PC2 Project CARS 2 Nissan Previews and a Fast Mitsubishi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Nissan 4.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have revealed a whole raft of new images from four very impressive Nissan race cars due to be added to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC racing game Project CARS 2.

With a release of Project CARS 2 due towards the end of September, Slightly Mad Studios have been on the promotion trail and are slowly revealing some of the exciting content due to launch with the game across all platforms towards the end of the year.

Today SMS have shown off some impressive looking images of a selection of Nissan race cars, giving fans access to some of the finest machines produced by the Japanese manufacturer over the years.

As well as a whole bunch of the Japanese Nissan brands cars coming up in Project CARS 2, SMS have also confirmed something a little bit different and not seen in other sims, the very dramatic looking and incredibly rapid Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI SVA Time Attack. It's big, it's fast and it does unexpected things in corners, enjoy!

Project CARS 2 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI SVA Time Attack.jpg

Please don't forget to check out our cars revealed so far thread where we will attempt to keep an up to date list of the cars teased, revealed and leaked on the build up to the new game.

Project CARS 2 is due for release on Xbox One, PS4 and Windows PC towards the end of 2017.

Project CARS 2 Nissan .jpg
Project CARS 2 Nissan 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Nissan 3.jpg

Check out our Project CARS 2 sub forum for a place to join together with fellow race fans and discuss the game prior to it's launch around September 2017. Once the game is publically available we will be hosting further sub forums with racing league and club events, downloadable setups, mods and more. Stay tuned for all the action here at RaceDepartment!

Project CARS 2 Nissan 5.jpg PROJECT CARS 2 Onboard.jpg Project CARS 2 Nissan Skyline 2000RS 1983 2.jpgProject CARS 2 Nissan Skyline R32.jpg Project CARS 2 Nissan Skyline .jpg

Are you happy to see the inclusion of many of Nissan's premium race cars from the manufacturers history? What other cars would you like to see in future with the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Bram,

Been reading this whole exchange. A few things jump out at me. You say, "Hand on heart I haven't done a single biased review in my life". Then you say, "I have an issue with the mega aggressive marketing of WMD members in the past" and "the promises made by the SMS staff before launch of PCARS and non-delivered promises on the website".

That doesn't sound much like an honest broker, Bram. I'm genuinely curious, actually, about how you think games are made and sold out in the real world? Or any product, come to that. Do you think companies just sit quietly in a corner making games before releasing it and then praying that someone in a shop somewhere will buy it?

Seriously. It's very odd, the way you come across. You have no bias, you say, to a company that you then admit having an issue with? How does that work, Bram? Not in actuality, because clearly it doesn't, but how does that work in your own mind?

It's almost as if the idea that people would dare make a game and market it aggressively is somehow a personal insult -- to you. But Bram, what if, say, 150 human beings who are doing their very best to create great sims need those games to sell in order to have a job come Monday morning? What if, say, those same human beings have families, wives and husbands, and kids who say, "Hi, mom!" when they come home from SMS in the evening, having given their absolute best to create something they're proud of all day? You have an issue with them having a job, Bram? Is that it? Are you one of those who'd rather people were unemployed, who didn't get to chase their dreams of making games, because somehow marketing is a personal affront -- to you?

You sit here, Bram, casting judgement over people as if you were the last man on earth with a perfect soul. Honestly, though, you don't half come across as a child. Some things in Project CARS 1 didn't meet your expectations, is that right? Okay ... but how does that enrage you?

That a game doesn't come with all projected features is a normal thing, Bram. Every adult who has ever had a job in tech' has been through it; it happens every day, and not only in games. Banks roll out new multi-million dollar software with bits cut out at the very last moment, formula one cars come to the track with engines down on power, politicians roll out massive plans with half of what they projected excluded at the last second ... it's called life, Bram. It's what happens out in the real world, it's what happens when grown-ups have to make cold decisions about whether mom goes home to her kid with the promise of a job on Monday, or whether mom goes home without a job on Friday.

And yet here you are, the last man on earth who has never written a biased review apparently, the last man on earth with morality fully intact. Good for you, Bram. But the rest of us, you know, we do our best. Sometimes we hit it out of the park. Sometimes not so much. Unlike you, Bram, the rest of us are human. And being human, we are sometimes faced with hard decisions.

You seem very quick to judge. Going back to your, "give me the game without NDA otherwise people will know there's something wrong". Bram, the problem here, aside from this being a non-starter (as I seriously hope you know), is perspective. Yours.

