PC2 Project CARS 2 Audi R8 and Circuit of the Americas Images Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Audi R8 2.jpg

The Audi R8 and Circuit of the Americas track at the latest pieces of content to receive the image release treatment from Project CARS 2 this week.. check them out in the article...

Project CARS 2 will be available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 towards the end of 2017.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to stay up to date with all the latest news and join in with the community chat prior to game release later this year.

Project CARS 2 Circuit of the Americas 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Audi R9.jpg
Project CARS 2 Circuit of the Americas.jpg

Looking forward to Project CARS 2? Curious to see how SMS have recreated the Circuit of the Americas track in the new game? Which tracks not yet announced would you like to see added prior to release day? Let us know in the comments section below!

Don't they have people testing PCars 2 atm? Might as well have a demo but whatever.
Well, Ian Bell said somewhere that demos of all games have the tendency to hurt the sales, because there are more people who won't buy the game anymore after playing the demo than people who'll buy it because of the demo. So, a demo is generally seen as paying money for losing customers.

Well, Ian Bell said somewhere that demos of all games have the tendency to hurt the sales, because there are more people who won't buy the game anymore after playing the demo than people who'll buy it because of the demo. So, a demo is generally seen as paying money for losing customers.

Usually my only reason for trying a demo is if it works ok on my system. I did that for the earlier version of RF2 (because I'd read about it's desire to eat up processor power), worked fine so I paid for the full version.

I guess with the refund policy on Steam now it's not so much of an issue if something doesn't work very well or you simply don't like it.

Assetto Corsa: Releases an impressive update to their game recently showing huge improvements to AI etc. They are a true contender for top SIM honors for 2017 and perhaps beyond.
Project Cars 2: Worried by said improvements to Assetto Corsa, so releases MORE screenshots.:)

Assetto Corsa: Releases an impressive update to their game recently showing huge improvements to AI etc. They are a true contender for top SIM honors for 2017 and perhaps beyond.
Project Cars 2: Worried by said improvements to Assetto Corsa, so releases MORE screenshots.:)
I doubt they are worried, they have the "woah!! New release" aspect on their side, that alone make you get more focus from the average gamer (putting together all the shiny graphics and content). Plus didn't P CARS sell about 2x more than AC? They got a pretty big fanbase to throw a new game. Not even counting the track list that is already far bigger than AC (official tracks) and car list like GT3 where they got already 12 or 13 of the current gen. And I saw a video at the Red Bull Ring that looked like their AI can defend against the player, tho it was buggy slow on T2

Anglesey please... It looks yummy on 5th Gear. I don't know why, but I always attracted to UK "non - mainstream" tracks. Maybe because they are tend to be small, technical and fun.

and pray tell what else exactly can they do?....how about release a vid of what the Mclaren test driver thinks? Oh wait he's obviously been bought out and has no integrity what am I thinking <-sarcasm

and pray tell what else exactly can they do?....how about release a vid of what the Mclaren test driver thinks? Oh wait he's obviously been bought out and has no integrity what am I thinking <-sarcasm
Ha. :) I'm just busting chops. What McLaren vid are you referring to? The one where the official McLaren test driver says that PCars2 captures so wonderfully the feel of the new McLaren? You mean the one where he's sitting at a $30,000 driving rig? :) It had better drive good! Hopefully all that 'feel' will transfer over to a controller or even a cheapo wheel like my T150. We'll see. I'm definitely a PCars fan, don't get me wrong, but for me, I'm really hoping the driving experience closely matches Assetto. In other respects, PCars is great.

I like AC but prefer R3E for racing however even in its current beta unfinished state pC2 feels better to drive than either using a car & track that is in a sufficient "finished" state. And you do not need a $30K motion rig to judge how good the physics & tire model already feel as my driving setup cost much less and yet what Chris Goodwin said about those cars feels like he must know what he is talking about ... maybe ?

