PC3 Project CARS 3 | New Game Announced For Summer 2020 Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have dropped their first reveal trailer for Project CARS 3 - also confirming the game will be available on console and PC this summer.

With two and a half years having passed since Project CARS 2 hit the public stores back in September 2017, Slightly Mad Studios have undergone quite a bit of change, having teamed up with Codemasters and announced their Fast and Furious arcade racer.

Well, the team are back again this year it seems, with the third instalment of the Project CARS franchise due to drop in just a few short months.

Not much is known about the new game at this stage, however the announcement trailer and tweet do suggest maybe a more street car focus for the new title, which is an interesting change of direction from the first two instalments in the franchise.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Stay tuned for the upcoming Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to discuss this interesting new title with fellow simulation fans.

PCARS 3 1.jpg

If they don't fix their previous FFB or at least match AMS2's FFB... or terrible car sounds, I'm afraid it will just be PC2 in city tracks. As long as they keep options for simulation lovers, I'm fine if they appeal the Forza Horizon crowds... Grid was good after all... it might the title more entertaining. I agree with the comments above formally calling it "Project Cars: City" so there is a clear differentiation between a simulator and simcade... Hopefully, the product can be both...

Personally I hope the guys from Sligtly Mad Studios by PC3 will take the final step to "GTR3".
I.e. with same vast features as in GTR2 - just improved DoF, RealFeel, GFX Engine, etc., and file structure just as easy accesible.
But thats maybe just too much to hope for when the aim is to cover the console market as well....

Edit: Just watched some videos at Youtube. This is definately dedicated to the arcade consumer market :(

Last edited:
Hyped. Their games give great value for money with many different experiences that you don't get in other sims. Examples:
1-Karts,
2- Historic cars
3- Oval/ Indy
4- And driving in cities or in the mountains.

While pC2 kept all the factors and physics models (and here I am afraid they keep pC2 physics or downgrade them while they need to improve instead).

Lets me be honest. First I was like: 'Nooooooooooo, no, no, no, no. God, no, no!'' But then I saw the trailer and the beta-gameplay and I was like: 'Ha-ha!'' Good. For the casual crowd there's Shift 3 / pCars 3. For the hardcore niche crowd there's ACC and AMS 2. I am happy it won't hamper the sales of AMS 2.

Ideally I feel a bit sad for the people who bought all the stock of Simgear and are now buying pCars 3. Asking themselves why this game is ''crap''. Then hopefully they sell all their simgear in bulk onto Ebay and local marketplace-stores with ultra-dupe low prices. Fanatec V3's for 250/280 euro. Huehue.

Personally Codemasters is no more for me. Dirt Rally from Paul Coleman & Co was awesome, but everything then was a letdown. Once great studio's like Codemasters and Paradox are showing signs of EA, Acti-Blizz and Ubisoft.
well, having a bit of experience in the field,
it's not as easy as it seems, as a company you have to make money, and if another company buys you, you need to make even more money then before

it's a sort of evolution which sadly means that the original games tend to be better then the follow ups

we saw with trend with SimBin, EA, - you name it !

we might see the same with Kunos,especially after Lord Kunos left,
we might see the same with AMS, if they get bought by big player

big corporations destroy the market, becasue they want revenue over quality products, that's how it looks like most of the time

but on the other hand, that opens up space for new companies trying to get a share of the market by providing something that's much better then mainstream

and it keeps going around and around,
new small company making great games, until it gets bought off and starts focusing on sales , new company comes up .. etc

what's sad is that in few years time, this might be even worse, if we will see more of a market model that you see for phone games, where the quality is very bad in general , and games are free with tons of ads

This is definitely a simcade game, like Grid, Forza and Gran Turismo. Nothing wrong With that. If it is a good game in that genre I might buy it on a steam sale next year. It is very important With an interesting career mode in such a game. But anyone hoping for PC3 With even more hard core physics must be disappointed now. This game will not be what we Call a simulator. It does explain why they let Reiza use their engine for a proper sim. ASM2 and PC3 will not really be in competiton. Would I have liked PC3 to be like PC2 but have even better physics, absolutely.

Looks like they're not even going to pretend it's a sim this time, so hopefully there won't be a load of marketing BS like there was with PC2 telling us it was going to be the most authentic driving experience ever and turned out to be anything but.

SMS were never suited for the hardcore sim market anyhow, they tend to abandon their software after a couple of patches rather than supporting and developing their products for years like other sim developers.

This might turn out to be a good fun arcade game, but I doubt it will be anything more than that.

Me as a driver and liker of driving sims, I worry when I read about customizing an avatar (hero or legend), that sounds to target much younger generations than me. However this sim might be for me because there are descent racing sims and almost zero cruising sim today. Think how nice it can be to drive a 90's JDM in something like Japanese landscape or Monaco super rich cities during the sunset or sun rise (actually did it in pC2 but time to do it in a better simulator).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.