R3E Feedback Time

So you've all been playing for a while , you have new content etc .

It would be nice to get some general chat + feedback about the game as it is at present , not what modes its missing but whats there now ...

how you feel the overall performance is , how the cars are balanced , how the ffb is , collisions , graphics etc

things like the FFB is sh** isnt really feedback ; go into depth about what the issue is and throw some ideas at it on what would make sense ....

if we can can you keep it to your opinions and not go into a general back and forth discussion about other peoples opinions

i will do my best to make sure the DEV's read this

many thanks

Andi

I am happy doing what I am doing and really not enough space on my plate at the present time for R3E. When I did give it a run early on my biggest bother was the sense that the car liked to drift quite wide in cornering and the rear end of the car wagging a bit too much. However I will give it another try when it matures past beta stage and see what Simbin has come up with. Until then those who are active with this game I only have hopes you are getting your enjoyment with it.:thumbsup:

Can this thread be used for bug reporting?

I installed R3E but it won't run because I'm using Chrome and not the latest version of IE. Please fix so the game will run with non IE browsers.

Hi David,

The IE requirement is because the IE package includes some specific system files in Windows that is required for our native in-game browser (not IE) to work. This may change in the future but for now those files are required at the OS level.

But of course, we will look into improving this where and when we can.

Hi David,

The IE requirement is because the IE package includes some specific system files in Windows that is required for our native in-game browser (not IE) to work. This may change in the future but for now those files are required at the OS level.

But of course, we will look into improving this where and when we can.

Fair enough - thanks for the reply. It was something of a surprise to be asked to upgrade my browser when installing a racing game. But on reflection I don't suppose you have many XP users who haven't updated IE.

Ok, here's some feedback from me.

Graphics:
The overall graphics are quite nice, but sometimes the whole scenery looks a little bit "cartoony". Maybe it lacks better shaders to give the graphics a more real touch. Nevertheless i like the graphics, but improvements are always welcome.
As a sidenote .... i like the swaying trees. These small details adds to immersion.
Big immersion breaker: Corner markers! :thumbsdown:
I hope Simbin brings us an option soon to switch it with realistic corner/brake/distance markers.

Sound:
Actually R3E has the best sound of all available sims (incl. the sims in beta-, alpha-, pre-alpha-status). But iRacing and pCARS are on the way to close the gap. It seems that more and more developer have recognized now the important role of realistic sounds to improve the immersion.
Just a small point of criticism: In external TV-cam the engine should be a little bit louder and lasts longer on departure.

FFB:
IMHO the FFB is one of the things which needs to improve in R3E. The whole system with different "FFB effects level" is kinda old school. It seems that there's too much "ancient" ISImotor stuff in use.
The effects should come right from the physics (suspension + tires). Just like RealFeel-FFB or/and LeoFFB plugins for rFactor. All these canned effects e.g. for rumblestrips aren't neccessary, if the FFB would come direct from the physics. Furthermore some of these canned effects settings makes it more difficult to get the FFB feel right.

Physics:
Goes a little bit hand in hand with the FFB. If the FFB is badly configured you can't get the right feel for the car/physics. But if you find some good settings for your wheel, then the physics come to live too.
A few times the word "simcade" was mentioned here. I'm not agree with that. Many of us are used to the older sims (e.g. GTR2, rFactor1, etc.) and its kind of "low grip feeling", which makes you believe that race cars are very difficult to drive. But that's not the case. Race cars are well balanced and build to give you tons of grip, and not to kill the driver in every corner. Only driving on the limit makes it difficult and separating the winners from the losers. ;) I think that R3E has implemented this grippy track feeling very well. That's not a reason to call R3E not a sim (or "simcade").

Pricing:
I think the prices for cars and tracks are quite fair. You can drive a car for years and have much fun on a well-made track, and now compare it with the small fee you must pay for it. Otherwise .... if you want all the tracks and cars, it might become very very expensive. I would like to see some bundled packs as special offer from Simbin. :)
What i didn't like is the Livery-part. :( I have always liked to paint my own car skin. Now i have to pay for a livery and the available real liveries do cost too much. And if you buy a car, i would appreciate that 2-3 liveries (different ones and not only a changed numberplate) are included at least, just to have a basic choice. Look at the leaderboards ........ almost every driver is driving the provided standard livery. And now imagine some multiplayer races later on, where almost everyone is driving the same car skin.:confused:

And just to add ....
Marketing:

I think the information policy of Simbin is too quiet referring to what is planned for R3E and what is not. I'm really looking forward to get finally more and detailed informations about the planned features. The lack of these important informations keeps many users from spending more money for R3E, i guess.

And i can't wait for Q&A part2, part3, part4, ...... :)

Last edited:
Good job Ernie :thumbsup:
Agree with all you say..

