PC2 Project CARS 2 Nissan Previews and a Fast Mitsubishi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Nissan 4.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have revealed a whole raft of new images from four very impressive Nissan race cars due to be added to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC racing game Project CARS 2.

With a release of Project CARS 2 due towards the end of September, Slightly Mad Studios have been on the promotion trail and are slowly revealing some of the exciting content due to launch with the game across all platforms towards the end of the year.

Today SMS have shown off some impressive looking images of a selection of Nissan race cars, giving fans access to some of the finest machines produced by the Japanese manufacturer over the years.

As well as a whole bunch of the Japanese Nissan brands cars coming up in Project CARS 2, SMS have also confirmed something a little bit different and not seen in other sims, the very dramatic looking and incredibly rapid Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI SVA Time Attack. It's big, it's fast and it does unexpected things in corners, enjoy!

Project CARS 2 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI SVA Time Attack.jpg

Please don't forget to check out our cars revealed so far thread where we will attempt to keep an up to date list of the cars teased, revealed and leaked on the build up to the new game.

Project CARS 2 is due for release on Xbox One, PS4 and Windows PC towards the end of 2017.

Project CARS 2 Nissan .jpg
Project CARS 2 Nissan 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Nissan 3.jpg

Check out our Project CARS 2 sub forum for a place to join together with fellow race fans and discuss the game prior to it's launch around September 2017. Once the game is publically available we will be hosting further sub forums with racing league and club events, downloadable setups, mods and more. Stay tuned for all the action here at RaceDepartment!

Project CARS 2 Nissan 5.jpg PROJECT CARS 2 Onboard.jpg Project CARS 2 Nissan Skyline 2000RS 1983 2.jpgProject CARS 2 Nissan Skyline R32.jpg Project CARS 2 Nissan Skyline .jpg

Are you happy to see the inclusion of many of Nissan's premium race cars from the manufacturers history? What other cars would you like to see in future with the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Our forum software has an awesome reporting system that dates back to 2010/11 and I cannot find any reported posts with cancer wishes in them.

Our policy has been unchanged since that date as well. Reported posts are looked at and be dealt with if needed. The log will stay indefinite and so far haven't found it. So it was either never properly reported like required or it was never there.

So, totally ignoring the offer to test your game unbiased and free from an NDA?

Rofl, manipulative much? Be it SMS/Ian Bell or any other Developer, nobody has to provide you with anything, not to speak of any special 'non NDA' arrangement just for your holiness, Bram of the racedepartment.

You totally know it is not possible to get what you suggested and you try to play the 'told ya, he bailed' card. This falls only back on yourself, your conduct here is absolutely unprofessional and a reflection of whats going on in this forum.

You totally know it is not possible to get what you suggested
Perfectly possible. Tried out many unfinished games before without the need of signing NDA's. We don't sign any NDA's with gaming companies that limit our freedom to speak out an opinion.

If SMS are so confident that their game is redefining the genre I don't see the problem really. Maybe it is the true successor of GTR2 and raises the bar and they have nothing to fear from a single opinion. On the contrary I am pretty sure if we test it and have the same conclusion as the inner circle under NDA that would be extremely good news for the game.

Still awaiting the forwarded emails showing that we haven't followed up on the reported cancer posts. But that is probably unprofessional as well to expect?

We don't sign any NDA's with gaming companies that limit our freedom to speak out an opinion. Some companies therefore never ask us to pre or review their games. Those that do allow it often have a rock solid product on offer.

Again, suggestive, all in your favor of course.

First part implies NDA's censor your opinion, when its about timing of the release of factual information and sensitive licensing deals that have to be protected. Don't pretend to be above all industry rules, just because some people with no money, no audience and no product let you play their science projects in a hope to gain publicity.

Aside from the mainstream outlets, Will Marsh of Sim Racing Paddock took the chance to try it out for several hours on a proper sim rig and gave his two cents, with a proper disclaimer that everything is WiP. If there is a will, there is a way...but that doesn't matter to you because everybody that is not you of course is a payed shill or incompetent in the first place ;-)

To 'review' or 'test' something that is WiP for public consumption has no purpose besides extra clicks and ad revenue for your site here.

