R3E | New RaceRoom Update Adds Many Physics Improvements

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new update for RaceRoom Racing Experience has been deployed - adding a substantial number of physics improvements for an array of content within the game.

The new 1.1gb update is available to sim racers who next fire up their RaceRoom Racing Experience game install, and within that download comes a nice selection of changes - including an sizeable number of physics improvements applied to a various vehicles currently available within the game.

As well as physics and tyre model updates, several tracks have also been tweaked to produce a better AI experience in single player mode - all of which should make for an improved offline experience.

New content fans will have to wait for a little while longer to get their hands on the new Daytona road course and Porsche RSR, both of which are expected to be made available to the simulation in the near future.

Update Notes:
  • Controllers - Updated default FFB settings for Logitech G27
  • Controllers - Logitech wheels now have “sine” curb wave type and reduced minimum force value.
  • Controllers - Sim-Plicity: set all wave types to sine
  • Controllres - Thrustmaster: reduced minimum force value
  • Multiplayer - Server list now shows which of the three possible race sessions is currently running (R, R2, R3)
  • Fixed an issue with Fastest Lap notifications on the HUD that were not displaying properly
  • Fixed some Default Controller Profiles that were showing up as customized in the menu
  • Fixed player getting automatically DNF’d when they run out of fuel even though their vehicle is still moving. You can now crawl all the way to the finish line as long as your car moves.
  • Fixed a game crash that would occur when entering instant replay while using the pitstop menu
Content updates:
  • BMW M1 Procar - Updated physics and tyre model
  • BMW M3 GT2 - Fixed weird noises heard on downshifts coming from opponent cars in multiplayer
  • DTM 92 - Improved gearbox behaviour, updated drivetrain oscillations to give less in lower gears and more in high gears
  • Group 4 - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Group C - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Mercedes DTM 1995 - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Mercedes DTM 2005 - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Porsche 911 Carrera (964) - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Porsche 911 RSR 2019 - Various art tweaks to liveries
  • Tatuus F4 - Fixed launch control for this car, updated its default gear ratios for each track
  • Touring Classics - Improved gearbox behaviour, updated drivetrain oscillations to give less in lower gears and more in high gears
  • AI - Formula RaceRoom US: general improvement to AI behaviour
  • Dubai - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Nordschleife - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Norisring - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Nuerburgring Sprint - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Oschersleben - Fixed an issue with invisible objects on the grass at the pit exit. Tweak to terrain textures.
  • Sachsenring - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Shanghai - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Sonoma - Tweaks to AI behaviour. Fixed the dried grass surrounding the track that has always been wrongly assigned the gravel properties. It’s now proper dry grass when you drive on it.
  • Spa-Francorchamps - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Suzuka - Fixed a possible cut detection during pitstops
  • Zhuhai - Tweaks to AI behaviour

Original Source: Sector3 Studios

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively for PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

RaceRoom Racing Experience Update 1.jpg

Last edited:
I've been on the wall with R3E, sure I've a couple of hours in the demo, but that's it. So the question is, is this worth going all in on, basically go for the mega superduper package that contains all content to date?
The cost to own all the content did annoy me for a long time. I bought a few tracks and a few cars and stubbornly refused to buy more. But in the end, I just kept coming back to this sim so I gave in and bought the rest last year. I'm glad I did, it is the sim I keep returning to, for the leaderboards and quality & variety of cars; and I enjoy the offline racing too.
NOTE beware of buying DLC direct from Steam - you can generally get a much better deal from the Raceroom store. Or just bite the bullet & buy the lot!

• Deleted member 197115

I was in the same wall 2 month ago. When i realized that i could race against AI i downloaded and gave a try buying the DTM 2014 experience pack (came with all DTM 2014 cars, drivers and tracks) in steam.

I got surprised how good this game is, give a try.

If you like it you can buy the cars, packs and tracks separately.
If you like the game, just go for a full package, it is not that expensive if shopping with their virtual currency.

im sitting here hovering my mouse over it wondering the exact same thing..
So take the advice above. Download the free part from Steam, then head to the in-game store and hit the "Test Drive" button on all the cars that interest you. There's literally no limit here, you can do it as many times as you like. So in terms of car content, you can try out every single one for free. You're limited to RaceRoom Raceway as a test track, but tracks are tracks. It's how the cars handle that's probably the most important thing.

Spend as long as you like test driving, and if you like what you see (feel?), hit the big old PURCHASE button after reading the buying guide.

I have to say I’m absolutely loving this Sim now .....just had a few long races against AI in the GT4 class around Silverstone National , whacked the difficulty right up and it was a ton of fun.... proper worn out by the end of the two race format .

Can’t wait for the RD competition to start in a couple of weeks, it’s going be awesome .

The best thing about Raceroom is the content. Theres a ton of it, much of which isn’t really covered by other sims any more. It has the best touring cars, GT4s (although ACC will also add them too), 90s F1, DTM and more. Interesting track selection too. The interface is done well. Multi class racing is easy to do. The AI is decent and the sounds are great.

