PC2 Project CARS 2: Ferrari DLC Trailer Leaked

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The next DLC for Project CARS 2 has been revealed - check out the leaked trailer for the upcoming Ferrari Essentials DLC...

Thanks to a bit of finger trouble over on the Xbox Store, it looks like sim racing fans have had an unexpected early reveal of the next scheduled DLC release for Project CARS 2. Inadvertently revealing the 'Ferrari Essentials' DLC trailer earlier than expected, we had the opportunity to take a look at the eight new cars and two new circuits set to be added to Project CARS 2 in the near future.

Swiftly removed from the Xbox store webpage once the error had been recognised, you can catch the trailer at the head of this article if you missed it first time around...

Ferrari Essentials DLC Contents:
  • 1956 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta
  • 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
  • 1978 Ferrari 512 BB LM
  • 1987 Ferrari F40
  • 1995 Ferrari F355 Challenge
  • 2014 Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta
  • 2015 Ferrari FXX K
  • 2017 Ferrari F12tdf
  • Mugello Circuit
  • Fiorano Circuit

No release date or pricing guide has been revealed by Slightly Mad Studios at this stage, however more details are expected to become known in the very near future.

Project CARS 2 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

PCARS 2 Ferrari DLC.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to the new DLC? Which car most appeals to you? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Where's the "was coming as free track update" part?
:confused:
You joking, right ?
THERE
kisspng-arrow-computer-icons-clip-art-red-arrow-line-png-5ab19d059bfa98.5843437015215895096389.jpg
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ow-on-ps4-xb1-pc.342814/page-40#post-11707170
And let me copy/paste it for you, in case you somehow can't/don't know how to/ open it.
IanBell:
Small update on Interlagos. We've made contact with the nice people at the circuit and have also sourced a laser scan.
As soon as the team catch a breath they'll start working on it.

As clean as it can be if you asking me. :giggle:
It's not a bad track per se, but it's better suited for bikes and touring cars. If F1s were to race there competitively...
Who's talking about F1 at first place ?
It's great circuit for 97.2% of cars out there.
It's great circuit for Project Cars game.
I'm really really happy they choose it for this DLC.
For me it's simple - Mugello is great a tons of fun track. With it unique curves, some unexpected off camber turns and quite big eleveation changes. Of course - it's quite small and per se not very suitable for very fast F1 cars but for all others... it's just a blast. :inlove:

:confused:
You joking, right ?
THERE
kisspng-arrow-computer-icons-clip-art-red-arrow-line-png-5ab19d059bfa98.5843437015215895096389.jpg
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ow-on-ps4-xb1-pc.342814/page-40#post-11707170
And let me copy/paste it for you, in case you somehow can't/don't know how to/ open it.
IanBell:
Small update on Interlagos. We've made contact with the nice people at the circuit and have also sourced a laser scan.
As soon as the team catch a breath they'll start working on it.

As clean as it can be if you asking me.

Where does this confirm this track will be a free addition to the game? That's my only question!

This content is nice, can't complain about it, but it doesn't add anything really new to the sim, excepting the 2 tracks (would have like interlagos though).

I agree it doesn't bring anything new in the sense you're talking about, but it does complete some historic content missing from the LeMans pack.

I agree it doesn't bring anything new in the sense you're talking about, but it does complete some historic content missing from the LeMans pack.
Yes indeed, and that's really good ; as I said I can't complain about the content. And I like the Ferraris in general. I assume SMS could use some of the assets from their Ferrari game, so it may have been easier.

But I would have prefered more tracks without any additional car (there are so many great tracks in the world, Reiza proved it without having the overused US and European tracks we get in all sims), or 2 new racing categories : Sprint cars? Karting tracks with a rental kart category? GT1 and GT2 from the early 2000 to complete the LMP1 2000 grid? I thought I was the only who liked these later cars, but the positive reviews of RSS's GT1 mod prove me wrong. I see a missed opportunity there to put Pcars2 a step further.

Well, what is done is done, this will be the Ferrari DLC, with more interesting classic cars (it seems that nowadays the 90s cars are considered as classic cars too, mmm getting older...).

There was also a thread in the forum of people praying for a season 2 pass for pcars 2, i dont know if they were serious, but if they want to spend another 30€ i cant judge them.

The devs didnt said nothing of adding more dlc`s even in that thread they didnt said a word, i hope interlagos come out free.

IIRC, there was a thread about how to support further development of PC2.

At this point in PC2's life cycle, it is probably naïve to expect big changes, as all changes made need to be tested for regressions with existing content (think of it as the "ripple effect").

