PC2 Project CARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 3.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 4.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 5.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 6.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 7.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 8.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 9.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 10.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 1.jpg
Project Cars 2 have released the Ferrari Essentials DLC, available now on Steam.

Coming to the simulation as the fourth and potentially final DLC release for the title, the Ferrari Essentials pack comes complete with two circuits and eight iconic cars from the Italian manufacturer - retailing around £8.49 (Steam PC).

Bringing to the game the rarely found Fiorano circuit and the legendary Mugello track, the DLC certainly is a very comprehensive batch of content and should prove popular with fans of the game.

Alongside the new pack Project CARS 2 has also received a minor update, details of which can be seen below:
  • Fixed occasional stability issues.
  • Improved usability of in-game tools.
  • Improved AI ability at various tracks.
  • Improved the penalty system.
  • Optimised tyre wear in wet conditions.
  • Optimisations to LiveTrack at various tracks.
  • Improved track-limit zones.
  • Other miscellaneous fixes.
  • Various improvements, fixes and optimisations.
PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 2.jpg

Ferrari Essentials DLC Contents:
  • Ferrari F355 Challenge
  • Ferrari 512 BB LM
  • Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta
  • Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
  • Ferrari F40
  • Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta
  • Ferrari F12tdf
  • Ferrari FXX K

Project CARS 2 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Do you like the look of the new Ferrari pack for PCARS 2? What are your impressions? Which car do you like the most? Let us know in the comments section below!

Is the Porsche Leipzig track exclusive to Porsche? I would assume not as you could race other cars on it in whichever Need For Speed game had it.

But yeah, Fiorano is Ferrari property, so they can be restrictive. The track never made it beyond advertising clips in Assetto Corsa, presumably because the devs didn't want to restrict any track to certain cars.

Watched some gameplay video and looks like Mugello is missing some grandstands... like three or four. wtf

edit:
In turn 9 (Arrabbiata 2) the 58 grandstand is missing and this one instead has never been removed since they placed it to pay homage to Simoncelli. It's been there since years now and is not small:

pYGeWky.png

In turn 12 during the races there are two grandstands, also missing in game. Would have been cool to have it and give the track a race look.
But watching the videos it seems made using old and new reference, just have a look at the kerbs and the side of them: in some parts they have updated them with the 2018 look, in some not. Some details are missing.
man this fact is a reflection of all the none-finished things in this poor simulation...

What do you mean? There are plenty of videos of Mugello on YT. Just watch a gameplay video looking the left side of the road at the Arrabbiata 1 and 2, where the tarmac meets the gravel and the grass, and watch the video I've posted above. You'll understand what I mean.

I haven't tested the track yet but I was refering to the missing grandstands you mentioned. Sometimes when you run lower track detail it removes some track side objects...cars, crowds, grandstands etc. Thats why ai asked what track detail you were running in the video :)

Since I have the season pass, I'll get this DLC too. Looks good on pictures but I have not touched the game in months. Main reason (amongst several others) is the bad implemented gear change in H- shifter cars. Last I read about it is that they were not willing to make changes. So far the sim value for me.
Or has it been changed by now ?

• Deleted member 197115

Always liked PCars trailers, best part of the franchise.
Camera focus points overlay was completely unnecessary and distracting in this one though.

I have Project Cars 2, any season content is welcome

Most here say reflections don't matter yet most dramatic pic is the F40 in Pits

Look at the jaggy line on door, what on earth is that ?
Why are trees that are 50 metres across track cast reflections of leaves so huge !
No reflections on polished alloy wheel
and what is that horrible blob on guard at rear, some giant light texture ?

So much for static textures .........hello RTX

edit: The textures in the side mirror ! ........ don't want to even go there lol :)
Hello RTX , good bye $1800 , hello 1080p 30 fps ;)
I don't look at reflections from my 5 %

I can't help the feeling I get that the Pcars franchise is such a wasted opportunity. If only a good developer had made the whole thing. Never-mind though, we have plenty of other race sims to be messing with.:thumbsup:
PS, I still enjoy it sometimes though for hot lapping and watching replays.

It`s great :D simply great like PC2 in general for me.

F40 very good but the 250 Testa Rossa...Man that`s nice and drives like a beauty.

Can`t wait to play more because I was kind of shocked when I`v run my PC2 yesterday before sleep and found out that I have some strange Ferrari cars which I didn't noticed before :D

It's not Assetto of RF2 FFB but for some reason(dont care which) I have most hours played in PC2(it will change most likely with AC Competition because of GT3...which are my "Thing" in motorsports)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back