Visually it’s now way behind though. For some that doesn’t matter, but for me it’s an immersion breaker and I’m sorry to say that this is now fast approaching being a vintage sim, one that we’ll talk about alongside GTR2 and GT Legends. I also have found it hard to dial in the FFB since the last few updates.

hopefully they can update the sim sometime soon but I’m not sure that’s the plan. Seems like they want to keep pumping out dlc content and make money while people can still put up with a creaking dx9 engine. If they ever really invest and modernize then I’ll come running back. Meanwhile I’m more than happy with ACC and AMS2.

im sitting here hovering my mouse over it wondering the exact same thing..
Watch out it can be pretty addictive :whistling:

Download the free part from Steam, then head to the in-game store and hit the "Test Drive" button on all the cars that interest you. There's literally no limit here, you can do it as many times as you like. So in terms of car content, you can try out every single one for free.
I have said it before - I dont understand why as example iRacing hasnt adopted this great idea.
But maybe its because they are afraid if people does try iRacings physics and specially the TM - before they have bleeded the money :sneaky:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Yeah yeah I know that up to their mandatory "crazy week" its often possible to test a few not rented cars for some minutes:roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
If I should play devils advocate then most of you who are pleading for a DX11 update do it just because you KNOW Raceroom are only running DX9.:sneaky:
If the Racerooms devs played some game and told everybody that Raceroom was updated to DX11 then most people would say Thank you but why did it take so long.:sneaky:
What what?
I see even people does agree with one of my posts here.
Thats something new:whistling:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Im quite honest when I say that on my system Raceroom looks either just as good as the mentioned competition or factual better.
And eventhough Im on a older system (Xeon x5670/GTX 1060/1680x1050) then because of the resolution I can use more or less highest/ultra settings.:thumbsup:

Ive had the demo version for a while now, running triple screen 5760x1080 and also VR, the graphicvs are quite spartan compared to other games, id rate it around or below the level of AMS2, noting that AMS is in early access and is known to be using placeholder graphics currently.. and yes, from what I have seen, probably iRacing level.

(i9 9900kf/32gb/2080ti and all game in list on max graphics)

Graphically from my list of games id rate in this order,

FM7/Grid
F12019/DIrt Rally 2/WRC8
ACC
PC2
AMS2/RRE/AC (with CM and all graphics mods turned on)
BeamNG
RF2/RB Rally
KartKraft

honestly, once I start racing, its more about focusing on that car right in front of me than whether the tree models are pretty or not, and KartKraft graphics look like they were done in MS Paint.. but, what a damn fun game to play though..

for the First time i tried racing AI in RRE today,set them to adaptive and have to say I like whatever that mode is, on launch i was screaming past cars, once i got to 4th place it was taking laps to catch the next guy, and the next, and harder faster leaner lines to overtake. Nice algorithm although they still suffer the early braking syndrome that most games AI suffer, making t1 and t2 a disaster unless you hang back.

Last edited:
I'd stopped using Raceroom for a while, because I wasn't satisfy with my favorite content, Group 5 cars, as cars wasn't receiving updates (too much attention on the GT3 cars), and because I spent more time on other sims with more features (the rain).

After this annoucement I decided to launch the game, because, as it is still the game I've spent more hours in my Steam library, it deserved my attention. And wow, the Group 5 cars are much better, the WTCC cars are drivable, I bought the Group C cars and the Nissan is a beast (maybe too light?). I had forgotten how many tracks I had paid for, I've just made some laps with the Group 5 Corvette on Motegi, that was great. Mid-Ohio in its short form is amazing.

The setup menu is really good.

Well, one disappointement though : the F1 90s felt better last time I've tried it. It feels right now absolutely light and oversensitive (it may be adjusted in the setup, I hope).

I won't forgot Raceroom anymore.

Regarding the graphics, maybe the Unreal engine update is still in their plans, who knows?

So take the advice above. Download the free part from Steam, then head to the in-game store and hit the "Test Drive" button on all the cars that interest you. There's literally no limit here, you can do it as many times as you like. So in terms of car content, you can try out every single one for free. You're limited to RaceRoom Raceway as a test track, but tracks are tracks. It's how the cars handle that's probably the most important thing.

Spend as long as you like test driving, and if you like what you see (feel?), hit the big old PURCHASE button after reading the buying guide.

I already had the demo, just never looked at it much as it was a crappy job setting up triple screens, stopping all the banners from disaapearing on the outside screens etc, also it has bugs where fxaa and smaa do not work properly on triple screen setups, but, i bit the bullet, did the setups, installed RS to handle the smaa/fxaa instead, and bought the full pack. So far, liking it..

I did say it before, but, Ill say it again, I am liking the AI in this, no "ducks in a row" on the ideal line nonsense, they feel more lifelike than other sims.

wishlist items would be proper triple screen configurator, and fixing the graphical bugs related to it IN the program, not requiring all the screwing around.

Bathurst in the "dawn" setting with GT3's

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back