Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

will it rain right on que with this set up, so guys who do practice will know the exact minute it will rain and the exact lap to change tires before we even go into the race
Yes. I've run a practice race and several race starts with this configuration. If you follow it then it will rain on que. However, I will say, it's a damn close call. Twice. The real race started almost exactly like this, if that gives you any indication. Rain ends very shortly into the race and starts very shortly before the end. In fact, my pit engineer didn't tell me to pit at the end. And it's 50/50 whether starting on slicks or wets will be better.

Just back from my first run out at Spa.. Luchtime only gave me enough time for 4 flying laps, defalt setup and best I could muster was a 2:23.7. The Aston feels very sluggish here, tough to get into the corners so looks like a lot of work needed both in setup and on track. Only really used to F1 here and corners I am used to being flat out (pouhon for example) were really tough in the GT3. Also noticed some lagging around Bruxelles so hope thats not a common theme here as I was on my own through there at those times.

Also, Twitch worked twice this time... oddly enough I got the 'Lagging' message popped up both times. Seems when I get that it works, but when I don't it doesn't :O_o:

You might want to stiffen your front roll bar and click up your front rebounds, Peter. Also speed up your steering and add a little more front neg. camber. Just a thought... I've really enjoyed and seen big gains from experimenting with my damper settings

You might want to stiffen your front roll bar and click up your front rebounds, Peter. Also speed up your steering and add a little more front neg. camber. Just a thought... I've really enjoyed and seen big gains from experimenting with my damper settings
Thanks for the tips Michael, i'll make sure to give them a go first the next time I get on for some laps.

Anybody else get little silvery \ white specs on the tarmac in places? Not sure whther thats meant to be there or not.

Just back from my first run out at Spa.. Luchtime only gave me enough time for 4 flying laps, defalt setup and best I could muster was a 2:23.7. The Aston feels very sluggish here, tough to get into the corners so looks like a lot of work needed both in setup and on track. Only really used to F1 here and corners I am used to being flat out (pouhon for example) were really tough in the GT3. Also noticed some lagging around Bruxelles so hope thats not a common theme here as I was on my own through there at those times.

Also, Twitch worked twice this time... oddly enough I got the 'Lagging' message popped up both times. Seems when I get that it works, but when I don't it doesn't :O_o:
There the times i did pretty much with first 3-4 laps, down to 2.21's now just gearing an confidence and your be a couple of secs faster

Last edited:
So Microsoft found a problem with patch 2.0 for the XBO.... another delay. The new build was apparently submiited to them on Friday. I reckon we are looking at next week now :rolleyes::cautious:./

Oh and the problem was a crash caused by the G920.. yes the wheel from Logitech that hasn't even been given a release date yet!!

Last edited:

peter I agree with mic in general the damper settings are very important but this track is all about downforce and getting it right in my opinion and in that regard I have a little tip for yoo. no downforce except for maybe one on the rear wing. If I can drive that anyone can drive that give it a try getting a lot of speed on the long stretches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes