Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Porsche 911 Career 964 2.jpg

Sector3 Studios have confirmed the stunning Porsche 911 Carrera 964 will be arriving in RaceRoom Racing Experience very soon indeed.

Having secured a licencing agreement with the historic German brand last year, Sector3 Studios have slowly but surely been drip feeding some of the most iconic models from the marque into the sim over the last few months, and with at least three additional cars still to materialise, the Swedish developers have confirmed one with be the classic 911 Carrera (964)!

R3E Porsche 911 Career 964 4.jpg

Having been very much in the thick of things during the early 1990's, the 964 is a race proven thoroughbred motorsport icon, one of the most popular and engaging cars of a long line of iconic racing machines from the Stuttgart marque.

Having spent five years as the car of choice for the Porsche Carrera Cup between 1990 and 1994, this is a very significant motor from the brand, and it is certainly pleasing to see it head to RaceRoom Racing Experience as a new DLC in the near future.

R3E Porsche 911 Career 964 1.jpg

The car will be included as part of the upcoming big patch update, and is set to contain 25 unique race liveries from throughout the history of the category.

Exact release date and price have yet to be revealed, so stay tuned to find out over the coming days...

R3E Porsche 911 Career 964 3.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available as a 'free to play' PC exclusive racing simulation.

Check out the RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum to stay in touch with the latest news, download the odd mod or two and join in with our mighty RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club - for all you club and league racing eSport needs!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
You certainly can't beat R3E for content (or sound) but all this growing content just makes updates more difficult and this game is missing features that I feel will never be implemented.It is a good game but they seem to just be mostly pushing out content and I'd prefer to see a better balance.

Yup, but they used to be miles ahead in that department, but now Kunos almost caught up with ACC, AMS is also quite close.

On the positive side, it means more good sounds for everyone :thumbsup:.

We always knew that the whole industry would improve in the audio department, AC , AMS, rF2, Forza, GT, and especially the Dirt Rally games.
Personally, I'll never stop to improve the sounds, as it can always be better, so I see this competition like a very positive motivation :D

I really hope the next releases will satisfy you on this point, because I took a special pleasure to work on them ;)

If only either the game would be fixed so it would start or at the very least customer support would answer on official support tickets …

I have opened a support ticket last year (yes, you rad that right) as all that sweet content I bought is completely inaccessible as R3E crashes on start with a cryptic failure message.

I would love to purchase the two Porsche DLC cars but I cannot !?

Very strange company that is.

I'm still having a blast with the 934 using my H-Pattern. I'm old school so I enjoy the challenge this era of Porsche brings to the sim. :thumbsup: Love it!!

One thing I wish they'd change is restarting a race. You have to click 5 times to restart. I want to hit restart one time to get going again. I'm not sure the reason of having to go through so many screens to restart, but it's kind of aggravating. Seems like it could be simpler.

If only either the game would be fixed so it would start or at the very least customer support would answer on official support tickets …

I have opened a support ticket last year (yes, you rad that right) as all that sweet content I bought is completely inaccessible as R3E crashes on start with a cryptic failure message.

I would love to purchase the two Porsche DLC cars but I cannot !?

Very strange company that is.

One point in time I had to do a fresh install of Windows to get raceroom toto wo after getting some weird error. Since this is my main sim I had to try anything and yes, a fresh install was the only solution unfortunately.

True, have to invest more time into this mod. Although the AI destroys me at even 90%, don’t know if they’re doing coke or something like that… :D

Would be nice to actually see the game move forward with new and improved feature instead of just new content all the time. I gave up on r3e a while ago and will not buy more content until they actually move the game forward.

Would be nice to actually see the game move forward with new and improved feature instead of just new content all the time. I gave up on r3e a while ago and will not buy more content until they actually move the game forward.

It is moving forward, maybe not in the direction you want to see, but nevertheless.
There were some great updates, for instance: new physics, multi-class racing, improved AI. I appreciate what Sector3 is doing :thumbsup:

On the positive side, it means more good sounds for everyone :thumbsup:.

We always knew that the whole industry would improve in the audio department, AC , AMS, rF2, Forza, GT, and especially the Dirt Rally games.
Personally, I'll never stop to improve the sounds, as it can always be better, so I see this competition like a very positive motivation :D

I really hope the next releases will satisfy you on this point, because I took a special pleasure to work on them ;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%