Nobody has to ask you to do a proper review of a finished product, a independent publication will totally walk out and buy the products to review if they aren't provided for free.

To imply that developers that don't give you a golden key often don't have a 'rock solid' product is so twisted and obviously wrong, no need for me to address that.

The rest of your condescending ramblings have no meaning, can therefore be skipped in this reply.

To 'review' or 'test' something that is WiP for public consumption has no purpose besides extra clicks and ad revenue for your site here.
Yeah that is really our style indeed.

but that doesn't matter to you because everybody that is not you of course is a payed shill or incompetent in the first place ;-)
You sure you logged into the right website? You seem to confuse RD with another website.

Nobody has to ask you to do a proper review of a finished product, a independent publication will totally walk out and buy the products to review if they aren't provided for free.
I was offered free copies last time on Facebook and I requested two temporary accounts for two YT reviewers and this happened. I always buy my own games especially for this kind of situation

Even if they could wave off the NDA (which i assume the publisher insists on mostly), it's probably too early to be giving out review material as many things are not finished or implemented yet.

We all know what will happen if you find some things unsatisfactory. The "told you so" guys will come jumping in and credibility will be damaged. So lets all just wait a few more months and then we can talk again about valid reviews. It's still full 6 months away, provided it doesn't get delayed.

Bram...i mean no disrespect but i can't possibly believe you would be able to fairly give an unbiased opinion if allowed to test Pcars2 simply because of your past history with Ian. :)
Hand on heart I haven't done a single biased review in my life, so don't worry about that. :thumbsup: We aren't on anybodies payroll so no need to.

If they think I can't do it, pick somebody else from our staff or an unbiased member. I am just genuinely interested what is "redefining the genre" and I don't feel like waiting until after release what that is.

Also as we are now 24 hours further I am still waiting for the "cancer emails", which proof I refused to moderate reported posts, to be sent and if they don't exist a rectification would be in order.

We received an actual Reader Submission today, the first one in 11 years, which shows that cancer comments aren't exactly a problem on the official boards and on a newly acquired NASCAR blog. Perfectly fine to wish people cancer there, but of course lets blame the hating admins of RD for not moderating non-existing cancer comments.

cancer.jpg

cancer 2 - Copy.jpg
cancer 3 - Copy.jpg
cancer1.jpg

I am just genuinely interested what is "redefining the genre" and I don't feel like waiting until after release what that is.

It is completely irrelevant what you want Bram. Your passive aggressive posts and inability to let it go only underline what I said before. Buy your review copy once it's out and rip into it or praise it all you want. That's what you should do, anything else is unasked for and only makes you look weak.

The comments section on that NASCAR Blog is intentionally not moderated to give the weakest souls in this smelly corner of the internet a home and keep other boards like this here at least somewhat reasonably clean. You should be thankful to them.

Anything you post in here is incredibly pitty and you sound like a sore loser because you rightfully don't get your way.

I let it go when I decide to let it go, you don't decide that. I am being accused here in public for not moderating cancer wishes which is just a blunt lie. People who know me closely know my personal story and I would be the last person to allow such posts on our forum if I was made aware.

I have kept my PM's and more than once I have told Bell exactly how we work. A board like RD gets thousands of posts, comments and ratings per day and it's impossible for us to read every single letter posted, hence there is a "report" button under literally every piece of content. This means that logged in users can report possible Terms of Service violations to the staff and our moderators then take a look at it if they haven't spotted it themselves.

All logs since we have migrated to Xenforo are kept as they can't be deleted (thankfully!!) and nothing shows such a report ever been made by anyone.

I have an issue with the mega aggressive marketing of WMD members in the past, the promises made by the SMS staff before launch of PCARS and non-delivered promises on the website. They have been addressed many times now and swept under the carpet as people that dare to sound their voices are being removed from the forums and that led to the discussion in 2012 where this site and it's staff were threatened to be sued. If you keep banning people for no reason they go elsewhere to voice their concerns (community 101).

