RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Look at that sexy Lime green Seat ...

Some More Pics:

Attachments

• Flyer1.jpg
    Flyer1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Flyer2.jpg
    Flyer2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 181
Qualy: Did a 1:44.415 but was close to quit as it was not going round for me.

Race 1: Start...something you need to watch :) (Grant posted the pic already),interesting enough, I survived WITHOUT damage :D, but last. Ian I guess was underestimating a little bit the force of his BMW :p. But after lap 1 I was already on 16 (based on the others making driving mistakes). Then I was folling Grant with shrinking distance between us, Jarrod, who got lapped by us all, behind me, but being faster, overtaking me after a braking mistake in the last turn. So catching up with Grant, got closer and closer, but unfortunately I was making some mistakes so he always managed to escape again. My first and only chance came on the last 2 turns of the race, but did not get him ;-), nice Race! Got 15th.

Race 2: Did not make turn 1, hit Mike who was already in the gravel (hope did not damage you), got hit by somebody else...got a suspension problem. Gained and lossed positions because of mistakes of others and myself, include myself turning on the roof again and coming back. Than I was chasing a couple of cars in changing positions, when I came close I had Ian in front of me and actually tried a little dangerous overtaking manouver in Rd 7 (see pic). It was actually in turn 1, I was away from the race line but in front, as I was away from the race line I had to braking more than Ian which made him hit me, which he though it was his mistake (reply pos 800), so he waited for me. Interesting one, to be honest, I don't know whether this was an appropriate manouver. Maybe one of the experienced guys can tell me, in case not, I am really sorry!
All in all not a round race for me, many mistakes on my end, including going once off in the last turn, pressing the button for 'look left' to check whether I can enter and wondering why my car looks not straight, nearly pressing the escape button as I thought car is broken, but for pressing the escape button I had to release the 'look left' button, than I realized what was wrong :pound:.

Attachments

• Race2_Overtaking.jpg
    Race2_Overtaking.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Race1_Start4.jpg
    Race1_Start4.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 163
Race Report:

That was a lot of fun, pretty eventful fun though.
I was happy with my pace in the Honda, I'm getting to like this car a lot.
Qualified P4, and very happy with the time, although again I was getting my best times with full fuel.

Race 1: I was right behind Karoly's BMW and expected him to blast away from the line. But he just stayed there :eek: . Somehow I avoided him but looks like I was one of the lucky ones. I survived lap 1 which is a first for me at Valencia, and was nicely placed at P4, until about lap 2 I touched the grass edge into the last turn, whoops, off into the wilderness. :doh: Recovered in about P8 ish I think, and set off after the guys in front. Picked up some spots, had a great dice with Michael Stead, and finished P5.

Race 2: Much more eventful. Got a good start and jumped to P3, but coming into turn 2, my mirrors were full of Stirb charging towards me like a rocket. Went wide and prayed he would miss, but he managed to tap me off into the sand. Then it was my turn to stuff up. Turn 4 I tapped Cam (as explained earlier) :redface:. Stopped and waited till last but Michael was doing the same, so eventually we both decided to start racing again. From this point I had a great race picking up spots regularly (some were gifted). Had a huge long battle with Gunthar, both of us menacing Grant Powell for a while. What a battle Gunthar and I had, I was quicker into the turns but I couldn't time a pass on him because he had good drive out of the turns. I eventuall sneaked inside when he went wide (hope it was a clean pass) and pulled away. Caught Grant Waterman over the last few laps but couldn't quite get a pass on him though. Finished P7 which was great considering I came from second last.

Thanks again to all who raced, another great turnout with an almost full grid. :thumb:

praccy*
was still sleepy but after thousends of laps at valencia for the League race early this year i was well prepared ;D *Attis setups just rule the world ;D*

qualy*
managed to do a new pb with 1.42.xxx wich set me on place 4 of the grid

race*

i got a bad start and stalled it nearly seeing in the mirrow David coming up fast so i decided to run wide in turne 1 to let him room to survive anyway we both gained 1 spot so now running 2-3 chasing Stirb wo was running in a other league
with warren behind me putting pressure on me i had only one change to flee up in front
David infront had a verry tailhappy seat so i had the change to get him after turne 1
then Mtommi got past David too and closed the small gab to me realy fast
so i already prepared to defend as long as possible but after a few laps i made a mistake at the last corner
so Mtommi got past me but made directly after turne 1 an mistake so i could catch him again :)
this game happens several times over the race *Kudos to Mtommi for beeing always fair and clean*
i managed to keep him behind me till the finish line, but the last 3 laps are my hardest laps ever i was totaly exhaust after the first race
never through i could finish 2nd in this quality field

