R3E Feedback Time

So you've all been playing for a while , you have new content etc .

It would be nice to get some general chat + feedback about the game as it is at present , not what modes its missing but whats there now ...

how you feel the overall performance is , how the cars are balanced , how the ffb is , collisions , graphics etc

things like the FFB is sh** isnt really feedback ; go into depth about what the issue is and throw some ideas at it on what would make sense ....

if we can can you keep it to your opinions and not go into a general back and forth discussion about other peoples opinions

i will do my best to make sure the DEV's read this

many thanks

Andi

My point is that once you stop paying the subscription, you no longer have access to the content or the option to race offline (FACT). Regarding schedules, if you want to be even slightly competitive, you have to pay your dues by turning lots of laps. Road races can be pretty long and that requires meeting a set schedule - not gonna work for me. Add to that - the road racing practice sessions are not very populated from my experience. So, compared to other options, iRacing is extremely expensive for me when you consider how little I actually can use it. It's a luxury I can no longer justify. I get that others can - good for them and iRacing. I wish them all the success in the world but, going forward, a SIM has to have an offline mode for me to be able to get good use out it.

Apparently, I should begin or end every sentence with "IMO". Can you point out where I stated that any of my views about iRacing should be taken as "Fact"? I even ended my reply by stating that it was my personal opinion and that is a "fact" as well so what are you talking about????? That's my view - get over it.

You dont need to be competitive to race on hosted session and about the practice road session, go see the lotus 49 session, they are full. But you probably more into the GT cars and my experience, i always find poeple on practice sessions. Racing against human will always be more fun... You right about not being able to play if you dont pay your fee.

But you said, "if you want to be slightly competitive, you have to pay your dues by turning lots of laps". But is it what you want??? YOu know, iracing put you with other racers with the same strenght based on irating. You always have someone to race with even if your not an alien.

(sry for my bad english)

btw, i tried raceroom yesterday night

i can play 3 screens with iracing with 80fps but have to turn down everything in raceroom. (not a problem, its my pc who is old)

The FFB felt really weird, as soon as you want to turn right or left, the wheel force you in that direction. Probably a setting problem on here. I cannot feel anything when i hit a curb or anything else in the wheel ??

I can honestly say that its easier to start racing in iracing than it is in raceroom. In iracing, you dont need much time to configure your controller and others options, its very simple and it work..

Too much options (raceroom) is like not enough

(sry for my bad english)

btw, i tried raceroom yesterday night

i can play 3 screens with iracing with 80fps but have to turn down everything in raceroom. (not a problem, its my pc who is old)

The FFB felt really weird, as soon as you want to turn right or left, the wheel force you in that direction. Probably a setting problem on here. I cannot feel anything when i hit a curb or anything else in the wheel ??

I can honestly say that its easier to start racing in iracing than it is in raceroom. In iracing, you dont need much time to configure your controller and others options, its very simple and it work..

Too much options (raceroom) is like not enough
What wheel do you use? You maybe have the wrong reversed ffb setting.
I wish there were more ffb settings, like GTR2.

yes GTR2 with the extra settings... and so simple to adjust :thumbsup:
full-15264-36272-gtr2_2012_06_19_13_54_28_16.jpg

hi!! i use G25. i googled it to find what others users are using with that wheel, but not much success.. I will need to spend more time testing it

This can be very useful in understanding what all the options in the menus mean
Click Me

found in that list
Reverse Force Feedback: Enable/Disable force feedback. On some wheels e.g Fanatec, the FFB effects will move towards the opposite direction and will feel unnatural. If this is happening, please enable this setting.

This can be very useful in understanding what all the options in the menus mean
Click Me

found in that list
Reverse Force Feedback: Enable/Disable force feedback. On some wheels e.g Fanatec, the FFB effects will move towards the opposite direction and will feel unnatural. If this is happening, please enable this setting.

thx. I will need to turn the game into english. its in french and i dont understand all the setting option translated in french, not good heh? :) im so used to english term now

Just another game feedback:

If you are tired from work... or from fighting against your inner and outer demons, in my case nervousness and a sometimes tricky ffb ;) following suggestion: get the reduced Radical SR9 AER and have fun e.g. on Suzuka East Course. I find this car particularly easy and neutral to handle it's fast and responsive. Add the open cockpit, great engine and also nice headwind sound (thx devs), ride it without traction control and you may spend some entertaining time. The nice ffb is easily perceptible on the varied r3e France course. Just wanted to share this.

Have fun Rupe, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
As time is relative, the faster we drive the sooner we might meet on the route ;)

(I wanted to edit my previous post in order to add this and not congest the thread. Found out that edit function is available to premium members, got it, no problem.)

All i can say is AMAZING love the Radicals.
I defiantly have to work on my heel toe technique, only lasted 3 laps before it was missing gears.. OOOOPS,
plenty of time to practice before mp arrives. I think i need it
i wanted full sim and ive got it.... me and my big mouth, i know i can adjust a few settings but this just blows my mind..(I LOVE IT)
love the sounds this things makes..
I think im falling in love all over again...:redface:

I defiantly have to work on my heel toe technique, only lasted 3 laps before it was missing gears.. OOOOPS,
i wanted full sim and ive got it.... me and my big mouth, i know i can adjust a few settings but this just blows my mind..(I LOVE IT)
They did a good job on the gearbox damage.

Its how I would expect a gearbox to behave with the abuse ive just given it.

Maybe some drops of virgin olive oil on the clutch may help ;)

Concerning an immersive gameplay experience, I think you are close to it with this car. Imho some aspects of this piece of software already provide a certain artistic fingerprint. I like that in conjunction with the more technical part.

Suggestion to simbin: add a simulation of flies crashing against an imaginative helmet visor in accordance to the speed of course, and a siren should warn you when you get one in your mouth ;)

Glad I'm not the only one having a nightmare with gearbox damage on certain cars.
Radical is 5laps avg. i did get 15laps by extending my clutch operation but still ended with a failed 'box, and down 3-5secs on suzuki full with this slower clutch use.

I'd expect the Radical (and a number of other race kit in R3E) to allow flat shift/clutch-less up shift but seems not. Not sure what they have in real-life though...

I really hope there's something to help learn new cars; some sort of display to show how your driving (good/bad clutch use; the game can obviously detect it), that or one of the guys who has mastered the Radical to give a how-to video.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back