RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hey Ian,

I have done a short video of you in the pile up at the start just uploading at the moment so will drop the link here when done.

It is nothing special but just shows the crash from a few angles and will be in quicktime format to keep the filesize down, the whole race would require editing which i just dont have the experience or time for to be honest :)

Hope this is off some help ?

• Gabor Feher

horrible evening "-_-

i had a fault at quali so i've been starting from 10th... BUT ! i missed the start ( because of piss ... etc :D )
second race was better, i started from 22th, overtake overtake engineblow etc etc whoaaaah im in 12th position and then .... 2 stopngos in 1 lap :( the wall stopped my car . :D
gn all !

Quali went good, far away from my best time here but still pole. Race 1 without any problems, 1st.

Now the drama begins, lol. Race2, standing start, and my foot slipped of the clutch when the lights went off :( lost a few places already but managed to get back to 4th or something, but during the fights i got too many cut warnings. When fighting and drving 2 or 3 wide it sometimes is impossible to stay within the cut limits. For quali and practice it's ok but when racing it's quite not. Eventually I got DQ'd, tho I came in every lap for a s&g, lol:)

I went a bit to slow in quali, because I was really scared that I would cut a corner :) I qualified in 5th.
1st race I had a nice battle at the end with Henrik for 2nd position.
2nd race started 6th and because of some incidents in front of me, I came in 1st position. But after 5 laps I already had 2 warnings, so I drove very carefully not to get a stop&go. Henrik came closer and closer, and in the last lap he passed me.

Grats to Sander and Henrik for winning the races, and thanks to RD for another nice event :thumb:

I was very fast in Qualify, maybe one of the fastest in the server. But while cutting the track you can't obviously be in front :)
So I decided to start from 24th.......uh, the game decided for me LOL

Rolling start is a complete bullshit in this game. The guys in the back (like me) can throttle earlier then the top guys. Also the gears are totally wrong. So I got a 'jumpstart' bonus from the game and I knew I had to shift down quickly to avoid stall and passed half the field already before T1.

The rest of the race was just stable driving and passing a few guys. The rest nudged them self off track :) or gave up. So I finished very surprisingly in 6th position.

Race 2 was even more funny. Was in 2nd position before T1 and good not hold it too long, but just at the last chicane 2 guys decided to let me by. Many thanks :)
But then at the chicane Tim came from nowhere and nudged me off track, luckily I could quickly rejoin and next thing I saw was Tim blow up his engine?? (what happened?)
I was in 2nd with Patrick in front and could hold it for a while until Henrik was closing in fast.
My intention was to make it not too hard for him and focus on a Top 4 position (because Sander would have come also).
Just when Henrik passed and Sander was closing in fast he made a mistake or something, suddenly he was off and I could just hold it to the finish still within 5 seconds from the leaders.

Great racing guys.

PS. I have promoted Marcel vd AA to Premium member. The guy is dedicated and already a very good and fair driver. Well done!

Afternoon practice:
Practiced this afternoon with Ramon and did amazing laptimes after intense amount of laps: 1.58.4xx at the end of the afternoon. New setup felt great, stable and lighting fast :D (ready for the race night)

Qualification:
The test with the superpole was amazing. I felt my heartbeat all over my body, being scared to make that fatal mistake :) 8th on the grid, happy

Race 1:
Very very buggy rolling start losing like six places before we crossed the startline. The first laps were ok but after lap four i got strange lockups that i didnt have during the afternoon practice, and it got worse and worse and worse. I thought that when Chris N tapped me the suspension must been broken or something. It was like driving on ice untill the finish line. Laptimes didnt came under 2.04 during the entire race :)tape2:). When the race was finished i rushed to the setup menu and it scared the poop out of me. All tyres were below 60 degrees celsius after 11 laps (bug?) and that explained why i lost grip during the race more and more. Engine temperature didnt even reach 70 degrees.

Race 2:
See race 1: bugged with no temperature in the engine and tyres: again iceracing for 11 laps.

Overall impression:
Thanks to backup Simon Bacon we finally had a full grid of diverse cars, and that was really great to see. Qualy was awesome and the podium finishers are aliens :pound:

Thanks guys!:thumb:

PS. I have promoted Marcel vd AA to Premium member. The guy is dedicated and already a very good and fair driver. Well done!

Fully agree with this. Marcel you are a true addition to the racing club. Congrats :thumb:

Well, qualy didn't go too well.
Somehow the track doesn't suit me.
Qualified 19th so that made me not so happy.
But i must say that the qualy mode we did is cool ( 1 hotlap, all or nothing)

But in the first race i noticed the race pace was much more in my league so i managed to overtake a few people and finally finished 12th.
Second race same story, started 12th and finished 8th.
So all by all very nice race night.

Special thanks to bram for setting it up...
See you guys on the next full field event.

Thank you Bram & Ramon for promoting me, i couldn't wish for a greater compliment.
Cheers

• Andrew Evans

superpole was excellent! i managed to completely kill my practice time with the added pressure... moar plox! :thumb:

races were the usual catastrophe... i can't seem to control tyre degradation and end up skating around after 5 or 6 laps... got rear ended off in race 2 as we bunched up after tims little explosion... then had a nice lap or so against mr bacon before nerfing him off at the hairpin... waited up about 15 seconds but he didn't move.. assumed it was a retirement and carried on, only to see him reappear on the timing screens next lap... so hung back and let him thru - apologies simon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back