R3E | Daytona International Speedway and 2019 Porsche 911 RSR Announced

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have dropped two excellent new content announcements for RaceRoom Racing Experience - the immense Daytona International Speedway and Porsche 911 RSR (2019) are both heading to the sim!

Perfect timing with the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona kicking into action this coming weekend, the legendary American sportscar circuit is one of the (imho) most underrepresented circuits in sim racing - and somewhere that should make an exceptional addition to RaceRoom Racing Experience and their large array of Prototype and GT racing cars within the sim.

As this is very much an early announcement, little is known about the new content at the time of writing - short of a preview image found at the foot of this article, and a proposed Q2 release date for the DLC.

As well the big Daytona reveal, Sector3 Studios have also confirmed the final Porsche model to be published from the recent Porsche themed DLC releases... Running in both GTE and GTLM at the classic endurance race, the 911 RSR (2019) should be a worthy new machine for players of RaceRoom Racing Experience to enjoy.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively on PC now.

Got something you need to know about the sim? Head to the RaceRoom sub forum here at RD, start a thread and let our awesome community help you out!

R3E - Daytona and Porsche 911 RSR 2019 Confirmed.jpg

i'm pretty sure it's going to be the road course. The road course is a mixture of infield and oval.
Yeah. Thats the reason for my question. hehe you cant have the "infield" without at least part of the oval.
But on the other hand it would be pretty foolish to launch this track without the full oval too as a possibility(IMO):whistling:
I admit it was myself who got into this semi-defending that the (full) oval part should be included.
Its a bit ironic because in all my former years as iRacing member I didnt care to participate in an oval race. It was too boring to me.
But the reason I consider it goofy (sorry:D) if Raceroom doesnt include the full oval part in this release is because there could be a good economic reason to do that.
Because a huge part of iRacings income come from a lot of people who more or less only want to drive on ovals.
So my guess was/is that at least some of these guys would gladly escape iRenting for something cheaper if they was offered the chance.:rolleyes:

Yeah you are right.
But iRacing did also start with only 1 oval.
Okok probably with more than one because they build upon Nascar Racing 2003 ;)
But Raceroom could start with 1 oval - and then when people have used some of the reasonably suited cars on that Raceroom could add more.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Conserning reasonable cars Im thinking about the two Group C cars Nissan/Porsche. Where I can remember I had a good time in NR2003 with the Sauber GTP and in iRacing with the Nissan GTP on socalled rovals where a huge part of ovals were used.:thumbsup:

That's correct, this is the new RSR model.

R3E had now the first officially licensed M4 GT4, new 718 GT4, GT2 RS CS and the new RSR soon. It's great to have the possibility to take a look at some of the brand new rides and driving them at home in moms basement. :D
Incorrect mate, iRacing will apparently also have the BMW M4, remember they've received alot of money from ze Germans recently, the M8 is now the 2019 fixed series car

I've been running some IMSA multi-class Daytona-24 scenarios in AC today. The mod track is okay, but I'm sure the R3E version will be better.
Yes the mod track for AC is okay but not excellent. Might I ask what car content you were running to represent IMSA multiclass?

I was trying to find DPi and LMP2/3 content and it's a bit of a mixed bag between Kunos' content and mods.

The IER mod on RD includes 2014 DPi but the wipers are missing. I contacted them to ask if they could possibly update it.

URD have some nice LMP2 mods but they are sort of unfinished and mirrors and wiper functions are again a mixed bag, I have also contacted them to see if the (paid) content can be updated.

There are Ligier etc LMP3 mods available but low quality rips/conversions from some other title.

The PC2 version looks amazing, but I can't stand driving the cars and the BOP is all over the place.
Yes right now PCars 2 is the only title that can simulate rain and a decent looking track with for example the rooster tails of the car in front blinding you when it's raining, it really is great. And it has the car content out of the box so to speak without having to count on Steam Workshop or content on RD.

I can never get to grips with the PCars 2 FFB though, and yes I've tried all the FFB mods.

SeriousNewb
I don't typically drive the prototypes, so I'm not as particular about them. I just like having them in the multiclass field to make the races feel more authentic. I had been using the DPi mods by GT Planet, but I just downloaded the mods from Rollovers to try them out.

There's not much to add to get from the road course to the tri-oval - just two little bits of straight.
Yeah that was my though too. But introducing a full oval would be completely against Racerooms normal policy of mainly(!) launching small swedish tracks nobody except an old grandma living near the track knows about.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Often her little grandson also use some of his after school time racing on his lil tri cycle on the empty track :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

View attachment 345968

There's not much to add to get from the road course to the tri-oval - just two little bits of straight.

Fingers crossed.:thumbsup:
I think I have got a really good argument for including the Full oval layout in Raceroom!

Often when I have friends over for an evening they want to hear about my sim racing hobby.
And ofcourse they want to try the wheel and stuff out on one of Racerooms virtual tracks.
But because they are quite new to this they allways get frustrated when trying to control the car on a track.
Because they dont know the track!
If I could let them out on an oval then by garantee they would have a much better experience.
Hehe because even a half blind human being can find his way round an oval.:roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: If Raceroom wanted more paying customers in the store they could even make 2 tracks to test any car out for free.
Bridge as it is now and the Full Daytona International Speedway;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%