PC3 Project CARS 3 | New Game Announced For Summer 2020 Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have dropped their first reveal trailer for Project CARS 3 - also confirming the game will be available on console and PC this summer.

With two and a half years having passed since Project CARS 2 hit the public stores back in September 2017, Slightly Mad Studios have undergone quite a bit of change, having teamed up with Codemasters and announced their Fast and Furious arcade racer.

Well, the team are back again this year it seems, with the third instalment of the Project CARS franchise due to drop in just a few short months.

Not much is known about the new game at this stage, however the announcement trailer and tweet do suggest maybe a more street car focus for the new title, which is an interesting change of direction from the first two instalments in the franchise.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Stay tuned for the upcoming Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to discuss this interesting new title with fellow simulation fans.

PCARS 3 1.jpg

I love how for years, on any mention even vaguely mentioning the PCars series or even just the Madness engine, simracers cry and whine about how horrible the series is and how it is just a stupid simcade that should never even be mentioned in the same sentence with "real sims".

So now they announce a game that seems to be on the arcade side, and the simracing community whines about how horribly arcadish the game looks, how embarrassing it is for Reiza to make a better game than them and how much of a let down the announcement is.

You really can't blame a developer for apparently not wanting to have anything to do with simracers.

Tbh they never fully satisfied anyone on the "hardcore sim" market, so why not try something different ? I've liked a lot grid and NFS Shift back in the days. We have plenty of really good sims already so an old school arcade game is fine to me, it's just going to be different.

Sadly from the in game footage on gameriots channel we see its a pure arcade console game. If I wanted that I'd just go and play Horizon 4 ....disappointing to say the least for many of their fans. :(

I love how for years, on any mention even vaguely mentioning the PCars series or even just the Madness engine, simracers cry and whine about how horrible the series is and how it is just a stupid simcade that should never even be mentioned in the same sentence with "real sims".

So now they announce a game that seems to be on the arcade side, and the simracing community whines about how horribly arcadish the game looks, how embarrassing it is for Reiza to make a better game than them and how much of a let down the announcement is.

You really can't blame a developer for apparently not wanting to have anything to do with simracers.

Not liking Slightly Mad Studios has nothing to do with your taste in games. Remember the Mad Box?

No problem at all, unless some idiot declares that the physics have been ‘upgraded, and consolidated’.
But from someone unable to write correctly a nine words sentence...

the announcement trailer and tweet do suggest maybe a more street car focus for the new title, which is an interesting change of direction from the first two instalments in the franchise.
Interesting, maybe ...for some.
Definitely not for me. :(
Damn.. PCars2 was close to perfect except for that goddamn handling physics but no, let's make a fancy mobile game..
Agree.
They should just upgrade 2 to 3.
How hard that could be... 3 comes after 2, right ? This is something else... :(
well, you might be surprised but if AC has sold some 1.5 milion copies and Need for speed Heat sold 150 milion copies, you are asking the wrong question there
it's disapointed for sim crowd, but we are minority so yep, sad to see them going more mainstream, but not really all that surprising
Really ? Are the numbers THAT bad ?? omg :(

Interesting, maybe ...for some.
Definitely not for me. :(

Agree.
They should just upgrade 2 to 3.
How hard that could be... 3 comes after 2, right ? This is something else... :(

Really ? Are the numbers THAT bad ?? omg :(

No, they are not. Need for speed shift, as an example, had an all time peak player comparable to AMS 1...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back