RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Loads and loads of fun. Haven't raced much in the Monday night series, but after last night I think I'll be making more effort.

Both races I had a terrible first lap and was bumped off the track, but that was half the fun... trying to overtake any slower cars that were in front around a very narrow Cadwell Park :D Finished 12th and 8th respectively following some mighty battles at just about every corner.

This Clio mod imo is one of the better ones out there offering very close and competative racing. The lack of tuning options also allows for the more novice amongst us to get to grips with them a bit easier. I'm all about the fun and the Clio's are 4 wheels of fun.

WHAT AN EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is Sebring!!!!!!!!

Q: I slot in behind Nelson with a marcos behind me. I drag and warm the tires and let some space between us form. The tires are warm and the nerves are up. I press for 2 hot laps and I get them. I dont know about you Nelson but Qing following you was just really realyl intense. After those 2 laps where I ended P4 I was spent.

R1: Starts with Nelson cracking on TS about the start. Odd start for me where I was overly cautious (funny I have not DNFed in a few events now) and get a verbal warning from Nelson (didnt see you and appreciated the warning as I dont want to be the cause of a L1T1 event). Thanks again for the warning. The first 4-5 laps are (in no particular order) Yves, Adam, KB, myself, and Nelson, and let me tell you it felt like I was at Sebring. These are quality racers and I was hanging right in the middle of the group. I didnt know but this was just a prep for the racing in r1. I I have an event ( looks like I need to view the replays for the save ) and end up having quite the battle with Will that is just sooooooooooooo intense that my arms are pumped, my head hurts, and I am sweating. Will, hands down some of the most entertaining GT racing I have had ever. Like you said the differences in the cars were so strong that it was nerve racking. He would get RIGHT on my bumper in the turns and then that monster V8 would kick in and I would drive away on the straights to only have him right on my bumper in the next braking zone. Just fantastic driving on your part Will. P4 for you and you deserve it.

P5 for me and I am really happy with the result and the racing was the BEST!

R2: I get a wanky start again with Nelson zooooooooooooooooming by on the inside (I remember when it was me doing the zoooooooooming). I get hit in T2/3 and have a little off (Will no problem at all it happens just ask stefan :D). I end up in a good battle with Yves but I cant hang as I am exhausted. I end up finishing P4 which was another strong result on my part.

Every since I started racing with the ARC here at RD I have strived to get better. Not faster but a better driver. This was the first event where I felt that I got better. I have had 4 events now without a DNF ( not counting discos ) and am getting really pleased with myself. There are fellow racers that I desired to compete with. This race I felt I competed with a few of them and that just makes me feel great. Let alone the people that race these events are good drivers, entertaining (adam), and informative. Keith spent half of the practice session sharing tips on the turns and about his setup with a few of us fellow drivers!! I joined the server and asked Keith if he could share his setup. He does so without question (Nelson,Yves, and myself) have done this in the past. I think this kind of sportsmanship is a testament to the quality of racer that drives here at RD in the ARC.

Hats off fellas, it's a blast here.

I myself have my yearly LAN party this weekend so you may see me pop in for an event or 2. Some of us race at the event. Check it out if yo u want. I could host a weekend event where it is nothing but racing!!! www.lakeeffectlan.com

sorry and sad to have to say this but the driving standards tonight were the worse i have seen in a long time and not just the crashes but the amount of normally good drivers resorting to cutting the track lap after lap both in qualifying and the race was just sad and this was despite the pre-race requests to stay between the lines. :mad:

As usual quick summery:

Qually...not so good only managed the very last lap to get a 28 low while in practice I was on for 27 low already.
Think 26 is very well possible but ...next time :p Maybe pressure played me parts hehe but pole anyway.

Race 1...held on to the lead at start and drove it like a maniac to the finish. Fastest race lap...28.063.
Gregory congetti was close behind always keeping pressure at just about 3 seconds, great drive.

Race 2...started 8th and dunno what happend at 1st corner I drove under a flying porsche rofl :D.
Ended up 5th or so and overtook David and then Martijn but in the progress I came out to hot at the walled chicane and took some damage.
Held on to 3rd behind teo and Andreas which I just could not catch up anymore, damage wasn't good for the car I guess lol.
Then my game froze in the same walled chicane as Martijn witnessed so he got passed again. After that I just drove it to the finish for 3rd at 12 seconds or so as Teo disconnected. Great drive to finish Andreas and wd to the rest !

As to Neil I think your comment isn't justified...the top 10 drivers I seen driving where racing really well and no bashing or anything. And yes those outruncurbs are there for a reason but actually cutting the track on the inside isn't even possible ? In chat the outrun was discussed btw and everyone was fine with the way it was going, no comments whatsoever.

short but fun Nick:good:

Yeah :good:

Had some good racing with a few others too, which makes a change as I'm usually driving about on my own for 90% of the racing.

In race 2, sorry for any confusion that may of been caused, my car was pulling to the left, which gradually got worse as the race went on. Think I got suspension damage from the lap 1 incident where i ran into the back of someone who couldnt avoid the accident in front of them, i had no where to go and no chance to avoid.

Got pretty close in the end with Frans and Gregory, and a back marker...though I was going to end down in 16th or something, but just scraped across in 11th.

I'm with Neil (kinda) on the cutting rules on this track. However, with some of the corners, once your commited to the corner, you cant help but go wide, especially if you hit the curbing on the inside which throws you off - but then you lose more than you gain with hitting the curb. And also if your battling with someone. I think if the game gave warnings if you go too wide, then that would help, but I did get overtaken a couple of times by those getting a better exit by running wide and thus more speed down the straight.

But still, some good racing despite that from those around me.

Thanks Hugo :good:

Grats to winners!

A nice track without annoying slow chicanes. First time here for me.

Sorry I could not avoid contact with you, Carl Middleton. There was space but both wanted to run in the same line. I was trying the inside and I was to slow in my reactions when you defended your spot.

Frans Linden, sorry that I punted you after you came in from the grass, I thought you were faster and I realized the situation to late.

Thanks all, CU!

sorry and sad to have to say this but the driving standards tonight were the worse i have seen in a long time and not just the crashes but the amount of normally good drivers resorting to cutting the track lap after lap both in qualifying and the race was just sad and this was despite the pre-race requests to stay between the lines. :mad:

From my part i tried as much as possible to stay between the lines during qualy and race (most in quali because in the race, to be honest, sometime i have slided other the limits)
During my quali this is the curve where i was maybe the most over the limits, not sure if wheels stays on the lines is good or not. If not, give me a penalty:

I can send my replay if needed....

About the race now:
Qualification: i did the 2nd or 3th time don't remember, lol.

Race1: I did a good start and the 1st curve was very tight with Ries at my side. Behind me i saw some incidents and i was able to follow Ries Notenboom during all the race at ~3s, but impossible to catch him. I finished 2nd.

Race2: The 2nd race was awfull at the begining for me :(. First, i saw a flying car, but luckily it was the car just at my side that take it on his face xD (my Porsche had the numberplate 33)

Secondly, i tried to avoid Gabor Ludwig in the curve at the end of the long straight, but i collide him and i was blocked on the wall in the interior of the bend.

In this position i have to wait that all cars pass me in order to not create one other incident. My position at this moment was really funny :S

I restarted last and i tried to raise some positions, but i did many mistakes, pushed a little Mr Kjelin (sorry mate), but at the end i had a good finish with Nick Deeley. It was very close.

Thanks to Hugo and RD. Grats to podium and see you next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes