PC3 Project CARS 3 | 'What Drives You' Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ahead of the game becoming available this August 28th, Slightly Mad Studios have released a brand new trailer for the game, titled 'What Drives You'.
  • New trailer for Project CARS 3 featuring plenty of gameplay.
  • Project CARS 3 releases August 28th 2020.

Less than a month until release day, Slightly Mad Studios have deployed a brand new trailer for their upcoming Project CARS 3 title, showing off to fans plenty of beauty shots from within the admittedly impressive graphical engine within the game.

Project CARS 3 Developer Blog #1 | Design & Physics: Click Here.
Project CARS 3 Developer Blog #2 | Handling: Click Here.
Project CARS 3 Developer Blog #3 | Upgrades: Click Here.

Slightly Mad Studios are expected to reveal the full list of 200+ launch day cars and the various venues that are set to form the initial offering when the game drops this August 28th, with further news on the title and additional gameplay videos scheduled for the coming days and weeks.

Likely to divide opinion within the sim racing community, I'm very much looking forward to seeing what people think of this new direction from Slightly Mad Studios later this month.

Project CARS 3 is set to release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC August 28th 2020.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

Project CARS 3 Footer.jpg

I don't have to. I'm talking strictly about CONTENT and FEATURES. No pit stops....no endurance...not even 1/3 of the cars....and from what it looks like less tracks as well. Even if it drives better....it's still HALF the game compared to other simcades. Like i've said before....in the simcade world.... CONTENT is KING.

I guess I am weird then, cause I always thought game play was greater than content.

Still would like to see more of the gameplay modes in PC3 and the setup menus. Much rather see the reviews after the end of
August for the full game. I dont think the video reviews we see right now have everything in the game. Since there are no pits
for the tracks, I assume besides actual racing, there is just a Hotlap mode where you start on the track behind the S/F line.

Yesterday I looked at the car list and I didnt see any modern F1 cars shown. Maybe adding more to list before release??

For me this would be a replacement game for my GRID or SHIFT games and because of the VR support. Like others I will wait till the price
comes down on this game. Also will watch and read how many bugs the game will have on release. I see the game info is now up on STEAM.

Are we going to have to buy DLC addons after release to get new tracks, or when the game is released that is it for track/car content?

The way people are talking here, I dont see much happening with this game for online live racing.

I'll preorder this, even if it's not what I expected. I went through the stages of grief, many here seem stuck in the anger phase. Try to move on, for your sake.
No Spa due to high licensing fees. No Le Mans, maybe no COTA. That's a shame of course. Otherwise most tracks from PC2 are in, plus Interlagos and some fictional tracks which might be good. Bannochbrae is really good. I had hoped to see more vintage race cars, but look forward to the EV's. Maybe there'll be some nice cars in the DLC.
Some parts of the Madness engine is dumbed down for this (core tyre temp is locked, no fuel usage, no tyre wear), other parts are developed further such as drivetrain flex etc. Timetrial mode seems to be much improved compared to PC2 console versions (I'm on X1X). Still hoping for a nextgen console game with all things back in, down the road.
And Codemasters have nothing to do with this game. They own SMS now, but acquired them much too late to influence PC3. Blame SMS and/or Bandai Namco (the publisher) if you're unhappy.

It's an attack on the integrity of sim racing in subterfuge at the risk of tainting the industry and making us look like fools who will buy anything placed in front of our face disregarding all the money we spent on realism oriented equipment for the sake of an extra dollar in their, CM's, pocket. Other than that it's fine.

pcars 3 does not have classes. The quick race options are literally arranged by the performance rating so you get to race with TCR, GTE, GT4, stadium trucks, classic cars, random cars and so on in your GT3.

it is going to be so immersive to play this game. Even with the flaws of the first 2 games, they were extremely good at immersion while pcars 3 threw everything out.
The class in SHIFT is dictated by the performance rating. That's what i said.

Ian Bell was talking about Project Cars 3 being a Shift successor literally a year and a half before Codemasters ever bought them. It's wild how everyone apparently forgot that.
Of course i remember it and i've been reminding everyone as well. I didn't say that Codemasters made them do it. I only said only that Codemasters prefered the idea of selling to a wider audience. It was SMS's decision to pretty much cancel "project" cars. It was a failed project to them.

I enjoyed PC2, I had issues with it and I wrote a lot of what I wanted improved down in the PC3 improvement thread. But as a VR title it was incredible, very easy to switch cars/tracks/multiplayer/singleplayer it was a complete VR integrated experience and worked entirely from the wheel, nothing else could do that and still can't. I made a bunch of money out of PC1, far far more than I put in to develop an ultimate simulator. Now they are going a different direction and my objection remains only calling it PC3, if it was called Project Cars Shift or Project Cars X then it would separate the series a bit and I would have no issues. It is a tad dishonest however taking the series in a wildly different direction and calling it the third instalment. It will simply have a completely different audience.

While it was SMS decision to change direction, why use the name Project Cars if it was a failure? And if Project Cars was a failure, SMS would no longer be here. WMD members got their money back 4 times over. That's not what I would call a failure.
In case you've didn't know, Codemasters bought SMS. What does that tell you? It tells me they needed some help because their games didn't sell as much as they needed to. Now, if you own a business and you make a product that doesn't sell, wouldn't you consider it a failure? Of course you would. Why would you use the same name for the next product though? I don't know. That's something they know better. The reasons could be many. Marketing issues...recognition...who knows. I guess they wanted to complete the trilogy. It's like Lord of the Rings...but with the third movie being a comedy.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 40 26.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 9 6.0%