R3E | Daytona International Speedway and 2019 Porsche 911 RSR Announced

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have dropped two excellent new content announcements for RaceRoom Racing Experience - the immense Daytona International Speedway and Porsche 911 RSR (2019) are both heading to the sim!

Perfect timing with the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona kicking into action this coming weekend, the legendary American sportscar circuit is one of the (imho) most underrepresented circuits in sim racing - and somewhere that should make an exceptional addition to RaceRoom Racing Experience and their large array of Prototype and GT racing cars within the sim.

As this is very much an early announcement, little is known about the new content at the time of writing - short of a preview image found at the foot of this article, and a proposed Q2 release date for the DLC.

As well the big Daytona reveal, Sector3 Studios have also confirmed the final Porsche model to be published from the recent Porsche themed DLC releases... Running in both GTE and GTLM at the classic endurance race, the 911 RSR (2019) should be a worthy new machine for players of RaceRoom Racing Experience to enjoy.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively on PC now.

Got something you need to know about the sim? Head to the RaceRoom sub forum here at RD, start a thread and let our awesome community help you out!

R3E - Daytona and Porsche 911 RSR 2019 Confirmed.jpg

@balage06 I should've probably added "for me" to not suggest an authoritative opinion. I just don't enjoy driving them following the updates that have been done to them last year (probably due to some suspension adjustments). I find them absolutely horrible after a few laps - for me, they have an almost unpredictable tendency to suddenly snap into oversteer at the worst possible moment. I used to enjoy driving them quite a lot, now it's just a horrible chore and an exercise in frustration. Some setup tweaks can help, but not really.

But plenty of people still like them, so I'm sure it's just me not being able to drive them well. But I would rather do a two hour race in the Greenwood Corvette than a few laps in any of the rF2 GTEs, as I would enjoy the former a lot more than the latter.

Last edited:
But I would rather do a two hour race in the Greenwood Corvette than a few laps in any of the rF2 GTEs.
Same...
Greenwood Corvette endurance on Sonoma with H-Shifter and high FFB over just 5 Laps with the rF2 GTE cars on Le Mans with activated LeMans Kit.

I'm really looking forward to the RaceRoom RSR .II, unfortunately the new RSR doesn't sound as epic as its predecessor, but we will see. :)

Thrilled to see Daytona added. I've driven it in real life both day and night in my Corvette Z06 and my Miata many times. Although it is not really a technical track, it is exciting being on the banking and also the entry into the 'Bus Stop' along with late braking going into turn1. I only had the gonads to do 174 MPH in my Corvette, and in the Miata at 120+ MPH it's like driving on a freeway getting ones arse kicked. :)

With the release, there will be probably another package with fixes coming with it, they used to do this for quite some time now this way.......

AI issues and pitlane-cut-track bugs are already reported and confirmed to be worked on, for example.
Let’s hope so I don’t mind buying new content, but when u spend money then find most of the ai fly of the track like they are on ice it’s very annoying. It’s very much game breaking and not very good.

Let’s hope so I don’t mind buying new content, but when u spend money then find most of the ai fly of the track like they are on ice it’s very annoying. It’s very much game breaking and not very good.
Yes, this is already aknowledged, it's also reproduceable, it's a problem with the pathing, if i have understood it correctly, they will fix it for sure :)

The RSR is very interesting because i have a feeling we haven't seen a perfect representation of this car in sim racing yet. I have driven this car in Project Cars 2 (bad sounds) Forza 7 (not authentic enough) GT Sport (feels and sounds like a GT3R) and Assetto Corsa. In the latter, the steering feels a bit off to me and hyper-sensitive. Not so sure about the sound in AC. The RSR is one of the wildest sounding race car out there, so it should sound ear-shattering in Raceroom. At least i hope so.
The 911 RSR 2019 is a completely new car. The other games all feature the old car from 2017.

RaceRoom would have to come out with some different type of car mods if they were to do Ovals, which I dont see them ever doing. So I doubt this version of International Daytona will have the Oval. Nice to have another American track added to RaceRoom.

Looking forward to this. Just wondering when the next sale will be so I can load up and buy this along with some other content that I'm missing.

Since they put the ranked lobbies on Raceroom I've been able to find some half decent public racing of late. The title has come alive again for me.

Anyone got any tips on wheel set up? I have a Fanatec CSW v1 and the steering and FFB seem a little off from what I remember.
(I have deleted and completely reinstalled the game)

Great addition! Daytona roval is underrepresented I think, so great to have it come to a quality sim like R3E.

The 911... honestly, I have a touch of Porsche fatigue, I think. I'm neither a Porsche fanboy nor a hater. I respect the company and the fact they have a rabidly enthusiastic following, it's just that from where I sit all these different 911 variations sort of blur together for me.

AMS2, ACC, it's the new generation, R3E, rF2, AMS, it's the old generation, they need to stop DLCs and move to anothe engine....

I've been thinking that for a while now. However, R3E is still a very, very enjoyable sim at the moment and certainly one of my go-to sims at the moment. I'll still buy the DLCs they offer if they appeal to me (and Daytona certainly is a must.)

My only question is: with the huge amount of content already available, is a move to another engine even possible? Will they have to redo all the cars and tracks?

RaceRoom would have to come out with some different type of car mods if they were to do Ovals
Im not so sure this comment is extremely logical.:geek:
Because as a former member I can remember when iRacing launched the Monza oval - and a lot of us Lotus 79 drivers enjoyed ourselves racing against the Dallara DW12 thingy.
And to the best of my knowledge the Lotus isnt a car("mod") aimed specially at ovals.:thumbsup:
Right?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea