R3E Feedback Time

So you've all been playing for a while , you have new content etc .

It would be nice to get some general chat + feedback about the game as it is at present , not what modes its missing but whats there now ...

how you feel the overall performance is , how the cars are balanced , how the ffb is , collisions , graphics etc

things like the FFB is sh** isnt really feedback ; go into depth about what the issue is and throw some ideas at it on what would make sense ....

if we can can you keep it to your opinions and not go into a general back and forth discussion about other peoples opinions

i will do my best to make sure the DEV's read this

many thanks

Andi

Obviously I haven't found any "magical" settings as is shown by my pathetic lap times:( but I'm still looking! Back to the endless testing....
Glad to hear there isn't any difference from comps to track test.

Ok, here's my current feedback -
I downloaded this from Steam when it was first released, and it was just too power hungry. I did not have the greatest system, but even so, Phenom 2 960 3Ghz, 8GB ram and 2 x HD5750s in Crossfire & Eyefinity should be able to play this game even if with reduced graphics. But I could not, it was just too juddery & unresponsive.
Months later, I have upgraded to an HD7950, and I downloaded R3E again - the game is much smoother and at least it is possible to drive it now. But I'm sorry, with my G27 I still find the car handles like a boat, wallows around, no sharpness or stiffness to the general feel of it. I am finding it difficult to enjoy driving this even though I really want to.
I have spent a lot of time trying to tweak the control settings and it has improved, but really, a popular wheel like the G27 should work better out of the box.
I am also disappointed with the potential price outlay - I have no intention of getting drawn in to this purchase plan - if I buy one car or one track, it will be a downward spiral - I will want the next and the next. Yes, I believe that is your aim, get the customer hooked so they keep buying, but I do not think this is a fair system so I will not even dip my toe in to buy one item.
Please take this as genuine honest feedback, not complaining. I have thoroughly enjoyed all SimBins work, and many, many other race sims. But you must first sell me a game with a good value amount of content before I would even consider buying extra content.

I just played on the new track "Circuit Zolder" and WOW I am blown away by the force-feedback now. I'm used to driving the P4/5 and whatever they did with ffb and this new track is just amazing. Keep it up! For the first time in this game I truly feel connected to the road. Anyone else agree?

I just played on the new track "Circuit Zolder" and WOW I am blown away by the force-feedback now. I'm used to driving the P4/5 and whatever they did with ffb and this new track is just amazing. Keep it up! For the first time in this game I truly feel connected to the road. Anyone else agree?

Is the feel completely different? I have really been trying to improve the feel with the P4/5 at Monza and I'm not having much success. Does the FFB or "feel" vary with each combo of car and track? I also use different wheel settings (sensitivity and lock) with each car and track, is that true with others or does the SimBin staff feel that is necessary? Thanks for any feedback - KG

Is the feel completely different? I have really been trying to improve the feel with the P4/5 at Monza and I'm not having much success. Does the FFB or "feel" vary with each combo of car and track? I also use different wheel settings (sensitivity and lock) with each car and track, is that true with others or does the SimBin staff feel that is necessary? Thanks for any feedback - KG

The FFB seems to be hit or miss with this game. Sometimes it's fantastic and sometimes it isn't. I've learned that it requires me to constantly tweak my in game FFB settings from track to track and car to car. When I made that comment it was feeling right, then the next day I changed the FFB for a different car or track and it went away again lol. Thats my big issue with this game I really wish they would implement an option to adjust FFB for each car and then let you save the settings like rfactor2 lets you do.

On the whole, I'm really liking the feeling/physics/ffb of this sim. The other day I tried the Zakspeed at suzuka and to be honest I was blown away....

Can't wait for multi-player to come...that's when I'll start chipping in as single player/hot-laps does nothing to me.

This will be a "must have" game for me for sure. :)

The FFB seems to be hit or miss with this game. Sometimes it's fantastic and sometimes it isn't. I've learned that it requires me to constantly tweak my in game FFB settings from track to track and car to car. When I made that comment it was feeling right, then the next day I changed the FFB for a different car or track and it went away again lol. Thats my big issue with this game I really wish they would implement an option to adjust FFB for each car and then let you save the settings like rfactor2 lets you do.

