18th and finished the race not bad really.

Race 2:

Well got a good start T1 was busy so slowed down for the field t2 was just as hecktic. T3 was alot better field has spread out alittle came out of t3 abit faster than some but gave Wally a boost (Have it in for wally). Got given a kiss of someone and carried on t4 saw Wally being putted into a spin but manged to stay out of his way and jump upto 15th. started poushing up the field and was having quite a scrap over 11th place manged to squeeze by on the dtart finsh stright but then got overzellous by t4 and over cooked it. Lost from Areo thought I could contine but half way round reliased there was no chance of holding it. So whent tfor the pit. Really lossed some places pitting but needs were a must. Coming out of the pit I managed to pick up the front 5 so it wasn't that bad.

All in all it was a good race a few bumps and scrapes I could have done without but hey its only a game, and really I had a great time.

• Stirb Iuliu

No problems, I actually saw you in the mirrors, coming into turn 1 like a rocket, and knew it would be trouble, so I headed to the outside as much as I could, but when you bailed out inside on the grass, you just had to hang on for the ride then. It happens Stirb, no problems.

I knew I was going to brake later than Marcel vd Aa, but I had the situation under control.
Than I've seen your Honda, on the interior, I've panicked, locked the wheels, and went on the grass.

It was still under control, when I've bailed out, I still don't understand how a small contact sent you off road.
Watching the replay I've realised I was also "helped" by Marcel who bumped me exact in the same moment :)

Hi,

Race 1: Sorry to Rhys Gardiner for the last corner first lap, I should of waited to try and overtake you on the straight, sorry about that.

No worries Garry, the reason I was driving so badly was because the force feedback on my wheel died temporarily... again, no need to apologise. :thumb:

Ironically, my force feedback went awry right at the start of race 1. I had to retire for fear of causing more problems for the others. I settled back to watch some stunning driving from Michael Stead, Mtommi Tam and Stirb Iuliu (who had built up a magnificent lead) when suddenly the server started lagging terribly. Fearing that something had gone very wrong, I left the game. I then found that my FFB was back to normal... :p

Overall, not as good as I would have liked due to "mitigating circumstances" (stupid wheel...) and I hope for a better race next time.

• Andrew Dawes

Q11

Race 1: Panic on the start grid as my pc went back to desktop while awaiting 3 to start. Managed to get the race back on screen with about 5 seconds before go. Bad start. I was a victim (as with much of the field) from the chaos of the BMW that stalled at the front. Broken suspension and finished last runner on lead lap to cross the line (16th). Only high point was a huge recovery with massive opposite lock on T3 lap 3...thought i was gone for all money.

Race 2: Good Start. Took 2 off the line, just avoided the BMW which became a new chicane between T1 & T2. Got cleaned up at T3 but replay suggests i was a little early on the brakes. Had a great race with Wally M, covering his mirrors for 3 laps while he dealt with a few in front. Just when all in front had dropped off the track the eventual happened and i just clipped him into the final corner, surprised a minor scrape caused such a huge off. Sorry mate, really was enjoying that and kicked myself for the error. (12th)

Race 1: Got caught in the start grid chaos resulting in car off the ground but luckily only suspension damaged occured LOL, race was pretty uneventfull after that other then being presed big time by Dieter on the last lap but managed to hold him off just :) and got P14

Race 2: Faired better in this one and came home in P8 was being pushed by Jarrod for 2 laps and he got past but then lost it so i got the place back :) then got slaughtered by Gunthar & Warren, but Gunthar went off and gifted me a spot back on the 11th lap then was being pushed hard by Steve but managed to hold him off till the end :)

I have to say it was very clean racing and was not bumped once by any of the guys who overtook me :)

I had to attach some screnshots of the starting grid chaos :thumb:

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2008-09-21 13-06-58-62.jpg
    Race_Steam 2008-09-21 13-06-58-62.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 165
  • Race_Steam 2008-09-21 13-07-03-14.jpg
    Race_Steam 2008-09-21 13-07-03-14.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Race_Steam 2008-09-21 13-10-03-01.jpg
    Race_Steam 2008-09-21 13-10-03-01.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Race_Steam 2008-09-21 13-11-44-17.jpg