As regards the FFB i have found if i run on a low setting in the FFB I don't get much feel of what the car is doing. But if i run on full effects and then alter my plr file and cancel out all the canned effects to give the same use of options in a low to med setting i get a much better feel through the wheel.
all i want to feel is steering force+ damper+ friction

i use this as a reference from
FFB levels
* Low:
steering force (steering+grip)
* Medium
steering force+ damper+ friction+ strips rumble
*High
steering force+ damper+ friction+ strips rumble+ brakes vibration
*Full
steering force+ damper+ friction+ strips rumble+ brakes vibration+ throttle vibration+ steering vibration

I don't use high values also in strength I don't want the wheel to be ripped out my hands.
But as is said many time this is a personal choice for each driver,
just surprised i get a different feel for shall we say the same settings:)

I don`t know, what is wrong with this game (or with me, or with my G27), but drive feeling between different cars is huge. Let`s say old BMW M3. I can drive it the fastest as I can with full surface feeling on steering wheel and confidence in curves. BMW GTR on the other side gives me feeling like I am trying to control the steam boat with absolutely no feedback on steering wheel. Today I tried RUF on Suzuka for some laps and feeling on the track is great as it is with M3. So ... Are the cars on different levels of development or something is really wrong with me and my sense organs :)?

I don`t know, what is wrong with this game (or with me, or with my G27), but drive feeling between different cars is huge. Let`s say old BMW M3. I can drive it the fastest as I can with full surface feeling on steering wheel and confidence in curves. BMW GTR on the other side gives me feeling like I am trying to control the steam boat with absolutely no feedback on steering wheel. Today I tried RUF on Suzuka for some laps and feeling on the track is great as it is with M3. So ... Are the cars on different levels of development or something is really wrong with me and my sense organs :)?
I notice the same thing. I am pretty sure some of the cars that don't feel right were some of the first released. I hope they will update them in time as the game progresses. As it is now I just don't like driving certain cars because they feel wrong. Anyway, hope it gets tweaked. Some feel really good though.

I agree that the cars feel different and some I don't like to drive at all but I will say that the BMW M1 ProCar that we just got to drive felt great to me. Good job SimBin. The default settings really worked well even though tweaking it made it better but it is a real pleasure to drive. Now if I could just drive better :(

Couple days ago I bought all tracks and lots of cars and now, when I tried more of them, I found something else,
Lets say Radical for instance, which I have driven last days the most. The car is great on Zandvoort circuit, not easy to handle but it gives me a great feeling on my steering wheel what is going on between tyres and surface ... and I like it a lot!!!
Completely different situation is on Zolder, where the same car with same setup becomes unresponsive "heavy beast", without any information on my steering wheel, what is going on with the car.
Or again, something must be wrong with me :unsure:.

... and give us multiplayer, please ... :)

The FFB in this game is horrible. IMO, What we feel coming out of wheels is by far one of the most important things for simracers. Yes, FFB is a personal thing and can differ from one wheel to another and from one person to another. But simracers know when the FFB is inaccurate right of of the box. This subsequently leads to all the great RCS files developed by our members. However, though this program is a beta version, don't you think the FFB should have been developed and 'fixed' by now, rather that waiting for independent moders to develop their own fixes? Thanks to these moders and their talents, the FFB feels way better. I hope SimBin is paying attention.

I think R3E may have been a business mistake on SimBin's part. The GTR series previously developed by SimBin had a huge following and fan base. By developing R3E and trying the envelop GTR3 into this new platform is a hard sell. I think SimBin would have made a more profitable choice if they had come out with GTR3 and introduced DLC instead. Note I am only a SimRacer and a huge fan of SimBin, this is only my opinion as a fan of the GTR series.

Last edited:
After huge 6gb yesterday˙s patch ... game doesn˙t start anymore. I can see only introduce with SimBin˙s logo and after that black screen(s) with white mouse arrow on and nothing else happened, so I must close everything with Alt Ctrl Del to get out. I restarted STEAM and verified game cache, but all the same, just black screen appears.
Well, I am not the only one with that problem and I think ... it doesn˙t matter how much RRRE contents cost me until now, I will most probably give up on this game ... that is just enough!

. I can see only introduce with SimBin˙s logo and after that black screen(s) with white mouse arrow on and nothing else happened,

I used to have this happen when I had my monitor using a video resolution that was different to my previous game setting. All I had to do was to change my monitor settings, or change the resolution set for the game using the Config.exe (or change Video and Language options from the main Steam screen.
However, I can't see how to change these settings in RRE, except after running the game and going to Video options (which obviously you can't get to).

Any chance you have made a change to your graphics resolutions or settings since the last time you ran RRE before the update. Or alternatively, maybe you are now running an "unusual" monitor resolution?

BTW, my update went ok too.

It happens to me after using a new headset software and Windows 8.1
First all my games had a black screen and after hat all Windows programs refused to open.

You can clear the resolution with deleting the documents file or the whole folder, I always take the easiest (simple) way.

Tnx all :thumbsup:. I also thought about that, because I changed resolution from 1920x1200 to 5760x1080, but DTM-E 1st demo worked fine with new settings.

I will try Peter˙s suggestion :).

edit:
I removed "C:\Users\Matej\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience" folder and after restart game made new one, but still the same black screens.

TNX for your help guys, there are many other games, so i don´t care too much :).

Last edited:
Well, I found a solution for my problem.

I can start game via beta.game.raceroom.com/ by picking random competition, clicking "Launch event", then I have wait for lobby to appears, quit current session which takes me back to RaceRoom leaderboard and then I must press red button "Back to game" and voila, I am in main lobby of the game.

Who said, life is simple :).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back