Public servers (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,

I know public servers have a bad reputation, but the past few days, I have been racing on 100mbit mini racing a number of times, and each time, was ruined, more badly than an average public server day.

I have noticed the offenders were from a 'Team' called: VDK. To show you guys what I mean, they had about 3 of their VDK guys, on brands hatch indy lined up blocking paddock hill bend, and there were about 16 cars crashing there thanks to them. They also spam the chat thread with child like comments, and spam with quick chat messages in race.

Max-Yvan Liegrace was with me yesterday when they were also racing and wrecking.

What I cannot understand, is that why a 'Team' dedicate themselves to soley wrecking everyone else's race. Normally, its just one or 2 individuals, but a whole team doing that? It just beggars beleif!

I am so angry after the incident a few mintues ago, that I came here to write this up, to warn you of these VDK 'children' if you ever race on public servers with these guys, I recommend leaving if they are on, as I will be doing that in the future. Persistent wreckers on there every day just totally and utterly kills the game, even more than the odd person who wrecks one or 2 poor souls.

VDK Wreckers:
VDK Pika
VDK Stoffel

I pray that these 2 in particular never bother any of you.

Regards

PS Sorry for my outburts, but this has happened too many times, and normally I put things like this aside, but this has persistently gone on, and therefore, I thought I should at least warn you gentleman, should you wish to race on a public server again in the near future.

Please don't knock admins or RD too much, bear in mind at the end of the day its more often than not hard work, for little or no reward (and defo no money reward) - what can I say I'll stick an extract from a mail I sent to someone earlier today on this very matter instead of going on again :

Awww dont leave the racing club mate - I am in the middle of numerous discussion with Bram, as I think my comments have stirred RD up a bit.. Not in a bad way Bram just wants to know where I am coming from..

(edited out) is my steam id, your welcome to add me mate.

I have to say despite my comments today to Andrew from seeing his posts and been in the same server as him I did feel bad, because tbh, I think hes a decent bloke.. Anyway please stay in the racing club - its a lot of fun and as I am saying to Bram - a lot of it is down to people who know all the ins and out of RD assuming that those of us less experienced know it all too.

Also I think Andrew might think I am a bit of a plank because of some of my 'make RD more accessible to newbies' posts - unfortunately experienced RD'ers cant always see where the forum or the site is lacking because to them its second nature to click this, click that and click on through to what they want - and sometimes any one questioning the forum or server setup because they dont 'get it' all is seen as being either stupid or disruptive. I don't blame em for that - we just need to re-educate them!

unfortunately experienced RD'ers cant always see where the forum or the site is lacking because to them its second nature to click this

Absolutely true. But FYI we are discussing this already for some months behind the scenes. Anthony Williams shook us all up with a great view in a major post what can be improved and what is running good already.

Like is said in the pm, we are open to constructive suggestions to improve the userfriendliness of RD.

Bram - didn't doubt for a minute that this was already been looked into - as with any web presence - what works today wont work tomorrow and if your successful and stand still you WILL fall by the wayside, I wouldn't be waisting my time or other peoples time with posts if I thought for a minute RD fell into the category of standing still and that my posts were to be ignored..

Rob - lol I've seen the Kenny Joker too - first are we 100% sure that this is not idiots using someone else's id's to make them look bad? We need to get their steam id's if possible...

All others - nice huggy, touchy feely, friendly, posts to one another from here on in please - you can get angry over these peeps if you want, but lets not resort to personal attacks on one another - its about moving forwards, improving ourselves, one another and RD - if its negative and not with one of these in mind then think twice about posting it....

I've been on that server during the same times as you Willie, and have been lucky to not encounter the wreckers. It had over 20 drivers yesterday and the race ran fairly smooth. I'm sure I'll meet them eventually.

John;

There were no wreckers, but as for all of the public servers, the standard of driving was shocking. I'm not that fast a qualifier so was staring in the midfield (even running 55:4 round brands indy). But so often found myself back in 22nd or 23rd after some noob shunted me off.

