PC2 Project CARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 3.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 4.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 5.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 6.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 7.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 8.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 9.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 10.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 1.jpg
Project Cars 2 have released the Ferrari Essentials DLC, available now on Steam.

Coming to the simulation as the fourth and potentially final DLC release for the title, the Ferrari Essentials pack comes complete with two circuits and eight iconic cars from the Italian manufacturer - retailing around £8.49 (Steam PC).

Bringing to the game the rarely found Fiorano circuit and the legendary Mugello track, the DLC certainly is a very comprehensive batch of content and should prove popular with fans of the game.

Alongside the new pack Project CARS 2 has also received a minor update, details of which can be seen below:
  • Fixed occasional stability issues.
  • Improved usability of in-game tools.
  • Improved AI ability at various tracks.
  • Improved the penalty system.
  • Optimised tyre wear in wet conditions.
  • Optimisations to LiveTrack at various tracks.
  • Improved track-limit zones.
  • Other miscellaneous fixes.
  • Various improvements, fixes and optimisations.
PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 2.jpg

Ferrari Essentials DLC Contents:
  • Ferrari F355 Challenge
  • Ferrari 512 BB LM
  • Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta
  • Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
  • Ferrari F40
  • Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta
  • Ferrari F12tdf
  • Ferrari FXX K

Project CARS 2 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Do you like the look of the new Ferrari pack for PCARS 2? What are your impressions? Which car do you like the most? Let us know in the comments section below!

Wow and again no 360 Modena. Same as in AC where it is missing also. I'm dying to drive the 360 in VR. Does any modern sim has this car at all? It even used to have its own race class if I'm not mistaken. Does anybody know why it is missing in all modern sims? Is there a reason for that?

AC has the 360 Modena as a mod...
Didn't know that, I will check it out. Any idea why this car isn't populair anymore? It used to be a very popular and driveable car?

Edit: I can't find the mod you are mentioning here on RD. Only a sound mod for the car. Can you point me in the right direction where I can find this car?

Last edited:
1800$? Where you from? Its 1100$ here
Palit RTX 2080Ti GamingPro OC £1200 btw RTX is only for blind nv fanboys, c'mon guys super hyper tech, mega multi cpu, breakthrough technologies, 11 GB of next-gen, ultra-fast GDDR6 and 1080p in 30fps :roflmao: if I saw Crysis 3 or The Witcher 3 in 4K/4K UHD with 120fps minimum... w8 I forgot, this is breakthrough technologies and ultra-fast GDDR6 only for 1080p 30fps. Ray tracing is just good marketing.

Pissed off, fecked up shoulder and neck.... this and ACC.....in the words of Mr May...cock.

oh and FFS I just don't understand the bitching about PC2. It's a very solid game in the main, maybe spreads itself too thinly.....just doesn't deserve the brain dead remarks over and over and over and over again.

Wow and again no 360 Modena. Same as in AC where it is missing also. I'm dying to drive the 360 in VR. Does any modern sim has this car at all? It even used to have its own race class if I'm not mistaken. Does anybody know why it is missing in all modern sims? Is there a reason for that?
RSS are working on the race version of the 360, basically the car from GTR2. Apart from that there are no quality 360 mods for AC. Be patient :)

They still havent fixed the borked AI on the Mercedes Benz Proving grounds! the AI is set to 150 difficulty and 150 Aggression when you turn the AI down to be 0 difficulty and 0 Aggression!

Not to go full SMS defense force but IMO it's justified here.

All layouts for the Mercedes Benz Ice Track do not allow you to race against AI cars in any mode (this includes both Custom Race, as well as online). It has been this way since the launch of the game, the Ice Track is a "special" circuit meant for toying around in isolation. Upon selecting the track, the AI count is locked at 0 - clicking on it a billion times won't have any effect - and both aggression & overall difficulty sliders are locked out.

Furthermore, the limit for AI/Aggression sliders is 120. Nobody has experienced 150 AI, because it too does not exist.

Both elements you are claiming to be broken, cannot be accessed in the first place.

Once again, all the cars have near-infinite rear grip under acceleration.

You can nail the throttle in the middle of a hairpin in the F40 (like turn 1 at Mugello) and all you get is understeer or, at most, a small wiggle from the rear. Same thing in the Lotus 49 (one of the most overpowered cars ever made, with respect to its available grip). Same thing in the FXXK (with TC and Stability off, of course). Let that sink in: A 900+hp car that can't spin the tires in a hairpin.

I believe this was a conscious design decision to appease people using controllers, or else just drivers of very limited skill who couldn't handle the concept of throttle control.

All of which is a real shame, because otherwise this could have been an excellent sim, and the only one that currently models weather properly. But they ruined it by making every car completely immune to power oversteer (you can still occasionally spin a car under braking - but you have to do it intentionally, which is pointless and not realistic). If hackers are ever able to crack into the tire model, I bet they'll find some sort of adjustment that gives every tire extra grip under acceleration.

PC2 would a be a great sim, but for this game-breaking "feature".

Guess now I can finally uninstall "Test drive: Ferrari legends" from my hard drive. :D
I love Mugello, Fiorano... ok, not bad to have another track in game too but I'm really not an experts about all those Ferrari cars... tbh I'm even a little bit lost in all those models, to me - would be much more pleasing if they add latest IndyCar (or at least 2017 chasis with 2018 liveries) or some other cool open wheel series (preferably real life series not some stupid X-Formulas) and that's it.
Would buy it any day and buy a few as a gift for my friends. :)
I know we're all different here but how exactly Lamborghinis and Ferraries do we really need I wonder. :unsure:
Sometimes I feel like our buddies from Slightly Mad studios really treat us open-wheel guys not quite fair.
Sometimes. :geek:

Guess now I can finally uninstall "Test drive: Ferrari legends" from my hard drive. :D
I love Mugello, Fiorano... ok, not bad to have another track in game too but I'm really not an experts about all those Ferrari cars... tbh I'm even a little bit lost in all those models, to me - would be much more pleasing if they add latest IndyCar (or at least 2017 chasis with 2018 liveries) or some other cool open wheel series (preferably real life series not some stupid X-Formulas) and that's it.
Would buy it any day and buy a few as a gift for my friends. :)
I know we're all different here but how exactly Lamborghinis and Ferraries do we really need I wonder. :unsure:
Sometimes I feel like our buddies from Slightly Mad studios really treat us open-wheel guys not quite fair.
Sometimes. :geek:

Open wheelers are not PCars2 forte, for those I usually go to AMS.

Open wheelers are not PCars2 forte, for those I usually go to AMS.
I know mate and my actually currently favorite mod (maybe of all time actually) is CART Extreme but, let's face it... AMS doesn't look as PC2 does.
And don't tell me you're not an amazing visuals type of guy just like me. :x3:
Cuz I know you are, you love PC. :sneaky:
You should check also RF2. ;)
I have "checked" it. For like 2 years. Uninstalled it about some 7-8 months ago.
Guess I got tired of this racing neverending Game of Thrones saga.

I know mate and my actually currently favorite mod (maybe of all time actually) is CART Extreme but, let's face it... AMS doesn't look as PC2 does.
And don't tell me you're not an amazing visuals type of guy just like me. :x3:
Cuz I know you are, you love PC. :sneaky:

I have "checked" it. For like 2 years. Uninstalled it about some 7-8 months ago.
Guess I got tired of this racing neverending Game of Thrones saga.

Yup I like top notch visuals too ;) (well as much as my rig can handle!) but AMS is pretty good considering the engine.

Once again, all the cars have near-infinite rear grip under acceleration.

You can nail the throttle in the middle of a hairpin in the F40 (like turn 1 at Mugello) and all you get is understeer or, at most, a small wiggle from the rear. Same thing in the Lotus 49 (one of the most overpowered cars ever made, with respect to its available grip). Same thing in the FXXK (with TC and Stability off, of course). Let that sink in: A 900+hp car that can't spin the tires in a hairpin.

I believe this was a conscious design decision to appease people using controllers, or else just drivers of very limited skill who couldn't handle the concept of throttle control.

All of which is a real shame, because otherwise this could have been an excellent sim, and the only one that currently models weather properly. But they ruined it by making every car completely immune to power oversteer (you can still occasionally spin a car under braking - but you have to do it intentionally, which is pointless and not realistic). If hackers are ever able to crack into the tire model, I bet they'll find some sort of adjustment that gives every tire extra grip under acceleration.

PC2 would a be a great sim, but for this game-breaking "feature".

If this is true with all driving aids off, then I can continue to leave this title on IGNORE mode.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back