R3E | Daytona International Speedway and 2019 Porsche 911 RSR Announced

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have dropped two excellent new content announcements for RaceRoom Racing Experience - the immense Daytona International Speedway and Porsche 911 RSR (2019) are both heading to the sim!

Perfect timing with the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona kicking into action this coming weekend, the legendary American sportscar circuit is one of the (imho) most underrepresented circuits in sim racing - and somewhere that should make an exceptional addition to RaceRoom Racing Experience and their large array of Prototype and GT racing cars within the sim.

As this is very much an early announcement, little is known about the new content at the time of writing - short of a preview image found at the foot of this article, and a proposed Q2 release date for the DLC.

As well the big Daytona reveal, Sector3 Studios have also confirmed the final Porsche model to be published from the recent Porsche themed DLC releases... Running in both GTE and GTLM at the classic endurance race, the 911 RSR (2019) should be a worthy new machine for players of RaceRoom Racing Experience to enjoy.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively on PC now.

Got something you need to know about the sim? Head to the RaceRoom sub forum here at RD, start a thread and let our awesome community help you out!

R3E - Daytona and Porsche 911 RSR 2019 Confirmed.jpg

Updating or upgrading perceived deficiencies with a sim don't always result in an improved experience. Case in point there are sims that look better, have weather, and day night cycles that remain in the steam library like so many books on the shelf that make it look like I am an affluent reader when in fact they are there to keep the shelves clean from collecting dust.
As I have said many a time I appreciate the approach Sector3 has taken and have confidence that when an upgrade to whatever technical spec is required it will be applied and not just to appease the minority or keeping up with the Jones's.

Now back to our regularly scheduled post. So excited about this track and car class being introduced to R3E.

Great, will be able to recreate the 3 hour Daytona prototype challenge in the rain! Oh wait a minute.. it will no doubt be a quality version though and they have added morning to evening transitions of some sort haven't they? Does R3E have DPi or LMP1, 2 or 3 to run on Daytona, if they have they will be old versions no doubt. Still they're beating rFactor 2 with this (official version) although if this means there is laser scanned data of the circuit available Studio 397 could or should also be working on a licence for it I guess?

Beware, the 2019 RSR sounds very different from the previous RSR, due to its lateral exhaust layout.

It's clearly one of the loudest car I recorded in my life though, earplugs are mandatory for everyone with this car, which is extremely rare nowadays.

Soundwise, it has nothing to do with the previous flat-6 melody, but it's really mean and fat, I'm pretty sure you guys will like it ;)
sweet, sweet music and I've no idea why :)

PCars 2 and ACC are both DX11, right? Performance for both of those games has been a point of contention for some time. Meanwhile, AMS, old rFactor2 and old iRacing all run/ran on potato PC's.
I'm not in favour of sticking with old engines for old hardware sake, not at all. But I'm not convinced that a move to DX11 / a new engine will do anything for performance just on it's own. Especially if they start adding stuff. New API's are SUPPOSED to streamline things, make everything more efficient and make best use of modern hardware.

At least, that's what the folk who sell you new hardware tell you. I've yet to see it. How many games still run better in DX11 than 12? Lots.

Yeah that was kind of my thoughts as well.

Yes I agree to some extent that R3E is getting towards the end of it's life.

However it still looks very good (in my view). The detail, the amount of work applied to the tracks and cars is just as good as ACC for example (from an exterior point of view, I know the cockpits are not as detailed but still good).

The bonus as my friend above mentions is on my PC I can run the game at 4k with max everything and it looks glorious. Really good.

Such a nice surprise that Daytona is being added. Would be be great to have maybe Road Atlanta in the future.

My main wish though is if we've had something like this, could we possibly get the IMSA DPi's sometime in the future? That would be brilliant.

That's correct, this is the new RSR model.

R3E had now the first officially licensed M4 GT4, new 718 GT4, GT2 RS CS and the new RSR soon. It's great to have the possibility to take a look at some of the brand new rides and driving them at home in moms basement. :D

Mom's basement? This explains why you have so much time for driving. Everything around you will be managed by your Mom :D ;)

The detail, the amount of work applied to the tracks and cars is just as good as ACC for example (from an exterior point of view, I know the cockpits are not as detailed but still good).

The bonus as my friend above mentions is on my PC I can run the game at 4k with max everything and it looks glorious. Really good.

On my system ACC performs better than RR... And the lvl of detail is INSANE compared to RR.

Just take a look here at the videos for fps and settings and also the pictures in the linked gallery: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/discussing-unreal.60066/page-9#post-1106309

So I´m all in for a new engine/UE4... Can´t wait that DX9 gets finally buried ! :p

KBO00613.jpg

Last edited:
@Andy Kettler 30 visible cars is quiet likely what kills your performance in Raceroom IMO. Raceroom's CPU demand (single-threaded) skyrockets with a lot of visible cars, so the framerate tanks as well.

Personally, I'm running 14 as a good compromise on my R5 2600 (since its single-threaded performance is sadly not that great).

@Andy Kettler
Not many here are against a Raceroom upd to DX11.
But many is (like myself) a bit sceptical against the believes that it will solve almost all graphical and ressource problems for this game.
On my old puter(Xeon x5670/GTX 1060 6Gb) Raceroom is running with about 80-100fps while ACC is running a bit lower.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: While thinking about it then I must admit I have allways had some flickering shading problems in Raceroom. Running 8xSSAA in the driver and 8xMSAA + shadows High in game.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 300 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 266 13.6%