RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Roman Liebich

When I finally managed a 1:13 lap we all decided to restart the event - no I really wasnt mad - its a friendly development, right?
I agree that the race was a bit strange, the biggest problem from my point of view was the track itself - certainly fun to drive, but causing too much blue flag moments which are always tricky (and when you add the fact most people arent so comfortable with FBMW..)
In race 1 I made way too much mistakes, the biggest one on the last lap, where I totally lost control - sorry to all who were hit..
Race 2 was better, less mistakes, some nice "catch that guy/girl in front of me"
Overall it was a good event, already looking forward to next one

Qualy: Great lap to get pole - 1:09:770

Race 1: Started on pole and didn't get a great start. Tried to pull away for a few laps and started to slightly, but then i lost concentration and dropped back to 3rd. Then i was chasing Jamie down and we had a brilliant battle over the next 8-10 laps. Tried a lot of outbraking but Jamie was able to keep his position and held be off well. I then managed to get alongside into the 2nd chicane and then i stayed there through the quick right left chicane. Jamie left enough room for me, and we managed to go through side by side which was a bit scary but good fun. I then got ahead into the next corner and pulled away from Jamie. I started to catch up with Raino Priha. It took me a few laps to catch up and then i managed to get past. I pulled away a bit but then Raino ran out of fuel and dropped out of the race. Jamie was behind, but was about 30-40 secs behind because he made a few mistakes. On lap 16 i heard the "Your running low on fuel" and this made me worried i would run out of fuel. I backed off a bit and drove the last few laps short shifting and slower and made it to the end to win.

Race 2: Started in 8th and got a great start. Got up to 3rd and followed Jamie out of the first corner. Basically the same race as before so i chased Jamie for about 8-10 laps and we had a great battle again. However this time he was quicker and harder to pass. Eventually he spun so i moved up to 2nd place. I chased Raino Priha again and managed to pass him in the 2nd half of the race. I then pulled away and managed to get a big lead. I think Raino Priha made a few mistakes along with Jamie so i was able to pull about a 25-30 second lead. I was still quick by the end of the race so i was able to keep pulling away and won with a 35-40 second lead.

Thanks for the races, really enjoyable :)

• Jacek Kozlowski

Group 2

i want to thank everyone for good racing tonight.I alsow would like to say sorry for those "Fast" guyes wich had to overtake me.I was trying to let You overtake my car as best as i could,one time it ended not that well(sorry Garry)but it wasnt on purpose-i didnt get used to that kind situation most of the time im much faster:angel:. Its FD so some of use race here for geting more expirence.But if it comes to asking people ,who are more expierience, quiestions(about setups,settings etc...)they dont help at all.maybe beacouse i didnt have TS
anyway it was fun racing with You guyes.
Jacek Kozlowski

Group 2

Bit of a messy affair all this LOL! :D

Race 1 started from p9 I think. Had a uneventful race most of the time. Like many others I didn't have enough fuel and I was planning on a pitstops two laps before finish. But then Patrick lapped me, shortening my race and I thought "what the heck" there might still be enough in it for one more lap! There wasn't LOL! Ran out of fuel two turns before the finish. Ross overtook me and I ended up in p.6.

Race 2. Starting from p.3. Victor Shaw lost his car at the start running straight into me, catapulting me in the wall loosing my splitter :Sad: .
Made a pitstop and came back on track 1.5 laps down I think. Also they fuelled me up at the pitstop enough to drive around the wordl twice I think... at least I didn't have to worry about fuel this race.
Very lonely boring race after that, ended in p.8.

Congrats to Robert and Patrick who were in a league of their own! :thumb:

Hopefully we get another FBMW FD event as I love these cars! :D

Group 2 -

Qually :

Nofin much except went off road and got looks weird by a marshall :)Started dead last!

Race 1 :

Good start and made my may to 8th by squeezing my way through Theo, Simon etc :) and was pursuiting Daniel and David. But when Daniel past David I did also down the straight making me top Northern Irelander which felt good :) I tried to catch Daniel but his pace was too great. I somehow was 6th passing the invisible person :) So settled down and started to find braking points as I had never driven here before and was getting mid to low 1:12's But when Daniel left I was handed 5th. I then realised the my pit crew lied to me (Rob you must of bribed them :))Because I had 22laps and needed to refuel. Good thing I had bribed Robs pitcrew because he had to refuel too.:D So was in 6th and catching Mr Theo Da Bruin and was in hot pursuit. But last corner I gave up hope till I saw Theo's FBMW parked on the last turn and Theo shouting "NOOOOO!!" :) Finished 5th

Race 2 :