Write a ticket to the Support with that ;)

Pro:
- great and challenging R3E France track layout
- 5 different handling cars
- sounds, physics, ffb
- appropriate DX9 graphics

To improve:
- physics, ffb (in some connstellations, tweaks needed?)
- communication! (knowing that it is a small team)
- seen the pricing model, try before buy period should be longer

Missing:
- DX11 graphic/effects
- look-to-apex function
- function explanations and some comfort options (well, it's still beta)

Contra:
- vRP x.99 stuff, transparency please
- real name and personal data:
surely not for an online product that I don't know, should be possible later on

kgriffall said:
... Does the FFB or "feel" vary with each combo of car and track? I also use different wheel settings (sensitivity and lock) with each car and track, is that true with others or does the SimBin staff feel that is necessary?
o0thx11380o said:
The FFB seems to be hit or miss with this game. .... I've learned that it requires me to constantly tweak my in game FFB settings from track to track and car to car. ... Thats my big issue with this game I really wish they would implement an option to adjust FFB for each car and then let you save the settings like rfactor2 lets you do.

I'm experiencing the same: used different lock and sensitivity settings with each car/track/track layout, FFB feeling ranges from awesome to frustrating also depending on car/track combination. But it has to be put in following context: I'm using the Momo wheel whose rotation degree is limitated to +-200. With a 900 degree wheel (which I unfortunately had to return due to hardware defects) I was instantly faster as the steering was easier and smoother, mainly in tight left-right curve combinations and hairpin curves. I guess that the limitated rotation range is to short to allow an accurate FFB effects resolution, it feels as if the effects were compressed which results in a lack of accuracy and smoothness. And that's the point. Depending on car/track it's hard to find the right compromise in the sense that I'm looking for smooth but accurate steering and strong, crisp, non-dampered but gradual effects. Sounds as if I'm looking for the holy grail, doesn't it. Maybe due to the limitated rotation range, I think that both steering and FFB also depend on each other. Of course, prior to deal with ingame FFB you have to find out your personal driver/profiler settings matching your needs.

After having dealt with different lock/sensitivity settings per car/track which gave very good til satisfying results but which was much work and time consuming, I'm now trying with a fix independent FFB profile (ingame) and 100% steering sensitivity and just alter the lock from 8 (default minimum) to 10. In order to find out a strong and nuanced effects base I used a nervous car and focused on the effects prior to the car handling in a way of beeing as fast as possible. Now I'm trying to get comfortable just by changing the lock depending on the car and track. It ended up in a more difficult car handling but also a more nuanced driving experience and better line feeling. After lots of training I got faster with some cars however other ones remain hard to be correctly controlled but at least sliding feels better now ;) Compared to my former setting concept, I found e.g. a better wheel setup for Zakspeed Capri on Portimao (former try before buy deal) than this time on Suzuka.

A main issue with the limitated rotation range together with strong lock/sensitivity and FFB settings remains to reduce that kind of self-steering when leaving tight curves after having released the wheel to its neutral position, as if the car was stuck on a rail. A positive impact of stronger settings is that car setup changes are better transmitted.

On the whole and although my impressions range from excitement to frustration, I like this game so far as some car/track/ffb constellations make me really enjoy driving a lot even "only" in singleplayer mode. I believe in this game's potential but I do hope that the devs are focusing on its simulation aspect.

I am also disappointed with the potential price outlay - I have no intention of getting drawn in to this purchase plan - if I buy one car or one track, it will be a downward spiral - I will want the next and the next. Yes, I believe that is your aim, get the customer hooked so they keep buying, but I do not think this is a fair system so I will not even dip my toe in to buy one item.
+1

And I think that's the main reason why this game doesn't have much attention on forums everywhere. People don't want to be drawn into such pricing plans. They want a full game they can buy, want to try everything at least once.

Seriously in popularity you have something like this now when it comes to racing on SIMracing sites:
1. Assetto Corsa
2. iRacing
3. rF2
4. Project Cars
5. Race07
6. GTL
7. rF
8. GTR2 + mod
9. Forza
10. Gran Turismo
11. GRID2
12. Formula 1 game
20. R3E
21. live for speed

I just can;t see how Simbin doesn't see it's not popular. Just look at the number of views on Youtube videos..

+1

And I think that's the main reason why this game doesn't have much attention on forums everywhere. People don't want to be drawn into such pricing plans. They want a full game they can buy, want to try everything at least once.

Seriously in popularity you have something like this now when it comes to racing on SIMracing sites:
1. Assetto Corsa
2. iRacing
3. rF2
4. Project Cars
5. Race07
6. GTL
7. rF
8. GTR2 + mod
9. Forza
10. Gran Turismo
11. GRID2
12. Formula 1 game
20. R3E
21. live for speed

I just can;t see how Simbin doesn't see it's not popular. Just look at the number of views on Youtube videos..

I kind of agree and hate these pricing plans....BUT...then why iRacing is in 2nd place?