Later I have found out the exact reason why this threat was taken back and that had nothing to do with new insights or regrets.

We have seen two periods of organized hype before Pcars and a period of very quiet and calm boards. Now fuzz needs to be created and there we go again. Anonymous WMD members steering the pot, we bite the bait and it's on.

We have now more than once heard several accusations and every time proof isn't deliver or countered ("being on a free ride remember?". So Ill ask it once more: provide me the email that shows that a) such thread existed and that b) it was reported to our staff and c) ignored by our me and our staff and deliberately left on a public board for everybody to see.

Like I said we have left the door open for everybody to come and post here (both pros and cons) and we haven't pushed the ban button on certain individuals (and believe me a lot deserved it by our own rules) again pros and cons, but I won't allow it to be accused of something so delicate and painful like these cancer wishes on my own website. If that is not being taken back then the welcome ends.

Hand on heart I haven't done a single biased review in my life, so don't worry about that. :thumbsup: We aren't on anybodies payroll so no need to.

If they think I can't do it, pick somebody else from our staff or an unbiased member. I am just genuinely interested what is "redefining the genre" and I don't feel like waiting until after release what that is.

Also as we are now 24 hours further I am still waiting for the "cancer emails", which proof I refused to moderate reported posts, to be sent and if they don't exist a rectification would be in order.

We received an actual Reader Submission today, the first one in 11 years, which shows that cancer comments aren't exactly a problem on the official boards and on a newly acquired NASCAR blog. Perfectly fine to wish people cancer there, but of course lets blame the hating admins of RD for not moderating non-existing cancer comments.

View attachment 182809
View attachment 182810 View attachment 182812 View attachment 182814

Let's try to move on Bram.

The litany of extremely personally abusive comments (I honestly forget the exact wording, there was masses of it, which the emails referred to) and libellous statements was mainly from a few members and one in particular. Reading what is left up there AFTER the moderation is indicative: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/banned-for-no-reason.47384/page-69#post-1230821 and his/her next few posts but I'm banking on 'his' :) ...

It was so bad even Andy was shocked. Now again, you've fixated on the word cancer. I'm honestly unsure of the exact manner of death or pain I was being wished but it was 'terrible'.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/banned-for-no-reason.47384/page-70#post-1230903

Anyway, as I say, let's try to move on. Copying and pasting a list of places being abusive to me feels like time wasted. I'm not sure what it achieves. We could be talking about the game.

Last edited:
I have told you then and Ill repeat it again. Take your hotshot legal team and go sue individual users that left libelous statements, we and I had nothing to do with it. We have cleaned up discussions after certain posts were reported. If there are still remainders left you had five years to report them and they would have been looked at. Posts that were reported and are still visible you or others failed to show evidence that stated the opposite of what people claimed.

You haven't sued Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, PRC and your own forum (see screenshot) either and those media are full of crap about your game and you as a person. Go after the individuals, not the media hosting the messages.

There was zero needs to make these threats to RaceDepartment or me in person.

I have told you then and Ill repeat it again. Take your hotshot legal team and go sue individual users that left libelous statements, we and I had nothing to do with it. We have cleaned up discussions after certain posts were reported. If there are still remainders left you had five years to report them and they would have been looked at. Posts that were reported and are still visible you or others failed to show evidence that stated the opposite of what people posted.

You haven't sued Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, PRC and your own forum (see screenshots) either and those media are full of crap about your game and you as a person. Go after the individuals, not the media hosting the messages.

There was zero needs to make these threats to RaceDepartment or me in person.

I'm not planning to sue you Bram... 'Take your hotshot legal team and go...' Do you really think this is appropriate?

You went to a great deal of effort to ask me where the personal abuse was excessive (on a moderated forum) and I'm showing you it.

Last edited:
We are not moving anywhere until you publicly make your excuses for those false accusations and rectify your posts. Those were way below the belt.

Are you really trying to claim moral high ground here? If you are coming from that angle, there is no hope. Enjoy repeating your ramblings in your echo chamber. Reality prevails and i can go back to be doing something productive, win win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back