Question about Automobilista 2 screen widgets (and a few more things)

I'll admit that I don't race Automobilista 2 very often, certainly not as much as I did A1.
One of the reason was that until recently I had a heck of a time getting a decent FOV going with my new Widescreen, but I seem to have resolved that now.

Aside from the FOV, there are a few things that bother me about the game, and maybe you guys can save me hours of research, assuming I am asking the usual newbie questions:

1) Is there a way to control on screen widgets and what is available to display?
To clarify, I currently have brakes and suspension widget showing, but I know there are more available. I just don't know how to call them up, position them around the screen, and how to map them to my button box so that I don't have to look at the cars in between the widgets.
I remember once activating something by mistake and the entire screen was full of data. Interesting data, but I couldn't see where I was going or how to get rid of them.
If someone can point me to a resource in that regard I'd be very grateful, and yes, it's probably a failure on my part.

2) Is there a way to adjust the gigantic alert to cool the brakes when racing? Since that's the only widget I have, I can see I am overusing the brakes on my own. I don't need a 72pt alert across my screen. Can I turn that off or at least make it less intrusive?

3) What is a good average for the AI settings? They are either murderous bastards or they take turns like nuns driving kids to school. There has to be a setting with good flow and decent competition.

4) This is Off Topic, but I seem to remember a rFactor based game with Argentinian stock cars. The game was a bit rough around the edges, but I loved the cars and the tracks. So different from what we are used to. Any chance Reiza is ever going to bring those car in the game, as it looks like they added some Argentinian tracks that were in that game. As much as I like the oddball cars they already have, I prefer pure racecars to souped up road cars.

5) How are the Reiza default setups? I always need to change the steering radius lower than 18 for most cars (I have a 1080 wheel set at 1080) but it would be nice, at least for some cars, to have ready made setups, if nothing else to learn how to set them up properly by example. Between AC, ACC, RRR and iRacing, everyone seems to have their own system and I just don't have the time to learn a new one.

I'll also take any suggestion for a newbie. From the best cars to drive to how to have fun in game. My particular vice is recreating historical races with as much fidelity as possible. I can't wait for Road America to be released (if I heard correctly) as the CART cars are a blast to drive. The only problem is that those cars at Laguna seca makes me feel like I am driving Go Karts and I am yet to learn the other CART historical track (forgot the name).

Also, naturally I would love to race online, but I am in the US West coast and by the time I am in the mood for racing, everyone else has gone to bed. Apparently the Pacific Ocean is pretty big and by the time Japan and the Aussies wake up, it's too late for me.

Thanks.

Hello! Let me try to answer your questions in order:

1. Yes, what you are looking for is the HUD. There are several "standard" HUDs available, but all can be customised however you see fit. Go into a session and the Options > HUD layout.
2. Same thing. Edit the HUD layout.
3. I am currently enjoying AI set around 105 and aggression at 20. This way, they're not sideswiping or punting me too much, but still put up a bit of a fight. I've seen people use aggression values anywhere from 40 to 100. YMMV
4. Who knows? ;)
5. The default setups are all being overhauled by Tom Tessmer (alias Steelcast27) as we speak, due to the big physics change in v1.3. Tom is great and the new defaults are really very good imho. Steering radius is a matter of personal taste though.

Talking about having fun in the game: That's really a matter of personal taste. Personally, I am not into open wheelers at all so the whole CART thing is not interesting to me, but I've been having fun driving the DPi in multiclass races around Daytona with random weather and a full day/night cycle lately. But with AMS2 it's really "take your pick" as it offers a great amount of car types and tracks that you won't find elsewhere.

With regards to online racing: The rating system is a step up, but it hasn't sparked a major boost in servers yet (apart from the first week). I guess we're still waiting on the integration/cooperation with one or more online services to set up ranked races, provide a fixed schedule and enable league management.

As for one final tip, I can highly recommend getting yourself a custom FFB file. Make sure you backup the original one and then replace it with one found in this forum thread: https://forum.reizastudios.com/thre...orce-feedback-overview-recommendations.11135/

Myself, I am currently using the rFuktor 5.0.3 one with some tweaks I made myself. The files are really just text files with enough explanation to do your own tinkering if needed. It will enhance your FFB experience massively.

In any case... have fun! AMS2 is great and is only getting better.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back