I kind of agree and hate these pricing plans....BUT...then why iRacing is in 2nd place?
iRacing was the first, iRacing has the edge on quality with laserscanned tracks.
iRacing has the well known drivers like Villeneuve.

iRacing has the customers that want to pay like this. These customers won't step back and join R3E.
The customers that didn't join iRacing also don't like R3E..

iRacing was the first, iRacing has the edge on quality with laserscanned tracks.
iRacing has the well known drivers like Villeneuve.

iRacing has the customers that want to pay like this. These customers won't step back and join R3E.

I am an iRacing customer. And I prefer R3E physics/fffb feel etc. than iRacing. And I am liking R3E. And most probably I'll stop paying iRacing and join R3E.

We'll see.

I am an iRacing customer. And I prefer R3E physics/fffb feel etc. than iRacing. And I am liking R3E. And most probably I'll stop paying iRacing and join R3E.

We'll see.
ok, I should've posted the word 'generally' between customers and won't.

iRacing has the customers that want to pay like this. These customers generally won't step back and join R3E.

Still, you're indeed a iR customer and you're fine with the pricing plan.. That's a match in what I thought..

Everyone has his/its flaws.. I bought a dev pass for Project Cars in 2011 I think because I thought it would be something great I wanted to be part of... Haven't been able to race at all since my pc can't really run it, or the detail is shockingly low because they haven't really implemented 'medium' textures etc..

And now most of the test content is not available for me because I didn't buy a pass of at least €50..

I currently subscribe to iRacing but, it doesn't fit my limited schedule and the lack of AI makes it boring when you have limited time to play (hot-lapping) so something like RRRE can be a good substitute once it has more features. I'm not crazy about the pay-model either but, everything is getting more expensive and I'm not surprised that developers are having to find more ways to increase revenue.

iRacing is just plain expensive unless you have the time to take full advantage of what it has to offer and when I unsubscribe to the service - I lose my investment completely. The longer you use iRacing, the more you have invested - the more you lose when you stop. It may be considered a bargain for some but, for me it is a luxury I can no longer afford.

Given the choice between paying more money to have more quality SIM choices on PC vs. few or no new SIMS for little money - I'd choose the former every time. I do have to find a happy medium in terms of value though - so RRRE is a better deal than iRacing but, not as good as rF2 and the like. Of course, this is my personal opinion based on my circumstances.

Haven't played both games
don't like the way of payment in both games
but at least you still own the content after you've bought it with R3E
in Iracing you only 'rent' it for as long as you pay...
If R3E is good it won't hold me back to purchase lots of tracks
i'm a guy who sticks with a few cars so that might save me some serious money in this case :p

really want to know when they start implementing stuff like multiplayer, tirewear etc.
I know it's difficult to give correct info about the progress, given its a small team
but SOME info would be nice... :sleep:

I know it's difficult to give correct info about the progress, given its a small team
but SOME info would be nice... :sleep:

It's not difficult at all. They could have 1 person taking care of all the news, responding to questions even if it's with a 'tbc'.
Take for instance ARMA 3. I bought this couple months ago. It's now went to the Beta stage, in the Alpha there wasn't much content and it was buggy as hell. But it allowed you to do things with the editor, play online multiplayer and download mods/missions.
And guess what? Every 2 weeks they release a statement of where they are going, how they are addressing bugs and so forth. As well as regular updates to the game engine.
And the biggest stick in the throat is they are a small team of developers!
They constantly update via Facebook, Twitter etc and give YouTube people early access to stuff, allow them to broadcast it and garner some hype.

It's not that Simbin can't give us what we ask for (feedback and progress reports) they won't.
A similar size dev team in Bohemia Interactive have in my eyes put Simbin to shame. They really have.

On the whole and although my impressions range from excitement to frustration, I like this game so far as some car/track/ffb constellations make me really enjoy driving a lot even "only" in singleplayer mode. I believe in this game's potential but I do hope that the devs are focusing on its simulation aspect.

Thanks for the reply and your insights. I agree with the excitement and frustration part completely! I think I got stuck on the P 4/5 and Monza and just can't get it right so I was frustrated but a simpler approach as you suggest is where I will have to go. I have a new wheel and pedals also (Fanatec CSW) and so I seem to have so many variables that I can't get it right but still having fun.

Tuning the car is still a bit of a mystery (change the rear wing and it has a great affect but change the anti rollbars to the extremes and it hardly does a thing!) so I'm really trying to figure out which changes work and which don't seem to affect the car at all. Can't buy a real P 4/5 (most likely couldn't drive it either:( ) so I don't know what would affect the car in real life but still it keeps me occupied and out of trouble.

I also agree that the Zakspeed is a great car and really fun to drive although I wish they would have had the comp last a little longer so that those of us who work and live on the other side of the pond had a chance to drive it a little more. Good luck and thanks again for sharing your experience with this game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back