Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

1. 24 car multiplayer grids? check.
2. Rain? check.
3. Night racing? check.
4. Lobbies that don't crash? check.
5. Pits that work? check.
6. True 1080p/60fps incredible beauty? check.
7. Tire wear realism? Half check.
8. Intermittent HUD? check.
9. 24 tracks? check.
10. ffb that works? check.
:cautious:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/...tting-dark-and-wet-in-a-world-first-hands-on/
dynamic weather....Fail
Dynamic day/night ....fail
real tyre wear...fail
real fuel usage..fail
distance between cars...fail

just playing devil's advocate but after the way this went maybe wait till forza 6 hits and is actually played ;)

The ffb indeed feels better. It's not what I expected, but at least you have some semblance of the tires contacting the road. All I did basically was move by Tire Force down to 100 and my FFB TOTAL down to 85% (as advised by the PC experts). Basically left other things as outlined in the jack spade tweaker files, under the general settings (first page) and first options (enhanced SoP...etc. or something like that). That seems to feel really good, since there is/are reports of clipping if the FFB is left too high, and the Tire Force does not have an effect, or at least as much of one. Plus, that's exactly what I'm looking for...tire force. It's basically where they dropped the ball, with their new SETA model...for xbox users. But I must say, it's probably the best feeling game I've ever played with the improvements. So Kudos to them for at least making the ffb better. The real test will come with the lobbies and bugs reports. Any reports? I will say the game looks better and I notice a lot less stuttering. I'll test with 44 cars @ LeMans in the rain (BTW Mike, they do have the big track, it just starts with "Circuit....").

I'm going to have to practice everyday next week to get used to the new FFB. I lost a second in my GT4 car last night. I had everything the way I wanted and then it goes and changes.. LoL. So the 303 laps I've run at Oulton Park are no longer relative. Guess i'll have to run 300 more. :confused:

Funny, the patch didn't change much for me, since most of my beef was with the MP side. Their CEO "promises" ttwo multiplayer instability problems" will be addresssed and fixed in the next patch.

As far as the ffb goes, it's just like before only there is more feeling in the road (not to where I thought it could be or probably should be, but as good as any on the xbox). But overall, not much changed, other than getting a little faster. All you had to do if you followed the Jack tweaker files and apply one of his car settings to any particular car (I go with the first set in the pdf, but sometimes increase the master scale 2-4 depending on the car) and reduce your tire force to 100, and keep the ffb at 100. Otherwise, you may get some clipping.

I must be doing something wrong then. I had mine pretty perfect as reflected by the time sheets, but now it feels really different and I'm using and haven't made any changes to the Jack Spade Classic settings. I've got my tire force at 60 and I'm thinking I need to go down to 50.

Last edited:
I must be doing something wrong then. I had mine pretty perfect as reflected by the time sheets, but now it feels really different and I'm using and haven't made any changes to the Jack Spade Classic settings. I've got my tire force at 60 and I'm thinking I need to go down to 50.

Well, I think the key is to go with the first (one before classic) settings, since pCARS screwed the pooch with the ffb on xbox. That gives you at least more rear end feel. Now the patch has given a bit more road feel and force.

Another key is to not just plug in the car numbers, but to also follow the setting instructions on the first page to the letter. Basically they are default with a few changes.

Then, personally, I add only one thing to that combination...more master scale in each car to suit. My line graph is now pretty solidly planted in the middle like it should be. 48B Firmware is probably also important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes