Public servers (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,

I know public servers have a bad reputation, but the past few days, I have been racing on 100mbit mini racing a number of times, and each time, was ruined, more badly than an average public server day.

I have noticed the offenders were from a 'Team' called: VDK. To show you guys what I mean, they had about 3 of their VDK guys, on brands hatch indy lined up blocking paddock hill bend, and there were about 16 cars crashing there thanks to them. They also spam the chat thread with child like comments, and spam with quick chat messages in race.

Max-Yvan Liegrace was with me yesterday when they were also racing and wrecking.

What I cannot understand, is that why a 'Team' dedicate themselves to soley wrecking everyone else's race. Normally, its just one or 2 individuals, but a whole team doing that? It just beggars beleif!

I am so angry after the incident a few mintues ago, that I came here to write this up, to warn you of these VDK 'children' if you ever race on public servers with these guys, I recommend leaving if they are on, as I will be doing that in the future. Persistent wreckers on there every day just totally and utterly kills the game, even more than the odd person who wrecks one or 2 poor souls.

VDK Wreckers:
VDK Pika
VDK Stoffel

I pray that these 2 in particular never bother any of you.

Regards

PS Sorry for my outburts, but this has happened too many times, and normally I put things like this aside, but this has persistently gone on, and therefore, I thought I should at least warn you gentleman, should you wish to race on a public server again in the near future.

Guys its time to close the discussion on this subject. We are responsible for what happends on a RD server (club&league) and the forums.
If you want to meet (or invade as you call it) that is your own responsibility but in no way we are associating with this invading, neither do we support it.
As an alternative this is what i can offer: a RACE 07 server open called RACEDEPARTMENT CLUB or something with all cars and tracks installed but with the password of the racing club enabled so we can keep the wreckers out.
We will not host a permanent public server as long as their is no ingame admin option available for RACE 07. Having wreckers as seen on public servers in general won't do us good..

So time to move on and stick to the subject: you can race on an RD server if you like (don't complain if it is empty, be the first to enter and you will see it fills up in no time)

Thats all we can do for now..

Yes daRock unfortunately that is the fact :( Your steamID is unique but the ingame name you can set to anything they want to..
The only way to see if a driver is legitimate is to check the steamID in the result output files.
That is the way we had to ban two drivers out of our league last year where a guy with the same steamID drove with the name of his friends to give them a good spot on the grid. Thank god Ramon's system caught them immediately so racing on our servers in a league is 100% identitycheat free now..
I still find though that the steamID should be your ingame name as well, but then Steam should offer the option to change it like microsoft does with gamertags on the xbox.

• daRock

The only way to see if a driver is legitimate is to check the steamID in the result output files.

Where are those output files written?
edit...................

I just found my answer. It appears the file would only exist until the next race, so any race that you wished to check would have to be checked before entering another.

Interesting.....

As an alternative this is what i can offer: a RACE 07 server open called RACEDEPARTMENT CLUB or something with all cars and tracks installed but with the password of the racing club enabled so we can keep the wreckers out.

Sounds like a good idea. Somewhere for people (like myself) to get to know the racers, get some practise in, chat about setups perhaps, see how you guys race and drive, before joining up to the clubs and leagues where the real stuff is happening (so to speak).

If thats the idea? Unless I've grabbed the wrong end of the stick...

:)

Well,

I know public servers have a bad reputation, but the past few days, I have been racing on 100mbit mini racing a number of times, and each time, was ruined, more badly than an average public server day.

Hi,

Me and a friend in work run the 100mbit servers, we're not a clan/community and don't have forums etc just run a few servers for our own fun etc...

anyway thanks for the heads up about these people and we've have set about banning them from all the servers we run.

Thanks

Mike

P.S hope that is ok with the admins, just wanted to say a thanks for letting us know as we only get on to race a couple of times a week.

Hi,

Me and a friend in work run the 100mbit servers, we're not a clan/community and don't have forums etc just run a few servers for our own fun etc...

anyway thanks for the heads up about these people and we've have set about banning them from all the servers we run.

Thanks

Mike

P.S hope that is ok with the admins, just wanted to say a thanks for letting us know as we only get on to race a couple of times a week.

@Roester: Just a quick thanks from me, even at 1AM gmt there's always a race on those servers. Vaer popular and with low latency. Excellent!

This all seems to have been sorted now :good:
In Public servers this is always going to happen(Unless you join a racing club)
And personally i don't like the fact that people are digging out information about this person(where he works)It's borderline being obsessive, and totally wrong in my eyes.
It's just a game, you always get some idiots.

Also Thanks to Bram for setting up some servers +1 (so we don't need to use Public Servers.)

Edit: Might as well delete the thread(Archive it) or lock i say

Yes I think this should be dropped now.

I think enough has been said, thanks for the comments, some were particulary helpful, such as knowing the time to play on public servers without the idiots joining in, hopefully will see the clean racers at that time in the future.

And thankyou roester. :thumb:

Kind Regards

...It's borderline being obsessive, and totally wrong in my eyes.
It's just a game, you always get some idiots...

In my experience, more than 10 years of INET gaming, the "just a game" premise is a bad start for any argument about INET abuse (be it in games or anywhere over the INET).

For all you or anyone cares this can actually be my live, where I am, it is still more or less a free world

My suggestion for a better premise for basing or starting any discussion/argument about INET game abuse can be: “My freedom ends where yours starts”.
I now remember that INET gaming can actually be the thin line between me being a complete and socially unaccepted psychopath or on other hand being an alienated citizen but totally socially accepted :wink2:
I’ve no intention of pursuing this OT matter, was only answering the “cheap moral" being served above… sorry.

And personally i don't like the fact that people are digging out information about this person(where he works)It's borderline being obsessive, and totally wrong in my eyes.
It's just a game, you always get some idiots.

Ben no info had to be 'dug up' at all . All of the info and far more besides has been posted within the public domain by these people. Information that they themselves have put out there - and can be accessed by anyone with an internet connection.

I accept that newbies to the game will cause chaos at times, as you say, you will always get idiots - the point is that these VDK's unlike most idiots, are not newbies and were not going away, and the wrecking was the least offensive of it, were talking a FULL screen of Yellow Text "F**K YOU A**HOLE" constantly until they get bored of pressing their quickchat key, remember there doing this in groups too, then the endless voting to stop anyone kicking them, I have seen these kids empty an almost full server in less than 10 minutes, and its been going on for months and months...

The guy wants his business name out there, so he gets more business, if he's daft enough to let idiots use a tag and names that make their idiot behaviour and his business details only 2 or 3 clicks away from one another then I can't help that..

Incidentally on another site, one thats 'not very sticky' there is another thread about the VDK's, seems people over there have seen them tooo...

Mi case rests your onour..

Just don't give them anymore attention. The more you shout them not behaving the more joy they will have messing your races.
Unfortunately this won't stop untill their steam ID gets banned by server admins, but and their is the bottleneck, there arent hardly server admins in a public environment so it just keep continueing.
Just leave them and ignore it and it will go away.

:closed_2:

Wrecker alert thread

"What about a WRECKER ALERT THREAD in the FORUM, if you can get others to run it too - between the various forums there will almost always be enough people around to maybe drop in a problem server and do something about it.

Steam and SIMBIN are not doing aything to help the community, so it looks like we gotta try and sort it ourselves."

I think this is a good idea - I am not suggesting invasion parties, that we hunt down wreckers, or that RD members abandon RD's excellent servers, just that if people are in a server with persistent wreckers, they can post a quick note to say so. If other people are not busy and are looking for a server they can not only join and help out in a problem server, but hopefully have some good racing.

The viability and success of such a thread can only be proved by trying it out - so here it is - I hope its a thread that finds little or no use, eventually dropping off the end of the forum lists because theres no wreckers, but I do sometimes dream..

Anyway thats the idea, this is the thread, away you go...

just that what I have seen, and been involved in during the last few days has brought me to the see that a viable solution to persist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%