PC3 Project CARS 3 | New Game Announced For Summer 2020 Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have dropped their first reveal trailer for Project CARS 3 - also confirming the game will be available on console and PC this summer.

With two and a half years having passed since Project CARS 2 hit the public stores back in September 2017, Slightly Mad Studios have undergone quite a bit of change, having teamed up with Codemasters and announced their Fast and Furious arcade racer.

Well, the team are back again this year it seems, with the third instalment of the Project CARS franchise due to drop in just a few short months.

Not much is known about the new game at this stage, however the announcement trailer and tweet do suggest maybe a more street car focus for the new title, which is an interesting change of direction from the first two instalments in the franchise.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Stay tuned for the upcoming Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to discuss this interesting new title with fellow simulation fans.

PCARS 3 1.jpg

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....

I still don't know what prompted me to purchase PC2 after so many problems with the first game, combined with Ian Bell being a huge **** towards those who even glanced at the game the wrong way. PC2 was a huge waste of time as well. Not even going to consider a third try. I'll just stick to iRacing and ACC. If I really need something different, there is always RF2, R3E and AMS2.

So, this is basically Shift 3? After 1 good and 3 okay-ish games I am fairly skeptic about this. Though a more accessible sim racer with a proper management/customization segment would be a welcome addition to the lineup but I would not need another Forza, which felt totally flat in many aspects, leaning towards quantity versus quality. Gran Turismo is perhaps a better benchmark for something like this. Maybe after 'failing' at a proper sim they go down the arcade route which is perhaps a bit more forgiving although already populated enough.

I honestly had hopes that SMS would embrace the fun and market this as an exciting racing game, not a sim. Alas, Ian Bell thinks he's a computer god and will never admit anything. From his twitter:
-PC3 is "all of the sim you could want"
-"They handle like they're supposed to :). They don't spin out at every turn, like read cars/race cars..."
He's actually trying to claim that this is a realistic sim. I don't know how anyone can watch the gameplay and say that.

I honestly had hopes that SMS would embrace the fun and market this as an exciting racing game, not a sim. Alas, Ian Bell thinks he's a computer god and will never admit anything. From his twitter:
-PC3 is "all of the sim you could want"
-"They handle like they're supposed to :). They don't spin out at every turn, like read cars/race cars..."
He's actually trying to claim that this is a realistic sim. I don't know how anyone can watch the gameplay and say that.

His surname is rather fitting isnt it :roflmao:

news about 18 month's ago

''One title coming to the Mad Box could be the upcoming third installment of the Project CARS franchise Bell recently hinted about, Project CARS 3 (for a lack of a better name right now) will move away from Project CARS 2 Sandbox concept and move more into the direction of the company’s past Need for Speed Shift titles.''

''Despite the “less sandbox, more fun” approached outlined by Bell, Project CARS 3 will still aim to provide a realistic racing experience.''

So they partnered with Codemasters before? After seeing this trailer, I feel like they're trying to make a more arcadey game again, which kinda stinks but tbh I don't really blame them since they're seemed to miss it when they go for sims. Everything is speculation atm though.

Absolutely rolling with laughter that the forum that did nothing but call PC1 and PC2 arcade trash are now acting like SMS has committed a mortal sin against them for going slightly more arcade.

Also, the guy who made Driveclub and Motorstorm is working on this. Neat!

Incidentally, I'm quite surprised at how positive the reception is over on twitter. This game might be a secret success.

Feels like the more sim like roots are all gone. Pcars 3 looks like grid, shift or a Forza now. It is weird to see the preview. I can understand where SMS is coming from as almost every studio is making sims when the more arcade side is still quite barren. Why not do a more arcade game?

Feel like the real Pcars 3 is AMS2. Thank you Reiza for bringing group c, GT1 and so on.

They took my list of things I wanted for PC3 and did the opposite. If they were going to make a NFS/Shift game they could have at least changed the name rather than calling it Project Cars 3. PC2 wasn't the best of sims but it sure was trying to be and it needed its physics and FFB fixing and it could have been decent. Oddly it sounds like this will contain scheduled matchmaked multiplayer based on safety and speed, which seems odd for a 2 lap shift game, that is the sort of feature that would have worked nicely in PC2.

Full arcade game, of no interest to me.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea