RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Mixed emotions for me at this, my first GTR Evo event :)

Race 1, qualified 12th, finished 10th. Largely uneventful, apart from the start, where I made it up to 6th but then small errors during the race cost me positions. Happy with the result, couldn't really expect much more for my first race

Race 2, starting in 10th, got an average start, came round turn 1 to find a porsche in the air, it landed right in front of me, cars either side, I had nowhere to go :( Massive damage, had to pit for repairs, when I left the pit still had some damage and was massively slow, no chance of catching anyone. So trundled my way to 18th, 1 lap down.

Neil, I agree with Ries, I don't think the standard of driving was bad at all. A backmarker cost me a position in race 1, but that was due to where I met him on track. I think the issue here was off-camber corners and crests, particularly T1, which is very hard to get right, as you have a crest right in the middle of a heavy braking zone, which unsettles the car, which I think is why we saw T1 crashes in both races.

I'll certainly be back for more in 2 weeks (not next week, I am on holiday) as I had a massive amount of fun in these cars :)

Here's what turn 1, race 2 looked like in my car

Race1: First of all i want to apologize to Ronny Rooj and Nigel Middleton.
4.gif
After i go out first corner from P2 i drove like i´m in front. So i had too less regard to the other cars which result in push off to Rnnny and Nigel. That was really stupid driving, i´m sorry.
Was waiting but sure that bring there race not back. In replay i notice also as i wait vor Nigel i confound him with his brother in the same car, so if you are wondering. I´m really
3.gif
about this first race. Then i came better into racing and finish finally 7th.

Race2: Start again from P2 but this time without go off and already slip trought first corner to P1. I push hard but ever with watching the white line. :redface: (i was remember Melbourne last)
Theo follow all the time with about 2sec gap. At the end (lap10) my speed go a bit down and Theo came closer. Unfortunately he was suddently away, maybe a disconnect - not sure. From this P1 was save otherwise it would be a hard fight with Theo i´m sure.

Thanks everyone for driving, Ries for winning race 1 and once again sorry for my first run.
Not at least :thanks: Hugo for the event, hope you can fix your connection problems and be with us next again.

sorry and sad to have to say this but the driving standards tonight were the worse i have seen in a long time and not just the crashes but the amount of normally good drivers resorting to cutting the track lap after lap both in qualifying and the race was just sad and this was despite the pre-race requests to stay between the lines. :mad:

Hi Neil, please post a real nice story about the corners that you nailed as a maniac :D. For the incidents you can make a report as mentioned above. Ill hope to see you next time..

As to Neil I think your comment isn't justified...the top 10 drivers I seen driving where racing really well and no bashing or anything. And yes those outruncurbs are there for a reason but actually cutting the track on the inside isn't even possible ? In chat the outrun was discussed btw and everyone was fine with the way it was going, no comments whatsoever.
ok cutting was maybe the wrong word for most of the goings on although i did see some cutting also, maybe the word i should of said the rules were breached by some very often instead!
in the chat the only thing i saw being discused was numerous requests for EVERYONE to stay within the white lines and this includes the outcurbs

Slowly caught up till he ran wide at the chicane, so I went to pass as he is in the tires, and "boom", suddenly he is right there in front of me and I punt him up the track...forturnatly, I don't think there was much damage, but I back off till he settles down, sorry Larry...perhaps it was a connection problem as there was no way to avoid you...

No worries. Considering how my race ended, it pretty much had to be lag. My connection is decently fast most times, but I seem to run into trouble racing and it was storming last night, which is never good for my ping.

Was actually glad to hear I didn't cause any damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 93 91.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 34 33.3%