Pity I was too late for the RD wtcc server last night, I'have preferred that to the racing that I did Get.

God I love RD!!!! - Ok so I am only presenting information that has been freely put upon the site here and is open for public viewing - but admin will presumably have more details like IP address and stuff if they want.

For your information the VDK is an abberviation of the Belgian surname - Verdaasdonk as in :

Alain Verdaasdonk aged 39 and Kenny Verdaasdonk aged 14 (both ags last year)

Country of residence : Belgium

Email addresses in public domain : Kennyvdk@hotmail.com and Kennyvdk@perso.be - Please don't use the above info in a disruptive or abusive manner, it is provided with the intention helping someone to legitamately address the problem caused by the Verdaasdonk's. So please no underhand or nasty tactics..

I am glad this was posted - just goes to prove how small a world it is and it did affect RD after all because the plank is a former member here!!! PMSL!

And that you can't assume what you are doing now :) Unless you have their steam id's.

The biggest problem is that simbin doesnt secure the usersnames anymore like they did in GTR, GTR2 and GTL where you had to register a name + password.

Now everybody can take the name he likes and go lunatic on public server with such discussions as a result.
In general the less attention you give them the faster it will go away, thats is why Andrew posted that this discussion is not RD server related.

It took me a while to get myself properly onto RD and honestly with all the races going on a person really doesnt need to bother with the frustrations of openservers.I have always raced in South Africa on our servers ther 2X a week and must honsetly say i am really impressed with Rd servers even being in SA.Dont think there is any need to even look through openservers.

Another name is VDK LeKnots - these are not your average wreckers - they have been going for months and they are not getting bored and going away.

KEEP UP THE POSTS GUYS - apparently elsewhere ont' intertweb thingy Stoffel has details of being 14 and allegedly he races in real life, possibly go karts.

I feel a net closing - ok so its not directly RD related, but it is affecting so many of us - maybe even enough that Steam and SIMBIN might consider it a direct attack on their brands and income streams, how many people don't fire up Steam anymore because they only got as far as installing one game and that was screwed up for them by this group of individuals using the VDK tag. If so Steam has lost all the potential marketing and sales opportunities generated for them by that particular steam install, and as well all know, often steam lures us into adding to our collections far more easily than just putting the game on a shelf in a shop that I may or ma not visit could ever do.. Multiply that by the potential loss of numerous installs and the fact that people may then move to other non-steam titles and the little boys of VDK could over the last six months or so have cost Steam and Simbin quite a bit...

Wonder if they would be interested if someone sent them a thread to this link? Feel free...

I hate them.

I tell one of move what VDK (Very Dumm Kinder) Stoffel done to me. So i was doing hotlap at Brands Hatch Indy he came out of pits and wrecked me at druids. They call me about 3x and i'm quoting "ASS*OLE ASS*OLE ASS*OLE"

I hope you never spot them when you racing into simulation.

They will be good opponent during Burnout The Paradise City Multiplayer i think

Public server invasion

Some of you more active members will have seen posts about getting more of us together in servers and I just thought I would try an little experiment - If you are not signed up for anything and fancy a race with (hopefully if this works) some fellow RD's and the public a couple of us are in the 100mbit Mini Server right now! Currrently on Brands Indy - but tracks circulating - qual - if its not voted forwards (public sever) ends at 20.00 gmt - were not all fast but were having some fun - and with more of us to 'worry' any wreckers we might even get em voted off.. Not that I've seen any in the last hour or so - a couple of VDK's dropped in but left without coming on track, hope they stay away...

cool - race 1 turn 3 and i'm in 14th - not unusual, but I'm in a public server and up to that point, no cars had crashed in front of me, I could get used to this - were at Pubela - horrible tight track at the mo - 18mins qual left - fun all the way - Even VDK Stoffel came in the server and didn't wreck! - he did have the weight of the people to keep himin check tho :dance2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back