PC3 Project CARS 3 | 'What Drives You' Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ahead of the game becoming available this August 28th, Slightly Mad Studios have released a brand new trailer for the game, titled 'What Drives You'.
  • New trailer for Project CARS 3 featuring plenty of gameplay.
  • Project CARS 3 releases August 28th 2020.

Less than a month until release day, Slightly Mad Studios have deployed a brand new trailer for their upcoming Project CARS 3 title, showing off to fans plenty of beauty shots from within the admittedly impressive graphical engine within the game.

Project CARS 3 Developer Blog #1 | Design & Physics: Click Here.
Project CARS 3 Developer Blog #2 | Handling: Click Here.
Project CARS 3 Developer Blog #3 | Upgrades: Click Here.

Slightly Mad Studios are expected to reveal the full list of 200+ launch day cars and the various venues that are set to form the initial offering when the game drops this August 28th, with further news on the title and additional gameplay videos scheduled for the coming days and weeks.

Likely to divide opinion within the sim racing community, I'm very much looking forward to seeing what people think of this new direction from Slightly Mad Studios later this month.

Project CARS 3 is set to release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC August 28th 2020.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

Project CARS 3 Footer.jpg

I believe that the game is overpriced, hopefully the regional pricing for the game works so I could give this game a try because its nice to have a lil' arcade (or arcade-ish) game to relax - i.e. I like very much the Forza Horizon games.
Well i like Forza games to relax too. But i doub`t this one will be superiour to Forza. Maybe if it come close i will get it one day on sale.

Geez... customisable drivers, helmet... it's the same commercial appeal bullshit we saw on Forza Motorsport 7, dont take the bad ideas of those games please. nowadays marketing have NO clues... next level is Forza 8 when the creator says, he wants to make Forza a "racing safe space for everyone" (especially rammers I might say).. what the hell are those sentences ?

As Im worried by the absence of Spa and Le Mans probably a rights issue that doesnt look good for Reiza as well for Spa ( a whole DLC was made for Le Mans on Project Cars 2 ), as I dont like the hypocrisy, Ian qualified Forza as a car collector game but it doesnt bother him to grab 100% of it's ideas.

New car list is ok tho, we'll see what kind of DLC will come up, sessions will be customisable hopefully by car or category.

To sum up It was just a chance to produce the cancelled Shift 3 title betrayed by EA corporates, with some added flavours for the mainstream audience.

Last edited:
About the ways to play PCars3, is there only career mode and grinding to get credits to acquire the other cars? Or is there a play mode like we can play any other sim, pick any car, any track, choose opponents and laps and off we go for a quick race.

I'd say that its going to be a combination of both: you can pick the car and do a quick race at any track but the cars that you can choose (and their custom parts) are linked with what you've purchased throughout the career.
This "quick race mode" probably will also have the option to enable/disable the modifications

I'd say that its going to be a combination of both: you can pick the car and do a quick race at any track but the cars that you can choose (and their custom parts) are linked with what you've purchased throughout the career.
This "quick race mode" probably will also have the option to enable/disable the modifications

Just the cars you already have? so that means the players will need to do some grinding to gather credits to unlock the better cars!

About the ways to play PCars3, is there only career mode and grinding to get credits to acquire the other cars? Or is there a play mode like we can play any other sim, pick any car, any track, choose opponents and laps and off we go for a quick race.
I hope it has the same as PC2, just choose a Car / Track combo and Race...not personally into the Career Mode.

Possibly as it is the style with those types of games, especially with the Forza ones (that PC3 takes a lot of inspiration from).
Nah. It's just SHIFT 3. I mean, SHIFT could have been inspired by Forza but it turned out to be very different. Forza is an alternative to GT. A "serious" simcade with HUGE content. SHIFT had less tracks and cars but more tuning and you know...NFS silliness. PC3 is even less similar to the latest Forza. It doesn't even have pitstops anymore and i doubt it's going to have HALF as much content as Forza.

Eh...i don't know what's the deal with FS2020. Some youtubers have stated that it's not THE flight simulator everybody has been expecting. Visually it's on a whole new level...but it might not be as good in terms of SIMULATION. We'll see.
What i'm saving for is Ride 4. MotoGP 19-20 awesome handling....new graphics...new bike models...and ENDURANCE racing with pitstops and all the good stuff. Can't wait!
PC3 is not very high on the list. I might wait for a DLC that adds endurance, pitstops, etc etc.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.