Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Anybody know how to fix a dodgy downshift paddle? :unsure:
In S2 my paddle would double down shift. All I done was push it away from the rim and it's been fine since.
I know this can happen if it's too close to the senor/button that the paddle engages to allow a downshift, hence why pushing away worked for me.
perhaps dust or something has gotten inbetween like Adam said, so try cleaning it out :)
Edit: I have a G29

Feature Q5 R5

Got an amazing start, provisionally up to P4, but Dean came back up my inside in T1, T2 got very messy, dean went in too deep, i braked and moved left to avoid him, and then about 2s later i got a hit which left me backwards and effectively last, pitted end of lap 2, just to try pound round doing my own thing, after all the stops i was P5, and only 2s behind Paul, he pulled away a bit on his fresh tyres, but once his died a bit i caught right up to him, but last lap my tyres hit the cliff, so i just took it home calmly.

Sprint Q NA

R3

Another great start, everyone fell off in front of me and i was up to P3 after 4 turns, and i got up to the back of Jamie but as is the nature of Brands, i was never gonna pass him unless he made an error, but P3 was solid.

I had that I think it’s the car lol

your engine braking can help slightly with that if its a car issue but if its the wheel maybe try cleaning out behind the shifters mine used to do it but cleaned them out and was fine

In S2 my paddle would double down shift. All I done was push it away from the rim and it's been fine since.
I know this can happen if it's too close to the senor/button that the paddle engages to allow a downshift, hence why pushing away worked for me.
perhaps dust or something has gotten inbetween like Adam said, so try cleaning it out :)
Edit: I have a G29
Don't think its the downshift protection pretty sure it's my wheel. Probably the sensor because if i press in the middle of the paddle that's when i get the issue of not changing down, but if i press it higher up its ok just makes it more difficult. I'll take it apart later tonight and have a look! ;)

.Name - Frank Finch

.PSN - FrankFinch

.Car Choice With Number - TBA

.Wheel Or Controller - Logitech G29

.Team Name And Teammate
- Team name: Wooden Spoon Racing
- Team mate: Jonathan Seeking

.Social Media
- Facebook: Finch Sim Racing
- Twitter: @finchsimracing
- Instagram: finchsimracing
- YouTube Channel: Finch Sim Racing

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsMg5VsXQw6gNaNKI6l0HBg

Since I am the league commentator, I will only be racing at 3 selected tracks, IF there is any room. These will be announced once the calendar has been confirmed.

EDIT: I will be a full-time driver for Season 8!
Guess who’s back full-time next season?
(Hint: it’s not Gaz or Liam ;) )

22730499_1888899374772132_1450451584941029094_n.png

Race Details

• Laps: 26 & 13
  • Race Times: 1pm & 2pm
  • In Game Date: 1/3/2018
  • Weather: Clear

The Track

Bugatti-Circuit-Le-Mans-Fra.jpg

First Race: N/A
Variations: N/A
4.273 km (2.655 mi) long
11 turns
The race lap record is a 1:32.309 set by Maverick Viñales on a Yamaha in 2017

Project-CARS-Le-Mans-24-Hours-2.jpg

Hotlap

Questions

The last 3 tracks have come under criticism for their lack of overtaking, do you expect Bugatti to be any better?

With 2 rounds left, what is your aim for the end of the season?

What are your expectations for the Bugatti race?

The last 3 tracks have come under criticism for their lack of overtaking, do you expect Bugatti to be any better?

Bugatti has thrown up some good racing in the past, unfortunately it appears to be tighter on this game. Only really 1 overtaking place but requires car ahead to get a bad run out of the turn before.

With 2 rounds left, what is your aim for the end of the season?

Take the championship to the final race. To do so, I'll need to outscore Gaz by 6 points.
Wont be easy.

What are your expectations for the Bugatti race?

Beat Gaz.

Last time I raced here on a Project Cars game, I was leading by a country mile and then going down into turn 4 I braked and just went clean off the road, lost 20 seconds. All season I had issues with rear braking and the camber and hill on that corner will murder you if you don't concentrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes