PC2 Project CARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 3.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 4.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 5.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 6.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 7.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 8.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 9.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 10.jpg PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 1.jpg
Project Cars 2 have released the Ferrari Essentials DLC, available now on Steam.

Coming to the simulation as the fourth and potentially final DLC release for the title, the Ferrari Essentials pack comes complete with two circuits and eight iconic cars from the Italian manufacturer - retailing around £8.49 (Steam PC).

Bringing to the game the rarely found Fiorano circuit and the legendary Mugello track, the DLC certainly is a very comprehensive batch of content and should prove popular with fans of the game.

Alongside the new pack Project CARS 2 has also received a minor update, details of which can be seen below:
  • Fixed occasional stability issues.
  • Improved usability of in-game tools.
  • Improved AI ability at various tracks.
  • Improved the penalty system.
  • Optimised tyre wear in wet conditions.
  • Optimisations to LiveTrack at various tracks.
  • Improved track-limit zones.
  • Other miscellaneous fixes.
  • Various improvements, fixes and optimisations.
PCARS 2 Ferrari Essentials DLC 2.jpg

Ferrari Essentials DLC Contents:
  • Ferrari F355 Challenge
  • Ferrari 512 BB LM
  • Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta
  • Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
  • Ferrari F40
  • Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta
  • Ferrari F12tdf
  • Ferrari FXX K

Project CARS 2 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Do you like the look of the new Ferrari pack for PCARS 2? What are your impressions? Which car do you like the most? Let us know in the comments section below!

I love Casey's notes.....I chuckle about those who still think PC2 is "simcade" when I read them.

So far I've spent over an hour with the 250 TR and really enjoyed the subtle aerodynamics of front end lift... reminded me why I wouldn't want to drive this in real life, LOL! Now I need to spend another hour with the 250 GT to see the differences.

And while the engine may have been reliable in races, many were replaced with Chevy engines in the USA as the chassis became dated.

Bought the game (finally :p) and one of the first 4 cars I tried was the 250 GTB on California Full. Driving on my own lane like I was driving in real life. What a blast. Listening to the engine while the sun was setting. Not pushing the throttle too much waiting for the Highway section to finally push the car. Amazing car. Can't wait to try the other ones.

Bought the game (finally :p) and one of the first 4 cars I tried was the 250 GTB on California Full. Driving on my own lane like I was driving in real life. What a blast. Listening to the engine while the sun was setting. Not pushing the throttle too much waiting for the Highway section to finally push the car. Amazing car. Can't wait to try the other ones.
Well welcome to the clan Vitor !
I myself are often driving just like that... like you know... exploring. I bet gamepad kids are like :confused: now. :D But who cares... whatever makes one happy, right ?
Believe it or not...
I just recently manage to try every PC2 circuits (and now they add two more! ugh, hate them!:laugh:) - though not really all variants, just most of them. And not all cars, but all those who I found interesting at all to me. And that's about 80% of them. So 20% of them are still just lying there, waiting for my precious time. Virgin cars. :D
That should explaing how massive this rame really is. And that I don't have that much time like I used too, at a same time. :rolleyes:

Once again, all the cars have near-infinite rear grip under acceleration.

You can nail the throttle in the middle of a hairpin in the F40 (like turn 1 at Mugello) and all you get is understeer or, at most, a small wiggle from the rear. Same thing in the Lotus 49 (one of the most overpowered cars ever made, with respect to its available grip). Same thing in the FXXK (with TC and Stability off, of course). Let that sink in: A 900+hp car that can't spin the tires in a hairpin.

I believe this was a conscious design decision to appease people using controllers, or else just drivers of very limited skill who couldn't handle the concept of throttle control.

All of which is a real shame, because otherwise this could have been an excellent sim, and the only one that currently models weather properly. But they ruined it by making every car completely immune to power oversteer (you can still occasionally spin a car under braking - but you have to do it intentionally, which is pointless and not realistic). If hackers are ever able to crack into the tire model, I bet they'll find some sort of adjustment that gives every tire extra grip under acceleration.

PC2 would a be a great sim, but for this game-breaking "feature".

Don't just complain, show video of this happening.

Once again, all the cars have near-infinite rear grip under acceleration.

You can nail the throttle in the middle of a hairpin in the F40 (like turn 1 at Mugello) and all you get is understeer or, at most, a small wiggle from the rear. Same thing in the Lotus 49 (one of the most overpowered cars ever made, with respect to its available grip). Same thing in the FXXK (with TC and Stability off, of course). Let that sink in: A 900+hp car that can't spin the tires in a hairpin.

I believe this was a conscious design decision to appease people using controllers, or else just drivers of very limited skill who couldn't handle the concept of throttle control.

All of which is a real shame, because otherwise this could have been an excellent sim, and the only one that currently models weather properly. But they ruined it by making every car completely immune to power oversteer (you can still occasionally spin a car under braking - but you have to do it intentionally, which is pointless and not realistic). If hackers are ever able to crack into the tire model, I bet they'll find some sort of adjustment that gives every tire extra grip under acceleration.

PC2 would a be a great sim, but for this game-breaking "feature".

Have you tried the group 5 cars for example? They constantly loose the rear all the time and requires very delicate throttle control.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%