• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

Project CARS 3 | Customisation To Feature Heavily In New Title

gamer19

2000RPM
Aug 28, 2012
Was passing by... Anything new about Need for Spee... i mean Pcars 3 ? ... :-p

Mouahahahaha !!!
hey fransoa, I was passing by and with a corner of my eye I've noticed...
I mean, it must be me but...
it that a giant phallus on your avatar,:confused: erected and pointing toward upper left corner.
Can't be, right ? And like I said... it must be just me.
:unsure:

BrightCandle

100RPM
Jul 11, 2017
PC2 has some of the best VR support, it doesn't require a keyboard and mouse like AC or iRacing does although its performance with weather was a sore point on its otherwise great VR support. The problem is that in VR it doesn't quite feel right. That is a combination of FFB and the physics of the game and the way the cars turn in the middle rather than at the front. So if they haven't advanced either then PC3 is likely to suffer the same basic problem that driving in VR isn't all that enjoyable. Not to mention all those HUD elements floating over cars and very short races and the extreme motion blur are not going to be nice for immersion or comfort in VR.

A GT like competitor on PC with VR could be interesting but not something I want as I firmly wanting more realistic sims as that just feels a lot better in VR (but I also want dynamic effects for seat of pants and other FFB enhancements that AC and others give as that information is lost with the g forces so has to get added into the wheel but I think it ought to be optional).

Kimmo Kokkonen

Lord GTR3, His master's voice.
Premium
Apr 25, 2009
Kimmo, mate... is this even a real post or what ? :D
Okay, here we go again

Sorry about video quality, video recorder was freeware...today I have much better.

Anyway see this with sound, it sounds perfect for me, this car is not easy to handle at full throttle, this is the car I like a lot. F1 car must be very difficult to drive at full throttle, then it is a real F1. Modern F1 is too easy to drive for me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: gamer19

LibranRabbit

100RPM
Premium
Jun 27, 2015
Put your hand up who owns a performance vehicle and has never, ever changed one item on it, including the type of tires? Even people who buy Ferrari’, Lamborghini's will buy different wheels. Or a new exhaust system is released that gives another sound and hp increase.
I'm looking forward to it, sounds like it will be a blast!

mikeae1

25RPM
Dec 28, 2017
[/QUOTE]

Yes Kimmo, for PC-User its full o.k in my opinion.
I like PC2 also, not "full in love :) - like for fun"

But to get in the Area of "Simulation" - far away, in my opinion only rF2 and iRacing named RacingSim in 2020.

A turbo F1 Car from the 80s to simulate is in my opinion more than difficult.
Warm tyres and you have wheelspin in 3-4 Gear !!
Or hard understeering, but this limit dont reach a typical human. Only the "Stars"
(i talked a lot with Nigel Mansell for example - he is fantastic, or other Real Driver with great Racing-Talent)
I drive only historic Touring Cars in Realtime and my Talent is very limited. I am happy to dominate heel and toe and havent less understeer than oversteer :) . Began with Motorsport in the 80s with Corolla AE86 and than at home with GP 1 :), to learn about Racing-Line etc. This helps a lot and today its the same, help for find the Racing-Line. Tyre-management and so on, but
doesn't take it so seriously - its not real - its a nice help.

Alex72

1000RPM
Jan 28, 2014
Sims are for MEN AMIRITE?!!?

Really?!? come on.
Yes! For men with lots of chest hair and huge mustaches! :D

Seriously though he didnt say it is for men. He mentioned kids. From age checks on sim forums its pretty clear most simmers, not all, but most are adults.

M3ME

25RPM
Aug 12, 2015
Yes! For men with lots of chest hair and huge mustaches! :D

Seriously though he didnt say it is for men. He mentioned kids. From age checks on sim forums its pretty clear most simmers, not all, but most are adults.
Just past adult... into the grandpa territory

Jun 27, 2017
From first impression this does look more like shift 3 than PC3, but I'm hopeful that this title only adds to the experience of PC2 and doesn't disappoint. The smoke effect in the trailer does look very good. I for one would love to see smoke and flames in a good wreck, just to make the feel more exciting.

Andy Kettler

500RPM
Jul 3, 2011
From first impression this does look more like shift 3 than PC3
I´m a bit confused that so many people seem to completely missed the news from over 2 years ago that Ian Bell himself said that Pcars 3 will be a spiritual successor to the NFS Shift games...

Dec 5, 2013
hey fransoa, I was passing by and with a corner of my eye I've noticed...
I mean, it must be me but...
it that a giant phallus on your avatar,:confused: erected and pointing toward upper left corner.
Can't be, right ? And like I said... it must be just me.
:unsure:
Haha well, it could be a giant phallus... Or the first Led Zeppelin album cover ... You choose, I'm ok with both
Cheers ✌

• Haha
Reactions: gamer19

F1Aussie

500RPM
Premium
Oct 16, 2010
So I just read that in PC3 they have removed tyre wear, overheating tyres and fuel usage and the developers are trying to pass it off as being a brilliant idea, WTF

• Haha
Reactions: François Strat
Dec 5, 2013
So I just read that in PC3 they have removed tyre wear, overheating tyres and fuel usage and the developers are trying to pass it off as being a brilliant idea, WTF
They also thought about suppressing cars, but they had to change the game title...

Follow RaceDepartment