PC2 Project CARS 2 Audi R8 and Circuit of the Americas Images Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Audi R8 2.jpg

The Audi R8 and Circuit of the Americas track at the latest pieces of content to receive the image release treatment from Project CARS 2 this week.. check them out in the article...

Project CARS 2 will be available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 towards the end of 2017.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to stay up to date with all the latest news and join in with the community chat prior to game release later this year.

Project CARS 2 Circuit of the Americas 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Audi R9.jpg
Project CARS 2 Circuit of the Americas.jpg

Looking forward to Project CARS 2? Curious to see how SMS have recreated the Circuit of the Americas track in the new game? Which tracks not yet announced would you like to see added prior to release day? Let us know in the comments section below!

The base is SETA, same as PC1. There have been enhancements to it and new modules as others have mentioned but it's still the same core design (SETA).

Ah I actually was referring to PC1 not PC2, I realise PC2 is an evolution of PC1!! Crossed wires there.

don't confuse brand new tyre model for pCARS, with brand new model for pCARS2,
pCARS2 uses evolution on pCARS1 tyre mode, but that one was brand new from scratch , not just evolution of the Brushmetal one

Yup that's what I thought. :) cheers Patrik.

That STM article is a very good read and I am certainly no expert on tyre or tire physics, but I really think that pC2 does feel really good and actually noticeably different to drive in the cars that seem to be updated fully from how pC1 feels. Only way I can think to describe is it feels more natural and intuitive compared to pc1 and even to AC and RRRE. What do you other guys here who have driven the beta think ?

What's the low speed grip like in PC2? I like AC and RF2 but their low speed grip is not good IMO. PC, AMS and R3E all are better at low speeds.

During PC1, they did a sort of "retrospective" of the limitations on the previous tire modes SMS has used over the years including rF1. Low speed grip was one of limitations they mentioned from the older sims (and why it existed) so that is one of the things they have worked at.

To me, the low speed grip is better than it was in PC1. Some of the tires in PC1 were a little too slippery when cold and that made the low speed grip also feel a little lower than it should with certain tires. I feel PC2 is much more consistent across the tires.

During PC1, they did a sort of "retrospective" of the limitations on the previous tire modes SMS has used over the years including rF1. Low speed grip was one of limitations they mentioned from the older sims (and why it existed) so that is one of the things they have worked at.

To me, the low speed grip is better than it was in PC1. Some of the tires in PC1 were a little too slippery when cold and that made the low speed grip also feel a little lower than it should with certain tires. I feel PC2 is much more consistent across the tires.

This is great to hear!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back