PC2 Project CARS 2: Ferrari DLC Trailer Leaked

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The next DLC for Project CARS 2 has been revealed - check out the leaked trailer for the upcoming Ferrari Essentials DLC...

Thanks to a bit of finger trouble over on the Xbox Store, it looks like sim racing fans have had an unexpected early reveal of the next scheduled DLC release for Project CARS 2. Inadvertently revealing the 'Ferrari Essentials' DLC trailer earlier than expected, we had the opportunity to take a look at the eight new cars and two new circuits set to be added to Project CARS 2 in the near future.

Swiftly removed from the Xbox store webpage once the error had been recognised, you can catch the trailer at the head of this article if you missed it first time around...

Ferrari Essentials DLC Contents:
  • 1956 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta
  • 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
  • 1978 Ferrari 512 BB LM
  • 1987 Ferrari F40
  • 1995 Ferrari F355 Challenge
  • 2014 Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta
  • 2015 Ferrari FXX K
  • 2017 Ferrari F12tdf
  • Mugello Circuit
  • Fiorano Circuit

No release date or pricing guide has been revealed by Slightly Mad Studios at this stage, however more details are expected to become known in the very near future.

Project CARS 2 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

PCARS 2 Ferrari DLC.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to the new DLC? Which car most appeals to you? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Guys this is the last dlc but they also said in the forums that interlagos was coming as a free track update.

I have the season pass bought, and just for the lemans dlc it was worth IMO.
With AC:Competizione coming the next week i dont see the problem with this releasing a week after, i mean i like both but are you really going to be hotlapping the misano circuit with the Huracan GT3 more than a week in AC:C? Dont think so, at least me :giggle:

I bought Project cars2 on sale & have found it pretty good for setting up a quick race.The problem with the game is that it is just not compelling or addictive & when you finish a race it is just a bit of an empty feeling.
Some of the cars are great,others are bad.
The AI inconsistancy is just annoying.You can be 80% in one car & then 60% in another car.
It desperately needs a custom championship.This was requested many times on the first Project Cars so not sure why it is missing in PC2.

I do find it puzzling that a publicity trailer released by the Microsoft store a few days in advance of the DLC which they will be selling is described as a "leak". In future will RD describe all pre-rlease publicity as a leak?

Does it come with plausible physics this time? For me the game was a big disappointment. I can't get used to the strange behavior of the cars. You never feel connected to the road at all. It feels like you're in a never-ending accident, trying to save the car.

Better buy a crate of beer and drive AC or AMS. After 20 beer, the physics and FFB feels just as spongy as PC2, but at least you can't remember anything the next day. This way, you don't ruin your driving style.

Last edited:
I personally like PC2, although not my main Sim of choice but I would still purchase PC3 if it was to arrive at some stage, because to me Slightly Mad have nailed the graphics / weather etc, the Audio is satisfactory, all they need to do is concentrate on the FFB / Physics for PC3 and it will be a winner (secretly hoping it will :D)

It's not hate. It's just the strange, unbelievable physics I can't get used to.

If I get used to PC2 physics, I can never drive fast again in the other simulations.

Yes I agree that is different, as so is iRacing, and when I go to rFactor 2 is completly different, so, as I don´t know what is the real deal, I try to simply enjoy :D

So "just" some assumptions. Pitty, but good to know :D
There was also a thread in the forum of people praying for a season 2 pass for pcars 2, i dont know if they were serious, but if they want to spend another 30€ i cant judge them.
The devs didnt said nothing of adding more dlc`s even in that thread they didnt said a word, i hope interlagos come out free.

All the sims feel a little different. Thats not the problem. But at least they all feel somewhat plausible and you can use real life techniques to drive fast. It's no big deal switching trough the sims. I'ts a big deal switching to PC2, where nothig at all feels like the other sims and real world driving styles don't work.

Agree on this one. :)

You must be living pretty lonely life then. :rolleyes:
Almost everyone I know loves it.
And absolutely no one "cant stand" it.
So it must be you. :D
God forbid people having different opinions and tastes rather than "homologating" themselves with the norm/society.

I've been to Mugello plenty of times in recent years aswell as I went to Imola and Misano to watch GT3 and TCR cars race there in their own championships and in the multi-class enviroment offered by Creventic championships.

It's not a bad track per se, but it's better suited for bikes and touring cars. If F1s were to race there competitively, it would be a huge success marketing wise, but once you get past the San Donato hairpin (the first corner), you're mostly stuck with a line of cars until they get back to the main straight do the nature of the track. People with nothing to lose like Verstappen would still try to divebomb everywhere like Arrabbiata 1 & 2 that go downhill and uphill respectively, but it probably offers just a couple of passing opportunities during the entire lap.

A long series of downhill/uphill corners make for a good driving experience in a testing enviroment, but the track doesn't blend well with modern F1 machinery in a competitive scenario.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 21.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.3%