*race 2
starting from 7th 2 beemers in my neck Grant.W and Stirb no suprise they got me easy :) now in the field i tryed to stay clean but in turne 1 a chevy came up the inside
could not hold the line and gave me a little tab
not a realy prob since i was awaiting some bumbs in turne 1 now trying to stick to the front group
my eyes nearly hit the front window as there was Stirb's BMW in the middel of the road right after turne 2 i realy luckily avoided a heavy crash
after turne 3 it seams all settlet.... mistake cuz of the wide line in turne 3 i came way faster ass usual up to turne 4 and then was there this honda
early on the brakes i realy tryed to avoid the contact but going under brakes to the inside worked not out well i hited Andrew realy badly on the right rear end *realy sorry Andrew* i then waited till Andrew rejoined while doing so i got a bad hit in my rear
*dont know who it was but realy sorry i should have driven of in the gravel to wait*
now 2nd last i tryed all to get back in contact with the field
came up again on Andrew at middle of the race running 12th and 13th he made a mistake in the last corner and i got past him
made some errors so he could get me again from then i decided to stay just behind him
till the finish

8points 3rd overall more as i have realy expected
ty for all who was there at the race
ty to the aussis who let us race with them
and finaly ty to RD for setting it up

Race 1.
Qualified 12th, but in first it didn't matter how did you qualify, but how could you avoid the crash at grid. I did preety well, with suspension broken, and till then I was racing with one light switched on, and second just hanging out of bumper. At T1 was about 10th, hoping just to reach the finish, but after half of race i realized that gap beetwen driver in front of me was fast dimishing. There were two drivers Günthar in Lacetti and Cam in Seat. Had great fight with Cam and finally overtook him, and was preparing to overtake Günthar, but at last corner I was concentrated to stay as close to his Lacetti as possible I didn't see that Cam already started overtaking me. I only touched his car, but it was enough, and he went on the sand(sorry for that). Decided to play fair and wait for him, so finally finished 13.

Race 2.
That was a piece of good work. The key to succes was not making mistakes which some of drivers did. So I managed to reach 5th position. Then I had a perfect "duel" with Marcel. Still changing our places. But after some laps I saw that Stirb's BMW was chasing us. At the T2 he locked his wheels flew at left of Marcel and hit my alfa in side. I went on sand, but even though it wasn't Marcel's fault he waited for me, and let me overtake him(respect mate). I finished 4th which I think is great result taking in consideration that I started 13th. :)
Thanks mates I really enjoyed this morning at sunny Valencia

Today is Sunday,this race on my place ( macau ) is evening 19:00 start on race 1

Qualify: pos 7 start,

Race 1: good start,fair and clean,after,challenge Warren Dawes accord,and him have mistake,so,pass,and then challenge David Lemon,last is challenge Michael Herrmann,This race very nice,Good feel,I want follow in 0.15-0.2,but,the network i can not sure is ok,so,keep the 0.3 is safety,race 1,i can not pass you Michael Herrmann,:thumb:

Race 2: Good feel for David Lemon more lap,and then is challenge the E90 Neil Gardner,follow him more lap,after,i think his car no tire,so,mistake,and then pass him,last is challenge myself more lap,because me and in front of the Alfa Michael Stead have 6 sec,so,i need every lap fast,last lap,i can see his car behind,but,no opportunity pass him,so,follow him to finish,nice race on race 2,good feel :thumb:

See all to next race,:thumb:

Well what can i say about race1 pic tell a story!! :) :) but all in all great clean racing all thanks.

p.s

Any one make me a movie of this race so i can put it on my ipod to show all.

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 211
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 203
  • pic3.JPG
    pic3.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 191
  • pic4.JPG
    pic4.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 191
  • pic5.JPG
    pic5.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 233
  • Andrew Evans

** SIGN-UPS CLOSED, FIELD IS FULL, RESERVE SLOTS TAKEN **

maik and maciek, you're on the reserve list - obv, you can't specifiy a car for that since you'll just slot in where we have gaps!...

WTCC 2006/07 @ Valencia, Sunday 21st September 2008

Can any one do me a movie of today's race please as the start was great to look at and i would like to drop it on my ipod to show others how much fun you can have playing racing games.

hope this is in the right place.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back