See, you seem unaware that there are 150 people working on Project CARS. It's not just Ian Bell on a Sunday afternoon sipping his tequila sunrise on a yacht in the Med' thinking, "I've got a great idea for a game that'll really piss ol' Bram off".

Your inability to feel any kind of empathy for those people, any kind of honest appreciation for their talents, means anything you write about the game will be tainted. Tainted because you, Bram, and you alone, want perfection. You are the hammer, and every little problem is your nail. And you will joyously pound away at the errors. You don't care about the people who make the game, you don't care about the work that goes on behind the scenes, you don't care that as professionals, they too see a bug that they completely missed and feel anger and shame -- all you care about, Bram, is your god-given right to hammer away at the faults. Hammer away at the problems. Why is that, Bram? Is it because finding fault is all that brings you joy?

Perspective, Bram. Project CARS was a great sim. It had issues. Some things that were projected to be in there fell out because time and a million other more pressing issues got in the way -- life, Bram, got in the way of perfection. Something, apparently, that you've never encountered. But the sim was good, it was solid. But most of all, it was made by the passion and professionalism of many human beings, Bram. Men and women who read what you post and feel kind of sickened that anyone would be this dismissive of their work and their talent.

And there's the thing, Bram. You seem repulsed by marketing, repulsed that anyone should actually want to find ways to sell their product, enraged that a game might have been shipped with a few issues, genuinely pissed-off that some bits that were promised never made it into the final game -- all of this is somehow a personal slight to good ol' Bram, the god-like creature who alone retains untainted perfection.

Bram, as a journalist, integrity matters, but it's not the only thing. Perspective matters even more. Take a moment, Bram, to consider SMS not as an entity that fuels your rage, but 150 people with wives and husbands and kids and mortgages -- imagine them on a Sunday afternoon at the park eating ice cream with their kids, exhausted after a long week trying to make the best game they know how. Try and consider, for a moment, their lives, Bram. Try to consider people, and not just objects.

You're offended that SMS market their games? You're offended that somehow the game didn't match your expectations? You're offended that SMS won't give you their game without NDA? You're offended that the CEO comes to your website and suggests that perhaps a little better moderation on your part might be considered? You're offended that perhaps there are genuine reasons why the game Bram wanted, in all of its perfection, never came?

You're offended by so much, Bram, all this righteous indignation at things the rest of us just assume is part of every day life. I'm unsure though, whether this makes you the last perfect man on earth, Bram, or someone who just needs to grow up a little .

I rarely post on any sim racing forums as I never have the time, but for the record I've been making games with Ian since before you were probably born Bram (judging by your embittered and puerile vitriol). Now I don't know you from Adam, but I've known Ian for more than 17 years. So let me enlighten you about a few things.

What you fail to understand, as it is clearly beyond your ken, is that there is no one I know that is more dedicated or passionate about making racing games than Ian. You also fail to understand how business works and, as Alex points out, how marketing works (both lacunae are blindingly obvious from your attitude in the face of logic and reason). Now those three things are not mutually exclusive but rather inextricably intertwined. Making a racing game costs a lot of money (that's the stuff you might receive one day for doing a decent day's work but I'll not hold my breath). So it is not only natural but essential that a company protects their IP during development and spends time and money on marketing. You say that you won't sign an NDA but I've not seen one good reason plop out of your mouth why not. Is it because you're scared that you'll be won over and actually like what you see (because believe me it's a great game), and that you simply couldn't bring yourself to say anything that isn't vindictive, untrue and biased about it? Or is it that you're not really any kind of journalist, but rather a vile simpleton who has a massive chip on their shoulder for some reason and who goes around wishing the very best of men and his family the worst possible fate? Go on be a man, admit you're wrong, sign an NDA and write a review of the game in development. It's the only thing to do in your position if you want to save any kind of face.

who goes around wishing the very best of men and his family the worst possible fate?

Seriously? Ian publicly states I personally don't moderate cancer wishes posted by other members (that were never posted) and you go one step further making it look like I actually wished Ian and his family the worst possible fate? We are discussing a game here not wishing people the worst, come on.

You are going way too far sir and you have already overstayed your welcome on the first post you have made here.

To conclude this discussion, I have posted a few times now how we can move forward and that has been ignored so far, so we are going to leave it here. Try it again after the weekend as we have an esports event to cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%