Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

1. Bathurst produced the most crazy race of the season was it enjoyable for you?
Eventually yes was like dodge ball at the start but soon got my way into the top 8 and then with some good pace and a lot of mistakes from others propelled me to p2, sprint usual disaster for me but fastest lap was pleasing

2. We have tried hard and soft tyres in last two races are you in agreement the softs produce better racing?
Softs all day long and yeah you can push on these tyres

3. This will be the first race in full wet conditions are you excited by this and if so what by?
No so no

4. If you could replace monza short at the end of the season with any track what would it be?
I would replace it with imola a track everyone loves

1. Bathurst produced the most crazy race of the season was it enjoyable for you?
It was fun coming through the field in the sprint race.

2. We have tried hard and soft tyres in last two races are you in agreement the softs produce better racing?
Softs are easier to drive and manage, so more confidence to push.

3. This will be the first race in full wet conditions are you excited by this and if so what by?
I've always loved driving in the wet regardless of my pace. Should be fun navigating the puddles. Turn 1 braking is difficult in the wet, so expect to see alot of cars outbraking themsleves and spinning on the exit where the track goes away from you.

4. If you could replace monza short at the end of the season with any track what would it be?
A track that produces extremely close racing... Knockhill lol.
erm Imola is another track where times are close. Maybe even INDY 500 :roflmao:

Bathurst produced the most crazy race of the season was it enjoyable for you?
Feature was great. Kept it out the wall and equalled my best of p4. Sprint only lasted half a lap really.

I am, yes.

Kind of. I haven't really driven in the wet on this game and seem to be quite off the pace, but just like bathurst it will be about keeping it onthe track.

Maybe one we haven't done before/in a while?

Eventually yes was like dodge ball at the start but soon got my way into the top 8 and then with some good pace and a lot of mistakes from others propelled me to p2, sprint usual disaster for me but fastest lap was pleasing

Softs all day long and yeah you can push on these tyres

No so no

I would replace it with imola a track everyone loves
Then it’s a good thing I don’t race anymore, because I hate... let me repeat that... I HATE Imola!

Another what could have been night for me and a sad way to say good by to my playseat challenge. Had that seat 2 and a half years won a championship with it but time has come to upgrade and hopefully improve.

Just want to thank all the drivers who asked to let me have 4th back after my last lap disconnect cheers fellas

Was a strange night and I guess we can say that wet weather truly sucks although I still had fun.

Well done seeks great drive

I’m also going to do a driver of the day award after each race.
Having watched both races and the great footage provided by Jamie and frank it has to go to @Ben McCluskey

Feature race pressured gaz for most of the race despite us all thinking gaz would run and hide finished 2nd then repeated 2nd in the sprint from last on the grid

Other contenders wee seeks for his first win Gaz of course for winning the feature and @Night4001 for two good finishes in the points and Liam for a double podium

Driver of the day
1st: Benji
2nd: seeks/gaz
3rd: Jeremy/Liam

Feature - p6
Was comfortably sitting in behind adam and liam at the end of lap 1, but paul span and i couldn't avoid him, getting front left suspension damage. I decided to stay out for a few laps and try and nurse it, but ended up pitting on lap 5. Managed to get the undercut on jamie and potentially would have been close to ben had i not had to repair. Other than that it was quiet. Jamie passed me and came home in a satisfying p6.

Sprint - p1
Wel well well. 1st pole (was fun battling with papano for that), 1st podium, 1st win!!!
To be honest it was a quiet race for me. Was able to pull 3 seconds on liam and was very greatful to jez for holding everyone else up as long as he did. Came home with a 2.5 second lead.
Over the moon with my first win and now on to brono, a track i have never really driven at.

Feature - p6
Was comfortably sitting in behind adam and liam at the end of lap 1, but paul span and i couldn't avoid him, getting front left suspension damage. I decided to stay out for a few laps and try and nurse it, but ended up pitting on lap 5. Managed to get the undercut on jamie and potentially would have been close to ben had i not had to repair. Other than that it was quiet. Jamie passed me and came home in a satisfying p6.

Sprint - p1
Wel well well. 1st pole (was fun battling with papano for that), 1st podium, 1st win!!!
To be honest it was a quiet race for me. Was able to pull 3 seconds on liam and was very greatful to jez for holding everyone else up as long as he did. Came home with a 2.5 second lead.
Over the moon with my first win and now on to brono, a track i have never really driven at.
Well done, mate! Hopefully this was the first of many victories.
#teamcommentary

NEWS

Driver of the day will now be voted for by you the drivers

This is part of a plan to make the league more interactive

A poll will be launched for one hour after the sprint race the winner of the most driver of the day votes at seasons end wins a trophy

Trophies will also be given to the drivers and teams champion as well as the most improved driver

Thanks

Important Information

There appears to be some confusion into what happened with the Feature Race results so id just like to clarify what is happening.

.Ben had DSC with 1 lap to go in the Feature from 4th Place and had spoken with a few drivers to see if it would be fair to keep the 4th place considering the circumstances.

.Now with that being said Jamie did finish 4th in the end and would be unfair to him also to lose that position due to no fault of his own. So to come to a somewhat fair compromise for both i will be awarding 4th Place and the points to Jamie Dorey as well.

Important Information

There appears to be some confusion into what happened with the Feature Race results so id just like to clarify what is happening.

.Ben had DSC with 1 lap to go in the Feature from 4th Place and had spoken with a few drivers to see if it would be fair to keep the 4th place considering the circumstances.

.Now with that being said Jamie did finish 4th in the end and would be unfair to him also to lose that position due to no fault of his own. So to come to a somewhat fair compromise for both i will be awarding 4th Place and the points to Jamie Dorey as well.

Well in that case i want p5 points!!!

Na im joking ☺

@Jonathan Seekings congrats dude :thumbsup:
source.gif
:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals