Question about content manager

apex11

@Simberia
If i download it and install is there anything i need to worry about regards current mods installed?
I want CM but worried about it messing stuff up. Cheers.

I love the added capability of CM but man! is it causing me fits sometimes.
Sometimes when I select the 'start' button to go on track, I'll get the dreaded 'Race canceled' message.
I then have a 50/50 chance it'll continue to the track. Sometimes I'll have to select 'Try again' for it to start the session.
Same issue with replays.
Sometimes, selecting those will yield absolutely nothing...(no crashes to desktop etc.)...just no start of playback.
I bought the full version and think its a great program.
I just need to get whatever is causing my issue sorted.

I love the added capability of CM but man! is it causing me fits sometimes.
Sometimes when I select the 'start' button to go on track, I'll get the dreaded 'Race canceled' message.
I then have a 50/50 chance it'll continue to the track. Sometimes I'll have to select 'Try again' for it to start the session.
Same issue with replays.
Sometimes, selecting those will yield absolutely nothing...(no crashes to desktop etc.)...just no start of playback.
I bought the full version and think its a great program.
I just need to get whatever is causing my issue sorted.
I had this same issue and never got to the bottom of it. Steam would be running and when I used CM to try to join a server, it would say Race Canceled and then the normal AC launcher would start anyway. I uninstalled everything, yes even AC and it took care of everything.Go to the official website and make sure you have all of the Microsoft redistributables installed.

Now I have a new problem with CM. When I try to exit AC, if I'm using CM to launch it, the game hangs for literally minutes and then finally releases so my pc becomes responsive again. Seems to be something to do with replays. My replay files are like 2-5 Gig:confused: sometimes. It's weird, because I only have my replay's set to medium quality and the limit is 1,000mb/1Gig. Totally in the dark on this, but I'm going to post in the forums to see if others are having the same issue.

I had this same issue and never got to the bottom of it. Steam would be running and when I used CM to try to join a server, it would say Race Canceled and then the normal AC launcher would start anyway. I uninstalled everything, yes even AC and it took care of everything.Go to the official website and make sure you have all of the Microsoft redistributables installed.

Now I have a new problem with CM. When I try to exit AC, if I'm using CM to launch it, the game hangs for literally minutes and then finally releases so my pc becomes responsive again. Seems to be something to do with replays. My replay files are like 2-5 Gig:confused: sometimes. It's weird, because I only have my replay's set to medium quality and the limit is 1,000mb/1Gig. Totally in the dark on this, but I'm going to post in the forums to see if others are having the same issue.
I had the opposite happen...file size of replays captured after a CM launched session, were quite a bit smaller. Sometimes as little as 15 mb.
The replays wth that size would sometimes play normally in CM...never in AC launcher.

Sadly, I'm having to part ways with CM for now and go back to the stock AC launcher.
With just CM uninstalled, I did a file verification check and after a restart, AC is once again doing what it did prior (i.e...consistently launching replays correctly, no error message about waiting for end of replay or race cancelled, etc...).
I will hold onto the product key and try the software at a later time.
It simply may be some type of software incompatibility issue in my case.
A real 'bummer' because it has lots of features I really like.
Oh well!...back to the racing.

Might be unrelated, but the recent Steam Chat update caused me all sorts of problems, including Steam suddenly ignoring the drive that all my AC content is stored on.
Yep, I've got a few friends suffering the same situation as those of us in this thread. I've done a complete reinstall of AC, CM and all of my mods (200gb:confused:) and all is good again in my world. I just wish I had an easy fix for others:(

That "Race Cancelled" message happens when you don't already have Steam (not AC) running. If you have Steam going already, it doesn't happen.

And that can be solved by replacing the AssettoCorsa.exe (rename that to ..old) and renaming contentmanager. exe to AssettoCorsa.exe and then copy it to the AC root directory. If you then launch AC it will automatically go through Steam and launch CM with no hassle.

CM is basically a launcher replacement (with additional options) and it will then display "launcher mode" = "replacement" on the CM->settings->drive menu. I have never seen a "race cancelled" since.

And that can be solved by replacing the AssettoCorsa.exe (rename that to ..old) and renaming contentmanager. exe to AssettoCorsa.exe and then copy it to the AC root directory. If you then launch AC it will automatically go through Steam and launch CM with no hassle.

CM is basically a launcher replacement (with additional options) and it will then display "launcher mode" = "replacement" on the CM->settings->drive menu. I have never seen a "race cancelled" since.
This suggestion works like a charm.
I gave it a shot since I was at my wits end and remove CM altogether..
Have not had one anomaly since following your advice.
Thanks.

I'm having this issue. But even changing the name and copying the CM file into the root folder didn't solve the problem. I was driving, I pressed ESC, then the game froze briefly and got back to CM main screen. After that, all I get after loading is Race Cancelled, no matter what I do. The only way I fixed it the last time was uninstalling the whole thing and reinstalling AC.

I'm having this issue. But even changing the name and copying the CM file into the root folder didn't solve the problem. I was driving, I pressed ESC, then the game froze briefly and got back to CM main screen. After that, all I get after loading is Race Cancelled, no matter what I do. The only way I fixed it the last time was uninstalling the whole thing and reinstalling AC.
I just got this same frustrating issue WTF

Just to let @THE Giulliano Larin and @Sean Smith know, the issue I've mentioned above ^^^^^ was light shader patch related.

I wish I could help you guys out since you're still having issues. Have you guys tried going to the light shader discord channel? There is a place in there to discuss CM problems etc etc. Might be your best choice for getting help. They are usually pretty good and quick at taking care of things.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back