I like AC but prefer R3E for racing however even in its current beta unfinished state pC2 feels better to drive than either using a car & track that is in a sufficient "finished" state. And you do not need a $30K motion rig to judge how good the physics & tire model already feel as my driving setup cost much less and yet what Chris Goodwin said about those cars feels like he must know what he is talking about ... maybe ?
That's a solid endorsement for Pcars2. Can't wait to try it out.

Ha. :) I'm just busting chops. What McLaren vid are you referring to? The one where the official McLaren test driver says that PCars2 captures so wonderfully the feel of the new McLaren? You mean the one where he's sitting at a $30,000 driving rig? :) It had better drive good! Hopefully all that 'feel' will transfer over to a controller or even a cheapo wheel like my T150. We'll see. I'm definitely a PCars fan, don't get me wrong, but for me, I'm really hoping the driving experience closely matches Assetto. In other respects, PCars is great.

fair enough, but the fact it's in a 20k rig is irrelevant really as the rig just interprets the info the game is sending. But yeah SMS have refined their new tyre tech (brand new for Pcars which many do forget) so it should be a good experience. Hopefully not "too" much like AC as I feel the low speed grip in AC is woefully inadequate at times.

The tyre model is not brand new, it is the same base with a lot of tweaks and a few new modules that add to it, it probably counts as a new experience overall, but it is not a new tyre model from scratch.

• tunaphis

I think different retailers have different policies on opened software so I didn't want to mention it (since it won't apply to everyone depending on where they live and where they purchased it). At least with Steam, it's consistent for everyone. ;)
Here in Oz it's 1 week no questions @ EB for disc's.

The tyre model is not brand new, it is the same base with a lot of tweaks and a few new modules that add to it, it probably counts as a new experience overall, but it is not a new tyre model from scratch.

I dunno the SETA tyre model was a major departure as far as I was concerned and when it came in I HAD to upgrade my PC as once the SETA calculation came in my old PC wasn't up to it. Pretty certain it was as full a rewrite as possible. Hopefully someone can chip in with evidence or I'll ask over at PCars forums.

it's not surprising that pC2 will be better then pC1 :) that's how (usually) development works

things like AMS are considered very good, but they are build on 10 year old engine with lot a lot of experience how to get the most out of it

pCARS1 was brand new engine for the physics, and also with way more variables , so obviously it was much harder to balance it all out straight out of the box, so pCARS2 builds on that foundation and improves and fixes what it can

it's not surprising that pC2 will be better then pC1 :) that's how (usually) development works

things like AMS are considered very good, but they are build on 10 year old engine with lot a lot of experience how to get the most out of it

pCARS1 was brand new engine for the physics, and also with way more variables , so obviously it was much harder to balance it all out straight out of the box, so pCARS2 builds on that foundation and improves and fixes what it can

Well, I think this is true in effect. However, there is always the chance that PCars2 goes the more arcade route, to be more inclusive. Not saying that will happen, but it is possible. I think this is what many people are afraid will be the case. In fact many people feel this is the case already, which is why Assetto is so popular. The handling model, many feel, is far superior. So even though something can get better, made better by experience, learning as they go, doesn't mean PCars2 will be a more focused SIM. I'm hoping it will be because I enjoy it as it is. So, the more SIM focused it gets, I'm all for it.

Last edited:
Well, I think this is true in effect. However, there is always the chance that PCars2 goes the more arcade route, to be more inclusive. Not saying that will happen, but it is possible. I think this is what many people are afraid will be the case. In fact many people feel this is the case already, which is why Assetto is so popular. The handling model, many feel, is far superior. So even though something can get better, made better by experience, learning as they go, doesn't mean PCars2 will be a more focused SIM. I'm hoping it will be because I enjoy it as it is. So, the more SIM focused it gets, I'm all for it.
funny you should say that, I heard from people that AC is turning more arcade to satisfy console crowd :)

but anyhow, there's always people with different oppinions on same thing, which is why there will never be a consensus

for me pcars is more advanced sim then anything else out there, maybe with exception of RF2, because they are simulating way more things then other games out there, standing water, water draining, drying lines, grip lines, just to name a few

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back