R3E | New RaceRoom Update Adds Many Physics Improvements

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new update for RaceRoom Racing Experience has been deployed - adding a substantial number of physics improvements for an array of content within the game.

The new 1.1gb update is available to sim racers who next fire up their RaceRoom Racing Experience game install, and within that download comes a nice selection of changes - including an sizeable number of physics improvements applied to a various vehicles currently available within the game.

As well as physics and tyre model updates, several tracks have also been tweaked to produce a better AI experience in single player mode - all of which should make for an improved offline experience.

New content fans will have to wait for a little while longer to get their hands on the new Daytona road course and Porsche RSR, both of which are expected to be made available to the simulation in the near future.

Update Notes:
  • Controllers - Updated default FFB settings for Logitech G27
  • Controllers - Logitech wheels now have “sine” curb wave type and reduced minimum force value.
  • Controllers - Sim-Plicity: set all wave types to sine
  • Controllres - Thrustmaster: reduced minimum force value
  • Multiplayer - Server list now shows which of the three possible race sessions is currently running (R, R2, R3)
  • Fixed an issue with Fastest Lap notifications on the HUD that were not displaying properly
  • Fixed some Default Controller Profiles that were showing up as customized in the menu
  • Fixed player getting automatically DNF’d when they run out of fuel even though their vehicle is still moving. You can now crawl all the way to the finish line as long as your car moves.
  • Fixed a game crash that would occur when entering instant replay while using the pitstop menu
Content updates:
  • BMW M1 Procar - Updated physics and tyre model
  • BMW M3 GT2 - Fixed weird noises heard on downshifts coming from opponent cars in multiplayer
  • DTM 92 - Improved gearbox behaviour, updated drivetrain oscillations to give less in lower gears and more in high gears
  • Group 4 - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Group C - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Mercedes DTM 1995 - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Mercedes DTM 2005 - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Porsche 911 Carrera (964) - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Porsche 911 RSR 2019 - Various art tweaks to liveries
  • Tatuus F4 - Fixed launch control for this car, updated its default gear ratios for each track
  • Touring Classics - Improved gearbox behaviour, updated drivetrain oscillations to give less in lower gears and more in high gears
  • AI - Formula RaceRoom US: general improvement to AI behaviour
  • Dubai - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Nordschleife - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Norisring - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Nuerburgring Sprint - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Oschersleben - Fixed an issue with invisible objects on the grass at the pit exit. Tweak to terrain textures.
  • Sachsenring - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Shanghai - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Sonoma - Tweaks to AI behaviour. Fixed the dried grass surrounding the track that has always been wrongly assigned the gravel properties. It’s now proper dry grass when you drive on it.
  • Spa-Francorchamps - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Suzuka - Fixed a possible cut detection during pitstops
  • Zhuhai - Tweaks to AI behaviour

Original Source: Sector3 Studios

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively for PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

RaceRoom Racing Experience Update 1.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds good and looking forward to giving the stuff a spin.....tho really looking forward to the future update that brings dx11 for better performance, especially in VR and dynamic track rubbering.

If AMS and iRacing can bring both to old engines I surely believe Sector3 can do it.

Yeah, agreed. R3E got some major props from me because they really jumped on their VR implementation early...but the sim is starting to show its age in VR, I'm afraid.

There's so much great content and it's a lot of fun to drive, I would love to see them pretty it up a bit.

Every time I kiss sim racing good bye I find a new reason to come back and trysomething (clarification: Sim racing is staying. I'm leaving).

While I should say that R3E is a great sim in my eyes but I used to like modern cars driving experience much more than historics, 90's and Porsche's especially the older ones. In all other sims or driving games I'm into historics far much more than modern cars.

The physics improvements to exactly those, makes me really want to re testdrive them I'm eager to know how they feel now.

Anyway last December was a boom in terms of improvements whether this was Studio397 or Sector3 (and also many other sims introduced new UI, ranked servers or physics models).

Sector3 had major improvements to Raceroom Racing Experience last December that totally upped the game.. I mean sim..
Yes, I was referring to Sector3 :)
That December update and everything since has made it a whole new game. Like "R3E 2020" but without the $59.99 price tag.

Yeah, agreed. R3E got some major props from me because they really jumped on their VR implementation early...but the sim is starting to show its age in VR, I'm afraid.

There's so much great content and it's a lot of fun to drive, I would love to see them pretty it up a bit.
Couldn't agree more. It's a great sim, their track selection in particular is probably the best around, but the graphics are getting a bit old. That and the lack of a real weather system.

I've been on the wall with R3E, sure I've a couple of hours in the demo, but that's it. So the question is, is this worth going all in on, basically go for the mega superduper package that contains all content to date?

Reactions: CC
I've been on the wall with R3E, sure I've a couple of hours in the demo, but that's it. So the question is, is this worth going all in on, basically go for the mega superduper package that contains all content to date?
That’s what I did a couple of months ago , but didn’t really get I to it as I had just built my rig and was jumping from sim to sim in excitement . Settled on iRacing as my main as I like the competition side of things , but after a few frustrating ‘that’s not how a car handles under loss of traction ‘ moments I went looking at the rest of my library . It was like finding a treasure chest of content with RR ! Took a while to get my FFB dialled in to where I like , but can’t put it down now . Looking forward to the RD races in a few weeks

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 492 39.2%