Started 4rd and was overjoyed when Victor spun into Theo (Who still managed 6th:)) and with David getting a bad start had a chance to grab 3rd till Victors car spun into me allowing Rob (Lucky :)) to take the lead into turn 1. When I passed David giving me 2nd Rob found a 7th gear and roared off. But when I looked behind me I saw Rob didnt have a 7th gear I was just slow and had Patrick, Eric, Gary and Daniel to name a few in my rear mirror. It took Patrick 2 laps and propabaly some rage to pass me so Eric was next. Another lap and a half later he passed me to and the next turn I looked for the re-pass but over cooked my brakes and ran wide allowing Gary through. "Not again" I thought to my steering wheel as the prospect of another lonely race dawned on me so I upped the ante and looked for a few tenths here and there which resulted in me spinning at the flat out left turn and trying to regain lots 10seconds to Gary. A few laps later Gary had his braked put to the test by Jacek and crashed allowing me to catch up and refill his mirrors. Then to my delight I mean to my sorrow :) I realised Gay had lost his front wing so I past him at the flat put left turn. I then saw Eric trying what I was doing in Qually by going off-road (Which is a lot of fun :)) After his refuel. So I had 3rd and stayed there 24.5 years behind Rob and Patrick who had i think got into some F3000 cars :D

Overall :

Great fun and love the track that I had never raced before on. Great friendly atmosphere with lots of cracks about me wearing my dads clothes :D Gratz Rob and Patrick for winning the alien awards, and great Race2 with Gary. Only complaint is Blue Flags which were a probelm when I was lapping some people, Please have the decency to move to the side of the track to allow us through. Thx

Great fun and 1st RD podium :D

There seem to be some problems with blue flags, but AFAIK I paid attention to those, and gave room when I was able (never got more than one warning). After the race Ross commented that some didn't obey but didn't address anyone directly so I have no idea who he's refering to.
Yes I dont want to name call but yes you were one off the people who blocked me from passing you in turn 3 when I was chasing Gary in Race2. I dont mind being in race-mode and I dont know if there werent any flags waved but that happened, No hard Feelings :)

Sorry for leaving the qualification!! The game stuttering was terrible and I decided to try to restart my computer. But unfortunately it took a while and then to start the game....blah!! Couldn't make it in time so I never tried to join again which I should have done I see now!!
Hope there will be more FD events with FBMW.

Team Blue Flag

Let me pop in a quick remark here about Blue Flags, being team manager of Team Blue Flag, I should know:

In real life racing, the slower guy is not supposed to make way at all by moving over but rather by breaking early in one of the three turns after the Blue Flag has first been shown. Dunno why it says "Move over" in the game. The theory behind this is that the faster guy is more in control of the situation (otherwise he/she wouldn't be faster, wouldn't he?) so he/ she is the one doing the extra, at times a little akward move. If the slow guy just taps the breaks lightly 100 m before breakpoint, the fast guy will usually have all the time in the world to move past safely before the turn. Another version of the same move is for the slow guy to stick to the inside at the end of the turn and let the fast guy take a quicker exit on the outside of the turn. This one works especially well before short straights. Did versions of both in race one group one and caused no problem to either me or the guys overtaking.

Qualifying:
No qualifying, started 5th :)

Race 1:
Good race begin, started and fought with Daniel, Patrick and Nevermind. With a few mistakes of them I came out as the 'winner' :p I had the lead and pulled it off to a 5 seconds gap. But then I made a mistake, and Patrick got me - bigger concern was that I had not much fuel left. Righto, first pitstop ever to get fuel, even though I didn't knew if I could get fuel. But yeah, i got it, and luckily still finished 3rd :) Gratz Patrick with winning this.

Race 2:
What a start! No, what a lucky start! Before the first turn I got from 6th to 1st :) And build up a gap of 6 seconds in the first 2 laps of the race. Than Patrick became second, and oh yeah, he was on the pace. Racing towards me and brought the gap back to 0.5 seconds in lap 12, but then he made a mistake where is lost 5 seconds... lap later, it was me who made a mistake, but I made one with luckily only 2 seconds losing. Patrick came back again, but I could defend myself well enough to hold P1. I was happy :)

Good races :) Great fun, hard to control though.

Don't worry Francisca, these FD series events are here so you can learn, not about winning (Ross...! ;) ). And it is tough if you're new to all this to keep an eye on everything! On top of that the blue flag warnings in game don't always work flawlessly.

• Francisca Roele

I do worry, and when things like this happen I can't let go. I'm upset because something happened and I haven't been able to do something about it, but things have happened and isn't really helping me feeling more secure driving in the group.

Francisca, you drove very good.. I had no problems at all when I lapped you.