Especially for AI tweaking/adjustments, this is likely going to be very, very tedious work for not a lot of reward I would guess.

But if you look at the *really* successful PC titles, they are all either sold as a subscription or are the ones where the developers have had enough foresight to make the game moddable up the wazoo.

These titles keep selling years after their initial development and hence allow the developers/publishers the resources to keep polishing them.

As I understand it, asking SMS make a 2nd Season Pass DLC available and simply use it as a "we want to support the continued development and polishing of PC2" product was a suggestion meant to gauge if there was enough commercial interest in carrying on developing PC2 past its originally intended 1 year content release cycle.

Not the Ferrari DLC is interessting but the last changelog
OSOfMyO.png

We already know it's going to be a short list (they left PC1 for dead too) because of the usual excuses and according to their CEO there are no bugs and he even went so far to challenge everyone to list them and a few of us did, but he claimed those were feature requests... :roflmao:

Last edited:
In the forum i think they said there wasnt any more dlc`s coming apart from the announced in the season pass, so we all assumed in the forum that it was coming as a free content like the ferrari 488 challenge

Yes, there is no more DLC for the "season pass". However, there has been no mention of no more content for PC2 beyond the season pass. It might be assumed, but there has been no mention by SMS on it.

All the sims feel a little different. Thats not the problem. But at least they all feel somewhat plausible and you can use real life techniques to drive fast. It's no big deal switching trough the sims. I'ts a big deal switching to PC2, where nothig at all feels like the other sims and real world driving styles don't work.

It's interesting hearing/reading everyone's point of view. It just goes to show you that tire behavior is still pretty much a dark art, so different sims focus on different areas.

I have many racer friends (NASA & SCCA) who do sim racing (I race in NASA). They mainly use iRacing since there is a large number of North American tracks. Between PC2 and iRacing, they feel PC2 is more natural to the way they drive in real life. The Miata racers had to unlearn some iRacing concepts before they hopped back into their real cars. However, the racers stick with iRacing just due to the fact of having more tracks that they race on in real life.

I will say the sims are getting much closer together than many years back. Back in the day, if it wasn't an isiMotor game, it would feel completely different than anything else. Today, there are still differences, but there are more similarities than their used to be between racing sims.

There was also a thread in the forum of people praying for a season 2 pass for pcars 2, i dont know if they were serious, but if they want to spend another 30€ i cant judge them.

I woud rather pay for a 30€ DLC than 70€ or 80€ for a PCars3 which I doubt would be a full revolution. Having new content for Pcars2, including some fixes and some evolution, is in my opinion much more interesting.

All the sims feel a little different. Thats not the problem. But at least they all feel somewhat plausible and you can use real life techniques to drive fast. It's no big deal switching trough the sims. I'ts a big deal switching to PC2, where nothig at all feels like the other sims and real world driving styles don't work.
I used to think that way until I found satisfying parameters for the FFB. I must admit it was strange, but right now, the feeling is pretty identical to AC, rFactor2, Raceroom. But it is indeed the main issue with Pcars2, finding the right parameters (although there are only 4 sliders!) ; I think SMS overestimated the capacity of the users to understand how to adjust these sliders. I just tried many parameters, their descriptons being pretty evasive). My recommendation is to test each slider fully left and fully right to feel what it is used for.

PC2 gets a lot of negativity, but It is a nice game which you can play using VR and just relax and chill. Then when I want to be serious I go back on my SIM games. But PC2 does have a place in this world................................

I agree, and the reason why I purchased the second version thinking the Career/RPG mode was going to be much improved only to be disappointed that it actually regressed from PC1. But yes, the VR experience is definitely fun in PC2.

• Deleted member 241736

It's interesting hearing/reading everyone's point of view. It just goes to show you that tire behavior is still pretty much a dark art, so different sims focus on different areas.

I have many racer friends (NASA & SCCA) who do sim racing (I race in NASA). They mainly use iRacing since there is a large number of North American tracks. Between PC2 and iRacing, they feel PC2 is more natural to the way they drive in real life. The Miata racers had to unlearn some iRacing concepts before they hopped back into their real cars. However, the racers stick with iRacing just due to the fact of having more tracks that they race on in real life.

I will say the sims are getting much closer together than many years back. Back in the day, if it wasn't an isiMotor game, it would feel completely different than anything else. Today, there are still differences, but there are more similarities than their used to be between racing sims.
That‘s a very good pov. It confirms the huge emotional and diversity argue of the simfolk. E.g. It‘s hard for me not loving AC despite they banned me :cool: So I should write nasty things about AC but this would stupid. PC2 is also an acceptable sim

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back