PC3 Project CARS 3 | Customisation To Feature Heavily In New Title

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
SMS have continued to tease nuggets of information about the upcoming PCARS 3 release, and the latest peek at the title suggests a heavy lean towards car customisation within the game.

Having revealed a little more information on social media, Slightly Mad Studios have recently confirmed both road and race car content within Project CARS 3 will benefit from the ability of the user to customise items such as performance parts, potentially following along the lines of such games as the Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport style franchises.

These should allow players an interesting opportunity to add another aspect of gameplay to their racing experience - and one I'm curious to find out how it pans out when the game is released later this year.

On the topic of customisation, Slightly Mad Studios have also confirmed the new title will not feature in-game micro transactions. When looking to update your car, the player will have to rely on credits earned for performances within the title, rather than adding real world money in exchange for performance parts - which is good news indeed!

Original Source: SMS Facebook

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

PCARS 3.jpg

Last edited:
PC2 has some of the best VR support, it doesn't require a keyboard and mouse like AC or iRacing does although its performance with weather was a sore point on its otherwise great VR support. The problem is that in VR it doesn't quite feel right. That is a combination of FFB and the physics of the game and the way the cars turn in the middle rather than at the front. So if they haven't advanced either then PC3 is likely to suffer the same basic problem that driving in VR isn't all that enjoyable. Not to mention all those HUD elements floating over cars and very short races and the extreme motion blur are not going to be nice for immersion or comfort in VR.

A GT like competitor on PC with VR could be interesting but not something I want as I firmly wanting more realistic sims as that just feels a lot better in VR (but I also want dynamic effects for seat of pants and other FFB enhancements that AC and others give as that information is lost with the g forces so has to get added into the wheel but I think it ought to be optional).

Kimmo, mate... is this even a real post or what ? :D

Okay, here we go again

Sorry about video quality, video recorder was freeware...today I have much better.

Anyway see this with sound, it sounds perfect for me, this car is not easy to handle at full throttle, this is the car I like a lot. F1 car must be very difficult to drive at full throttle, then it is a real F1. Modern F1 is too easy to drive for me.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]

Yes Kimmo, for PC-User its full o.k in my opinion.
I like PC2 also, not "full in love :) - like for fun"

But to get in the Area of "Simulation" - far away, in my opinion only rF2 and iRacing named RacingSim in 2020.

A turbo F1 Car from the 80s to simulate is in my opinion more than difficult.
Warm tyres and you have wheelspin in 3-4 Gear !!
Or hard understeering, but this limit dont reach a typical human. Only the "Stars"
(i talked a lot with Nigel Mansell for example - he is fantastic, or other Real Driver with great Racing-Talent)
I drive only historic Touring Cars in Realtime and my Talent is very limited. I am happy to dominate heel and toe and havent less understeer than oversteer :) . Began with Motorsport in the 80s with Corolla AE86 and than at home with GP 1 :), to learn about Racing-Line etc. This helps a lot and today its the same, help for find the Racing-Line. Tyre-management and so on, but
doesn't take it so seriously - its not real - its a nice help.

From first impression this does look more like shift 3 than PC3, but I'm hopeful that this title only adds to the experience of PC2 and doesn't disappoint. The smoke effect in the trailer does look very good. I for one would love to see smoke and flames in a good wreck, just to make the feel more exciting.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 110 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%