R3E news and rumors

So we have a general discount thread (though it's often missed), but as far as I know, there isn't a general news thread to post various small-ish pieces of information that have come up, so I thought it might be a good idea to start one?

So information about the upcoming December patch are starting to appear, and we now have a confirmation that three Porsche cars will indeed be coming with it, with first one being...

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017

The latest incarnation of the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup is based on the seventh generation of this sports car icon, and it lives up to its calling: uncompromising performance on the race track.
The four-liter six-cylinder boxer unit delivers up to 485 hp.
The drive force is transmitted to the rear axle by six-speed sequential dog-type transmission.
The fate of the 911 GT3 Cup is played out in the Porsche one-make championships, where the only thing that counts is the performance of the individual driver.
While carrying "GT3" in its name, the car has quite different driving characteristics compared to its bigger brother, the GT3 R.
The lack of ABS & Traction control makes it quite a challenge to drive and will put your skills on track to a test.
A special feature of this car are the purple LED lights on the data display, that will warn you about traction loss & locking brakes.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/porsche-911-gt3-cup-2017.9881/#post-137245

39040462282_d8166dd426_b.jpg

38361261104_d6f77456f2_b.jpg

The other two cars should be announced in the coming days according to S3, but it's fairly obvious one of them will be the GT3 R, aka the "proper" GT3 ;)

C8.R and Mosport, no make it Sebring, err Watkins Glen, maybe Road Atlanta
Without starting another personal wished tracks list I have to say that it should be legally punishable if a racing sim company developes a sim without one of the first years to launch a Watkins Glen version.:sneaky:

Both in the GTP mod(NR2003), iRacing and rF2(cant recall:sleep:) I have enjoyed the different layouts of this track legend.
Extremely enjoyed:laugh:

Specially in iRacings online races where I could frustrate some of the semi-aliens when I because of extremely low wings could overtake them on the straight after the esses.
They were sitting ducks:roflmao:
At least until some of the next corners:ninja:
Hehe this track was the only one where these semi-gods in the post race discussions was interested in what wing settings I was running:roflmao:

As you probably noticed if you visited your profile page today you'll see that Zhejiang Circuit is in the store. Well not exactly yet but after checking out this video you may wish it was here sooner than later. Although a bit heavy on the left/right/left switchbacks it does look interesting.
1581009403763.png

Eventhough its allways difficult (often impossible) to deduct much from a RL video to how good the track will feel in the virtual world then I admit this track looks multo promissing.:thumbsup:
Also its allways exciting with some elevation changes on a racetrack.

Probably a buy - hehe eventhough I have a case running with Raceroom at the moment where they have deducted more from my wallet than the transaction menu promissed.:poop:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: If somebody in RL took money from my wallet I would consider it stealing:sneaky:
Where are the virtual police when you need them:cautious:

If somebody in RL took money from my wallet I would consider it stealing:sneaky:
Where are the virtual police when you need them:cautious:
When a person takes money from you without your permission, it's stealing. When a business takes money from you without your permission, it's apparently just an innocent mistake which they will happily correct... in a few months, when they feel like getting around to it.

When a person takes money from you without your permission, it's stealing. When a business takes money from you without your permission, it's apparently just an innocent mistake which they will happily correct... in a few months, when they feel like getting around to it.
@Ross I hope you and others can see that my comment of lifting my wallet for some values was 100% a joke. Because the extreme few times I have had some problems with Racerooms store they have solved it pretty fair and quick.
And the same this time.:thumbsup:
Few seconds ago I have just mailed them that my "error ticket" was allready obsolete because by some magically action my account wallet has been adjusted to the correct value.
I dont know if it was one of their customer guys or some magic from the internet - because they have not responded on my ticket.
But to repeat myself my analogy with stealing from my innocent wallet was a relaxed joke:rolleyes:

@Ross I hope you and others can see that my comment of lifting my wallet for some values was 100% a joke. Because the extreme few times I have had some problems with Racerooms store they have solved it pretty fair and quick.
And the same this time.:thumbsup:
Few seconds ago I have just mailed them that my "error ticket" was allready obsolete because by some magically action my account wallet has been adjusted to the correct value.
I dont know if it was one of their customer guys or some magic from the internet - because they have not responded on my ticket.
But to repeat myself my analogy with stealing from my innocent wallet was a relaxed joke:rolleyes:
It was probably just a visual bug, for some reason the UI sometimes shows a wrong purchase price until the backend cache is cleared.

It was probably just a visual bug, for some reason the UI sometimes shows a wrong purchase price until the backend cache is cleared.
Yeah that could explain it.
And I admit that I should probably just have waited to the next day/or just later before I used the big cannon and contacted the user service.
But the reason I acted a bit premature was because the stores transaction menu actually made a calculation that was incorrect.
1597 vrp - 399(Porsche911 w 1 paint) = 799(incorrect)
And then I just thought - wtf they are using my money to get an extra pint in the bar:roflmao:

EDIT: Or maybe just ½ a pint.:sleep:

Yeah that could explain it.
And I admit that I should probably just have waited to the next day/or just later before I used the big cannon and contacted the user service.
But the reason I acted a bit premature was because the stores transaction menu actually made a calculation that was incorrect.
1597 vrp - 399(Porsche911 w 1 paint) = 799(incorrect)
And then I just thought - wtf they are using my money to get an extra pint in the bar:roflmao:

EDIT: Or maybe just ½ a pint.:sleep:
Exactly, somehow the price is subtracted twice sometimes in the UI.

I recently posted on Sector3 forum an incident during a Ranked Server race and it was deleted with an explanation that the next update expected in the 'early days of April' which will address the issue raised. As they deleted that post I won't go into details as to what it was as I it's obvious they would rather not have it out there.

So perhaps Daytona and the GTE/GTLM 911 are mere weeks away and not later Q2? :whistling:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea