RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• shenken

Hi chaps - I was wondering if it was too late to join the FBMW races tonight?

Name on RD forum: DavidPym
Name in game: David Pym
Control: G25
Special remarks:First time in FBMW's so I'll try and keep out yer way!!

If you have all the information like the password etc., feel free to join! The more the merrier.

HELP!!!!!!!!

Its saying I cant enter look!!!!!

Attachments

• help2.jpg
    help2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 246
no technical problems, just me, the living technical nightmare :)

quali: got to know the track, tested some with full tank, managed to cut my time from 1:22 to 1:15, 11th of 12, sorry for the small grid.

race1: tried to stay out of trouble and bring 'er 'ome safely, managed to do both, 6th one lap down.

race2: dropped out voluntarily after two big mistakes, too tired, had to attend an official function at work (and enjoyed it, actually) till about two in the morning, so rather tired, off to bed now!

btw, this is the direct link to live coverage from 24h at Green Hell:

Live-Streaming - 36. ADAC Zurich 24h-Rennen

I take the rap for the closed qualy. Sascha asked me to check that the settings were right and closed qualy didn't pop into my mind until I was alerted to the fact that people were unable to join with 5 seconds left of qualy.

100% my fault, it was my responsibility to ensure that Sascha had the right information, I hugely apologise to those really looking forward to tonights race.

I'll investigate whether we can run another non-FD FBMW event in the near future to give you guys another chance at what was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

quali: learning track still and yup... skipy special and back of the grid, just pipped by Eckhart. 5 secs off the pace.

race1: great start, i think Chris bogged down causing a few of us to get a run on him. caution better part of valour and slotted in making up 2 places. Normal service is resumed and spins occur. worst was in penultimate corner stuck on apex. saw neil approach and thought sit still and he'd pass, but unfortunatly he collected me (sorry neil - thought damned if i moved, damned if i didn't) both in for new front wings. spent plenty of time responding to blue flags. kept me busy with something to do. finished 8th... uh oh... pole for next race. eek!

race2: good start again me thought, although quickly swamped by about corner 4. coming to tyres on first lap went to turn in and got some connection on rear putting me out of shape. oli and i then had a spot of after you... no after you... no after you... then i went ... and he passed me later on the next lap :) again drove around by myself, started to close in on cars in front with a couple of mid 1:14's (my fastest of the night!!!) but nothing consistent enough to pull me back into connection. got lapped by Jamie about 500 times... eventually though he made the car stick to the grey bit! :p came home in 7th.

overall:
great fun cars to drive - need more practice in them though! good choice of circuit too! enjoyed the event.

• Francisca Roele

The race was chaotic (or strange as some mentioned in the race chat), but I enjoyed it. Up to the next time (but definately without the DriveFX, it's a pita to control without proper steering wheel settings).

There seem to be some problems with blue flags, but AFAIK I paid attention to those, and gave room when I was able (never got more than one warning). After the race Ross commented that some didn't obey but didn't address anyone directly so I have no idea who he's refering to.

race 1:
started first position, I was 2nd after first corner.
1 or 2 laps later I was 1st, but made a big mistake and fell back to 4th place.
I managed to come closer and passed 2 and 3, so I was now in 2nd position, 5 seconds behind Robert. He made a mistake and I could pass him.
At the end almost everyone had fuel problems, I had fuel for 25 laps, and it was just enough. Passed finish in 1st gear, and 2 seconds later my engine stopped. I was really lucky!! I finished position 1.

Race 2
Had a good start, 4th after 1st corner. Had some nice battles, and made it to position 2, with again 5 seconds behind Robert. I could close the gap, but then made a mistake again. After that Robert also made a mistake, so I was again close behind him. I had a nice battle with him, but could not pass.
Finished in second position.
Congratulations to Robert !!!

Really enjoyed this race.
Thanks to everyone for the nice races :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 10 30.3%