Just don't worry, I saw it was your first race - you did well. Thereby this was a Friendly Development Series Race, allowing you the chance to practise racing with other friendly racers online. :)

I do worry, and when things like this happen I can't let go. I'm upset because something happened and I haven't been able to do something about it, but things have happened and isn't really helping me feeling more secure driving in the group.

I understand. Please keep in mind this was a bit of a weird night, with a lot of people who hadn't raced the FBMW's before.
This was a bit different from our normal FD events, so I hope you'll sign up for the next one as well so you'll get more comfortable racing on line.
Just remember you did nothing wrong, on the contrary it's the others that have to be reminded that this was an FD event!

• Raino Priha

Qualy: Qualified 2nd. It was a good lap about 0.8 seconds behind pole.

Race 1: Good start but braked a little too soon to first turn. Jamie Wilson was in my blind spot and tried to pass and we hit each other little bit but luckily neither of us spun. Passed Yates on lap 3 when he braked too late on turn 1 and visited the sand trap. Yates got very close to me on every hard braking points but I was able to keep him behind for a few laps. At mid of the race I went a little wide on the last right turn. Yates got right behind me on front straight and was able to pass me on turn 1. Couple of laps before finish I was out fuel and retired to pits.

Race 2: Started 2nd again. Good start as I rocketed past Keith Peppiatt. I was driving first at turn 1. I tried to save my tires for the end of the race but it was hard as Wilson and Yates were right behind me. Yates and Wilson were battling for p2 so I got away a little bit but then Wilson had some trouble and Yates got past him. Again Yates was lurking in my mirrors and eventually passed me mid of the race. A couple of laps later rear tires lost grip on turn 2. Luckily I didn't hit the wall very hard but my engine stalled. I lost about 25 seconds on that but I was able to keep my 2nd position to the end.

I hope we can have more FBMW races in the future. Too bad the grid was only half full but it was a lot of fun though.

• Jacek Kozlowski

I think that some guyes (group 2) forget that its FRIENDLY DEVELOPMENT (should think whats that really means)and there are diffrend skilled drivers here.I didnt want to point who that was but.......no hard feelings ROSS.:)No one was blocking You on purpose so whats the big deal.FD its not a league so the most important is fun,not who wins.
P.S.maybe i say that beacouse i was too slow for podium:angel:.
Jacek Kozlowski

Let me pop in a quick remark here about Blue Flags, being team manager of Team Blue Flag, I should know:

In real life racing, the slower guy is not supposed to make way at all by moving over but rather by breaking early in one of the three turns after the Blue Flag has first been shown. Dunno why it says "Move over" in the game. The theory behind this is that the faster guy is more in control of the situation (otherwise he/she wouldn't be faster, wouldn't he?) so he/ she is the one doing the extra, at times a little akward move. If the slow guy just taps the breaks lightly 100 m before breakpoint, the fast guy will usually have all the time in the world to move past safely before the turn. Another version of the same move is for the slow guy to stick to the inside at the end of the turn and let the fast guy take a quicker exit on the outside of the turn. This one works especially well before short straights. Did versions of both in race one group one and caused no problem to either me or the guys overtaking.

When i received warnings, if possible moved off line to give racing line to faster cars, or went deep into corner and stayed out off line giving the faster car the racing line or came off line exiting corner. there are some points on track though that you just have to keep to the line, the faster car will need to sit behind for a second or so (think around the tyres chicane.. really only one line there) sometimes coming up on a slower car is nothing but bad timing at some points, i don't think anyone would deliberatly block when being lapped.

also as aku said, this is FD - not life of death league points. i enjoyed the night, being lapped was not a problem. getting to a circuit you've never driven before - start lapping doing 1:17's leave circuit doing mid 1:14s, thats fun, thats improvement, thats why i get lapped a lot :D

Guys and Gals,
Let me just remind everyone again, what this series is all about. We include this in every sign up now:

Remember, this event is not about winning but "Friendly Development", so lets take some extra care with each other and drive safely and show some patience.

and by now we would have thought the message was getting through.

Part of the aim of this series is to provide an atmosphere where newer or less experienced drivers will feel comfortable joining, often for their first races. We also expect the faster, more experienced drivers to play their roll by helping them. If you want the more aggressive and "must do everything to win" style of racing, then please don't join these FD Series events.
I am really relying on our experienced drivers to show support to our inexperienced drivers and encourage them.

How many more times do I have to say it???

How many more times do I have to say it???

Warren you shouldn't. Some people should look in the mirror and ask themselfs if they want to RACE in a friendly atmosphere and helping eachother out or that they want to RACE like the devil is chasing them and look only after themselfs.
If you think you belong to the red category, then please don't bother signing up for this great series of events Warren started a long time ago with a big fanbase that actually like this non-league racing very much. Including myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 176 66.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 122 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 49 18.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 26.8%
Back