PC3 Project CARS 3 | 'What Drives You' Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ahead of the game becoming available this August 28th, Slightly Mad Studios have released a brand new trailer for the game, titled 'What Drives You'.
  • New trailer for Project CARS 3 featuring plenty of gameplay.
  • Project CARS 3 releases August 28th 2020.

Less than a month until release day, Slightly Mad Studios have deployed a brand new trailer for their upcoming Project CARS 3 title, showing off to fans plenty of beauty shots from within the admittedly impressive graphical engine within the game.

Project CARS 3 Developer Blog #1 | Design & Physics: Click Here.
Project CARS 3 Developer Blog #2 | Handling: Click Here.
Project CARS 3 Developer Blog #3 | Upgrades: Click Here.

Slightly Mad Studios are expected to reveal the full list of 200+ launch day cars and the various venues that are set to form the initial offering when the game drops this August 28th, with further news on the title and additional gameplay videos scheduled for the coming days and weeks.

Likely to divide opinion within the sim racing community, I'm very much looking forward to seeing what people think of this new direction from Slightly Mad Studios later this month.

Project CARS 3 is set to release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC August 28th 2020.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

Project CARS 3 Footer.jpg

I'm willing to give PCARS 3 a chance, even though it is going the casual route. A lot of what I seen in the latest trailer has me thinking this is really taking a shot at being Forza. If it has good handling, Good FFB, decent wet weather physics and adjustable FOV, then PCARS 3 is already ahead of FM7.

Majority of the sim elitist will just comment without thinking saying "meh I still will only play AC or rFactor 2." what many don't realize this will be good as a simcade but terrible replicating as a full on simulator.

Not sure what to say after this had leaked out. It looked like some terrible mobile game at this rate. Why SMS? Why did you decide to burn the whole franchise to the ground?

Did anyone ever think that "I would want to drive my nice, fully simulated car through foam walls for points in AC, iracing or rf2"?
Man the Daytona rendition is preposterous.

Cal
I'm willing to give PCARS 3 a chance, even though it is going the casual route. A lot of what I seen in the latest trailer has me thinking this is really taking a shot at being Forza. If it has good handling, Good FFB, decent wet weather physics and adjustable FOV, then PCARS 3 is already ahead of FM7.
To even come CLOSE to "taking a shot" at Forza, first a game needs CONTENT. with only "200+" cars and less tracks....PC3 doesn't even get "in range". And this is why i think the SHIFT route was the wrong decision. With 200+ cars and better simulation than PC2....PC3 would have been a serious player in the sim-racing world. In the simcade world it's simply...nothing.

Majority of the sim elitist will just comment without thinking saying "meh I still will only play AC or rFactor 2." what many don't realize this will be good as a simcade but terrible replicating as a full on simulator.
So if it's a simcade it won't be a simulator. OK sounds simple enough.I'm pretty sure MOST realize this perfectly well. DUH!
The thing is that according to all the "data" we have so far....it's not going to be very good as a simcade either. It has less features and content than the other popular and well established simcades.

So if it's a simcade it won't be a simulator. OK sounds simple enough.I'm pretty sure MOST realize this perfectly well. DUH!
The thing is that according to all the "data" we have so far....it's not going to be very good as a simcade either. It has less features and content than the other popular and well established simcades.
have you played it yet?

Well FM7 had 700+ Cars, a fixed category for racing Hot hatch, retro hot hatch, it made sense, as for those race videos on yt, GT3 mixing with old BMWs and Touring Cars.. I mean... .. . it's ridiculous.
BUT BUT BUT, I think career may have some class based races, not Performance based, we should except some variety there, hotlapping, 1 vs 1, specific categories (brand cars) but for a whole single player experience it sounds a bit too short, like Shift 2 career, from slow roadcars to GT1 category.

Well list of tracks on official website is growing, no Spa, no Le Mans but the rest is here !

And maybe that incredible race engineer from PC2 ?! (inb4 : No)

I don't have to. I'm talking strictly about CONTENT and FEATURES. No pit stops....no endurance...not even 1/3 of the cars....and from what it looks like less tracks as well. Even if it drives better....it's still HALF the game compared to other simcades. Like i've said before....in the simcade world.... CONTENT is KING.

Well FM7 had 700+ Cars, a fixed category for racing Hot hatch, retro hot hatch, it made sense, as for those race videos on yt, GT3 mixing with old BMWs and Touring Cars.. I mean... .. . it's ridiculous.
BUT BUT BUT, I think career may have some class based races, not Performance based, we should except some variety there, hotlapping, 1 vs 1, specific categories (brand cars) but for a whole single player experience it sounds a bit too short, like Shift 2 career, from slow roadcars to GT1 category.

Well list of tracks on official website is growing, no Spa, no Le Mans but the rest is here !

And maybe that incredible race engineer from PC2 ?! (inb4 : No)
Shift 2 had classes. It's probably going to the same with PC3. Depending on the upgrades and therefore the performance, the class will change. That's what we're looking at in the videos. It's different types of cars, but with similar performance. Seriously, anybody who has played SHIFT should already know pretty much exactly how PC3 is going to be. For me there's no secret or surprise, i know exactly what we'll get. No Forza. No GT. Just SHIFT.

Shift 2 had classes. It's probably going to the same with PC3. Depending on the upgrades and therefore the performance, the class will change. That's what we're looking at in the videos. It's different types of cars, but with similar performance. Seriously, anybody who has played SHIFT should already know pretty much exactly how PC3 is going to be. For me there's no secret or surprise, i know exactly what we'll get. No Forza. No GT. Just SHIFT.

pcars 3 does not have classes. The quick race options are literally arranged by the performance rating so you get to race with TCR, GTE, GT4, stadium trucks, classic cars, random cars and so on in your GT3.

it is going to be so immersive to play this game. Even with the flaws of the first 2 games, they were extremely good at immersion while pcars 3 threw everything out.

Looking at the pricing in relation to the car and track list, I came to the conclusion that it is a very expensive career mode. Since I have no interest in career mode, this new game is not for me. Still I hope it attracts a lot of new racing game player that we will be delighted to welcome in our favorite SIMs later on.

The game will be AND is completely garbage as a arcade and sim to me, and it doesn't seem like a SimCade either, it's just bad and Codemasters decided to get a good franchise to just **** it up just like they did it in GRiD. I'm not a "extreme sim fanboy" like "everything needs to be a sim", I do like SimCades and even arcades from time to time(Like the great F1 CE) but PC3 is just bad overall, I just hope almost nobody buys it so maybe they'll get the message, specially after they announced PC3 as "realistic" and "it's a simulator". I did like PC2 as it was fun to race in very different weather conditions and go against the AI but this one isn't for me at all......

The game is not even out yet .

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 252 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%